Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do planes fly themselves? « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: October 27, 2009, 05:04:11 AM

Honestly.  As a dude who hates flying, but only for a reason, do airline pilots sometimes fall asleep at the helm?  How awful is that...I mean I got pulled over in St. Louis (and released) for driving while exhausted.  So why do airline pilots get the benefit?

Obviously, what happened recently is a major ding towards most commercial pilots.  I know one who says he falls asleep all the time during flights, sets his junk on AP.  Wow.  I think these chump pilots should be fired, hire younger pilots who care about their jobs, and go on with life.

For them to miss their destination this badly, means something was up.  I cannot imagine how many drunk pilots take to the skies.  There must be hundreds daily.  Sleep it off champ.

[banghead]

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/us/27plane.html?_r=1&hp

Fire these guys and SUE them, IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 27, 2009, 05:06:46 AM

Yeah can you imagine...I was on the PR...I was arguing with LFO (Ray) about Vince Young, JaMarcus Russell, and I missed my target...

My laptop has slow ping rates....

Old azz pilots who are old asses.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do planes fly themselves? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools