Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas says Morris needs to win at least 2 games to keep his job « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

escobar

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 26, 2009, 10:50:09 PM

Trust me...Brady & the Patriots toyed yesterday.  Had they preferred to do so, they could have blown the Bucs out by more than the 28 they achieved.

It's obvious to some of us, although to others that theory is considered ridiculous. The only thing ridiculous to me is our lack of direction.

#16 : October 26, 2009, 11:10:00 PM

Trust me...Brady & the Patriots toyed yesterday.  Had they preferred to do so, they could have blown the Bucs out by more than the 28 they achieved.

It's obvious to some of us, although to others that theory is considered ridiculous. The only thing ridiculous to me is our lack of direction.

I dont get it. So Brady could have thrown it a little better if wanted to on the passes that were intercepted? The times they went 3 and out they really could have got a first down if they didnt toy around? They decided to go serious on the Titans and run the score up over 50 points but they like us better and decided to hold back?

burger40

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 26, 2009, 11:16:50 PM

Prefer you usually make good posts but what the H is this? Did you see the merciless, continued execution of offensive prowess by the Pats against the Titans. Brady didn't say at half gee i'm done toying he went out and threw his 6th td pass before Bellicheck finally pulled him. This is absolute nonsense.

It is like some people want us to suck worse than every other team out there. Not sure I understand it....perhaps it is to vindicate their feelings that the Glazers and Raheem are worse than the spawn of satan.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 26, 2009, 11:21:04 PM

Let me ask you homers a simple question...who doesn't stop NE running game?  NE is known for their passing game so of course the Dline was able to tee off on Brady a little bit.  Lets see how good they are when we play Miami, Atlanta, Carolina...one game against a team known for their passing exclusively and people want to say improvement lol.  BTW WHAT WAS THE FINAL SCORE?

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 26, 2009, 11:29:41 PM

there was improvement in the D-Line. Whether it was a product of matt light's replacement sucking remains to be seen. I think we can get after Rodgers, GB's offensive line sucks.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 26, 2009, 11:32:00 PM

What is this Titans comparison I keep reading? Different team, different week. There are so many variables that go into each game, to compare the two as if the NFL is some kind of software program that spits out consistent results based on a set of factors is asinine. I really think those having trouble picking up the idea that the Pats may have lacked intensity/competitiveness against us were probably never part of a team themselves.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 26, 2009, 11:42:45 PM

"or is his job in jeopardy?....(the play calling has been horrible) "

Not sure why Gerald included that last bit unless he's trying to imply that Raheem should fire his second OC of the season.    I personally wouldn't mind it but the guy isn't calling plays so why does he get the blame?   Blame him for going with Olson over Logan at least.   That was at least partially his fault.   The play calling is on Olson and he's a total fraud.   I'm laughing now when I think of his press conference after being promoted where he talked about how "his offense" is more of a vertical passing offense then Jagz was.   This moron has hidden in his shell and gone back to the dink and dunk hoping the memory of the Great One will save him.     Our offense looked the best against Dallas....that says a lot to me.   Maybe we fired the wrong fraud. 

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 27, 2009, 12:22:38 AM

Well in the NFL...typically the head coach is the one that picks his staff with maybe some advising help from the GM. And when Jags was fired, Morris took the blame for it. Morris said specifically, "This one is on Raheem." The front office and upper levels of the team typically dont get too involved in the assistant coach level unless they feel it is necessary (ie: Dungy burning though one OC after another).

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 27, 2009, 01:16:57 AM

Progress on the D Line yesterday. Now if we can get some consistent play from the QB, we will win a few games. I think.

Cyber, when was the last time you posted anything positive about any aspect of this team or any player? When Sammie had the return for TD and a few nice catches/nice moves, did you start a thread about him?

How exactly do you want me to be positive? There isnt much to be positive about when you're 0-7 (0-11 streak), statistically among the worst teams in the NFL, a cheap ownership, and a coaching staff that is completely incompetent and has no idea what the hell they are doing?

And Im supposed to be positive? Where is the DL improving? I've watched every minute of every game and I dont see anywhere that they are improving.

I pointed out one bright spot in Sammie, a 7th round pick. But you're incapable of seeing anything positive. Pathetic.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 27, 2009, 01:19:52 AM

I dont get it. So Brady could have thrown it a little better if wanted to on the passes that were intercepted? The times they went 3 and out they really could have got a first down if they didnt toy around? They decided to go serious on the Titans and run the score up over 50 points but they like us better and decided to hold back?

Don't bother. Esco also thinks the league told Billy B. to avoid running up the score! LOL.

Tim Brown was right.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 27, 2009, 01:21:53 AM

I wouldn't bother explaining yourself. Joe's MO is to side with the minority opinion on literally everything, I have serious doubts he believes half of what he says...he just likes to get a rise out of people.

LOL. Go hang out with Java. He's into that sort of thing. Among other things.

I stand behind every one of my posts.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#26 : October 27, 2009, 01:22:35 AM

The frustrating thing about the defense is every time it seems like something's fixed, something else breaks.

It does seem that way.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 27, 2009, 01:24:54 AM

I wouldn't bother explaining yourself. Joe's MO is to side with the minority opinion on literally everything, I have serious doubts he believes half of what he says...he just likes to get a rise out of people.

LOL. Go hang out with Java. He's into that sort of thing. Among other things.

I stand behind every one of my posts.

So if you ever have a son, he turns out to be gay, marries several gay men, the group adopts several children and they all spend the next three decades hunting down bigfoot and UFO's, I'm sure you'll be very proud.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 27, 2009, 01:30:43 AM

What is this Titans comparison I keep reading? Different team, different week. There are so many variables that go into each game, to compare the two as if the NFL is some kind of software program that spits out consistent results based on a set of factors is asinine. I really think those having trouble picking up the idea that the Pats may have lacked intensity/competitiveness against us were probably never part of a team themselves.

they are way different teams and situations but the point being made i believe is that if a great coach like Jeff Fisher can go 0-6 and his team look bewildered then it is very possible that a SOME of our woes aren't necessarily due to poor coaching but simply lack of execution by the players and a lack of cohesiveness with so many changes happening with different personnel groups and new schemes etc.

i don't see how yuou can't acknowledge that argument. A lot of people say it is all about the coach but we know Fisher is a good HC and they've often looked worse than us.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

escobar

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 27, 2009, 01:36:10 AM

they are way different teams and situations but the point being made i believe is that if a great coach like Jeff Fisher can go 0-6 and his team look bewildered then it is very possible that a SOME of our woes aren't necessarily due to poor coaching but simply lack of execution by the players and a lack of cohesiveness with so many changes happening with different personnel groups and new schemes etc.

i don't see how yuou can't acknowledge that argument. A lot of people say it is all about the coach but we know Fisher is a good HC and they've often looked worse than us.

I do buy that argument, it's the same one I made in favor of Gruden. You see last year that argument didn't fly around here, it definitely wasn't the players screwing up the scheme it was all Gruden said some. This year some people are singing a different tune because they wanted Gruden gone and are determined to "prove" they were right. The hypocrisy around here is sickening.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas says Morris needs to win at least 2 games to keep his job « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools