Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UFC=Rigged « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 25, 2009, 01:31:47 AM

Rua won that fight by far... :-

2goodbucs

Starter
#1 : October 25, 2009, 11:53:33 AM

I've noticed that a few years ago which caused me to not watch it anymore but I do watch highlights of the big fights online and I just fast forward it to the end to see who won. I don't waste my time watching the whole fight to find out the fight was rigged. Corruption should stay in boxing where it belongs.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 25, 2009, 12:07:54 PM

Rigged not really. Machida is the champ so Rua didn't really win big enough to win. A lot of the rounds could have gone either way.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2009, 12:51:04 AM

Rigged?  Nah.  I could see the argument for Machida winning it.  However, I'm stunned it was unanimous, expected a split decision for Rua.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 26, 2009, 11:08:05 PM

I missed the fight because the card was kinda weak.  I just wanted to agree with Booker that the challenger must win decisively to get the belt. If its close, you go with the champ.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 27, 2009, 12:06:47 AM

I mean Rua countered a lot but he also got hit first. So I can see how you can give it to Machida. There is no way it is rigged based on the fact Rua winning would be better for the UFC seeing as they have no other LHW to fight Machida now. With Rua winning they could have had Silva fight him if he gets past Belfort.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UFC=Rigged « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools