Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas says Morris needs to win at least 2 games to keep his job « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

burger40

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 27, 2009, 02:11:03 AM

What is this Titans comparison I keep reading? Different team, different week. There are so many variables that go into each game, to compare the two as if the NFL is some kind of software program that spits out consistent results based on a set of factors is asinine. I really think those having trouble picking up the idea that the Pats may have lacked intensity/competitiveness against us were probably never part of a team themselves.

they are way different teams and situations but the point being made i believe is that if a great coach like Jeff Fisher can go 0-6 and his team look bewildered then it is very possible that a SOME of our woes aren't necessarily due to poor coaching but simply lack of execution by the players and a lack of cohesiveness with so many changes happening with different personnel groups and new schemes etc.

i don't see how yuou can't acknowledge that argument. A lot of people say it is all about the coach but we know Fisher is a good HC and they've often looked worse than us.

I do buy that argument, it's the same one I made in favor of Gruden. You see last year that argument didn't fly around here, it definitely wasn't the players screwing up the scheme it was all Gruden said some. This year some people are singing a different tune because they wanted Gruden gone and are determined to "prove" they were right. The hypocrisy around here is sickening.

fair enouh. i started subscribing just this month. so i have no idea what the previous sentiments were about Gruden except what i can gather from people talking about it. I think Gruden was a great Xs and Os guy, he definitely made our offense better than it was in the years before. Not sure how good he was at team building and how much of that was Allen's fault and not his own.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 27, 2009, 08:38:27 AM

he definitely made our offense better than it was in the years before.

That'd be true, except it isn't. That offense, for all the energy poured into it, was never on average better than the Dungy era failures on offense.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 27, 2009, 09:22:19 AM

What is this Titans comparison I keep reading? Different team, different week.

Because the argument you are putting forth is Brady and the Titans showed mercy for the Bucs only, because they didn't against the Titans a week earlier.  They didn't, not until the end of the third quarter (just like against Tenn) anyway.  They took everything they could from the Titans, just they would have against the Bucs in the first 2 1/2 quarters.  Belichick and the Pats didn't change their stripes of the last 8 years in 7 days.

For god's sake, they tried a fake friggin' punt.  What isn't getting through?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 27, 2009, 11:22:41 AM

Who care what Yatsi thinks.  Its all spec.

If Rah shows progress by the end of the year, that'll be good enuf for him to stay. IMO.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 28, 2009, 11:11:40 AM

If Radio stays next year we will be worse.  He stinks.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#35 : October 28, 2009, 11:22:42 AM

I don't think he can win 2 games this year...

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 28, 2009, 11:48:38 AM

2 wins to keep his job...love the standards around  here

Bring back GRUDEN!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas says Morris needs to win at least 2 games to keep his job « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools