Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman feels the rush.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

STERN11354

Starter

#30 : October 26, 2009, 05:18:32 PM

What O-line is going to look good when:

- WR's who can't catch a cold

At least they'll never get H1N1.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 26, 2009, 05:26:09 PM

Did I seriously read that people got ideas of how he will play from his few passing snaps in the Pats game?LOL

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 26, 2009, 05:57:26 PM

Did I seriously read that people got ideas of how he will play from his few passing snaps in the Pats game?LOL

Yeah but isn't it better then the ones who said he will be a bust before he even got those few snaps?   I see improvement in the intelligence of the posters.    :o

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#33 : October 26, 2009, 08:12:04 PM

True there isn't much to go on, but, like I said, from what limited playtime he has gotten, he's been far from cool in the pocket...  You can say what you want about Leftwich, but the man always stood tall in the face of a rush.  Hopefully Free will gain courage with experience.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 26, 2009, 08:27:57 PM

True there isn't much to go on, but, like I said, from what limited playtime he has gotten, he's been far from cool in the pocket... You can say what you want about Leftwich, but the man always stood tall in the face of a rush. Hopefully Free will gain courage with experience.

I disagree, I think he stood tall on those completions. On his first snap, the play was pretty much blown up by the pressure, not much he could do.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 26, 2009, 08:29:37 PM

During the preseason, Freeman hung in the pocket very well, IMO. Many analysts said that he appeared to have good pocket presence. Johnson had issues standing in the pocket and delivering.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 26, 2009, 10:53:44 PM

The last thing to come is recognition.

After Freeman gets smacked around a few times, he'll learn to read and process the defense quicker.

As other said, there were a couple of times where he didn't even have a chance to set up and someone was breathing down his neck.

That's on the o-line and backs, sorry.

#37 : October 26, 2009, 11:17:12 PM

I think the biggest knock on the kid is going to be his inability to stand tall in the pocket, go through his progressions and deliver the ball...  In his limited time in the preseason and yesterday, he seems awfully uncomfortable.  I hope he's got it in him to shut it all out and stay cool under pressure....

Kid came in cold for a few snaps, in his first real live action,  what do you expect?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 26, 2009, 11:27:56 PM

I DON'T think he sees where the blitz is comming from. I don't see quickness. I REALLY don't see a "leader" out there, as of yet.

The future is a different mother, but Rah has done everything possible to cover up his golden boy for now. Hopefully he'll get the experiance he needs starting, but I once heard a saying "If you have it then you'll show it from day ONE." If that's true, then we're in a bind, because JF hasn't show us anything out of the ordinary.

If that's true, then Favre, Brady, and Manning all suck. Seriously, look at their first few career games.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 26, 2009, 11:35:19 PM

I DON'T think he sees where the blitz is comming from. I don't see quickness. I REALLY don't see a "leader" out there, as of yet.

The future is a different mother, but Rah has done everything possible to cover up his golden boy for now. Hopefully he'll get the experiance he needs starting, but I once heard a saying "If you have it then you'll show it from day ONE." If that's true, then we're in a bind, because JF hasn't show us anything out of the ordinary.

If that's true, then Favre, Brady, and Manning all suck. Seriously, look at their first few career games.

So many people wanted Cutler but while one guy says Freeman can't see the blitz, Jay Cutler can't see a ref waving his arms in his face.   He must suck.    ;D

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 26, 2009, 11:55:24 PM

Seriously though, this thread is an example of one of the biggest reasons I've been worried about Freeman starting too early...and that is that Buccaneers fans can be complete morons.

I mean really, he's attempted 4 career passes and we're already questioning him? Unless all 4 were interceptions, this is well beyond ludicrous. And if he starts next week against the Packers and doesn't have a great game, I guarantee people on this board will be having a heart attack about him being a bust, our future being doomed, and how we have to draft Bradford next year. Our fanbase has the patience of a rich, undisciplined 5 year old.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 26, 2009, 11:57:28 PM

I am not interested how he plays (welcome any positive surprises) rather how those around him play.  We know JF will back next year, but the rest of them better bring their hard hats. 

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 27, 2009, 12:02:31 AM

Seriously though, this thread is an example of one of the biggest reasons I've been worried about Freeman starting too early...and that is that Buccaneers fans can be complete morons.

I mean really, he's attempted 4 career passes and we're already questioning him? Unless all 4 were interceptions, this is well beyond ludicrous. And if he starts next week against the Packers and doesn't have a great game, I guarantee people on this board will be having a heart attack about him being a bust, our future being doomed, and how we have to draft Bradford next year. Our fanbase has the patience of a rich, undisciplined 5 year old.

I agree.   Not sure if it's the fan base or just the slice of fans who post on message boards though.   Fans I've met around the country tend to be pretty cheerleader ra ra types when it comes to the Bucs.   They actually give me strange looks when I start to criticize certain players or coaches.    I still wear my Clayton jersey just to have people say "clayton rocks" then I can laugh at them and tell them how bad he truly is.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 27, 2009, 12:16:41 AM

I agree.   Not sure if it's the fan base or just the slice of fans who post on message boards though.   Fans I've met around the country tend to be pretty cheerleader ra ra types when it comes to the Bucs.   They actually give me strange looks when I start to criticize certain players or coaches.    I still wear my Clayton jersey just to have people say "clayton rocks" then I can laugh at them and tell them how bad he truly is.

Well it seems to be the same way around here with Rays fans. They all show up in droves when we made the playoffs, but for much of the year they weren't around. This year, when we were still in the playoff race, we had 15k showing up to games against the Red Sox. Considering there were probably a lot of Red Sox fans out of that 15k, that's beyond pathetic. It just seems like there's a spirit of negativity in the area, and whenever a team shows any signs of struggling they give up, complain, and refuse to stick with their team until they're winning again.

And I'm not saying all forms of dissent are wrong. If a team is making stupid decisions, they should be criticized. It's the chicken little syndrome that causes people to run for bomb shelters and raid their local grocery stores for water cartons and canned foods just because Freeman didn't react like a grizzled vet during his first 2-3 minutes of regular season action that makes me get annoyed with the fans of this area.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#44 : October 27, 2009, 12:51:46 AM

All of this with a Bill Belichick defense that had their ears pinned back on every play in his first regular season game?
Don't forget a grand total of what 10 plays lol.

And I would say that is completely wrong, many QB's were awful there rookie year and didn't show it from day one. Hell just look at 2 HOFers like Manning and Aikman.

People forget that although Manning threw a ton of picks his rookie year, he also threw for like 3500 yards and 26 TDs.
Yeah, I used him as an example for his 3-13 record, he was solid, but he made a lot of mistakes and there were definitely games where he was questioned I'm sure.

Just like every NFL QB, it takes time to adjust.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman feels the rush.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools