Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6'5" and 239 and 4.35 in the 40 (amended) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#135 : February 27, 2007, 12:00:12 PM

You can't make a positive argument for a guy as not being a one year wonder when one's a senior and one's a junior. That just doen't make any sense.

Two words, Quentin Moses. Adams has a track record of doing it year in and year out. Anderson doesn't and that makes his rsik factor much higher.

Or you're missing out on the guy who could get 15 next year.  Anderson has the size and athleticism that Moses doesn't.  He's less likely to bust IMO.  I'll take a chance on him being Julius Peppers over Adams at what he is.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#136 : February 27, 2007, 12:05:08 PM

LB, Dal just point out my next point. Track Record. Adams has done this since becoming a starter in 2005:

118 tackles
22 sacks
32.5 tackles for loss
5 forced fumbles

That doesn't include the dozens of QB pressures, 29 as a Junior and batted passes (or passes defensed).

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#137 : February 27, 2007, 12:09:49 PM

dal, you're making too much sense.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#138 : February 27, 2007, 12:12:04 PM

LB, Dal just point out my next point. Track Record. Adams has done this since becoming a starter in 2005:

118 tackles
22 sacks
32.5 tackles for loss
5 forced fumbles

That doesn't include the dozens of QB pressures, 29 as a Junior and batted passes (or passes defensed).

You're posting stats as if I don't already know them all.  We just disagree as to what that means in the NFL.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#139 : February 27, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

No, I'm posting stats to show the consistency and improvement in play. If you don't like college production, then you must like work out results. Either way, both show that he is the prototypical RDE.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#140 : February 27, 2007, 12:20:17 PM

No, I'm posting stats to show the consistency and improvement in play. If you don't like college production, then you must like work out results. Either way, both show that he is the prototypical RDE.

I like college production just fine.  What gave you the impression I don't?  I just like Calvin Johnson's and Jamaal Anderson's production more.  It's not like either one of these guys have done nothing in college.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#141 : February 27, 2007, 12:24:07 PM

I like college production just fine.  What gave you the impression I don't?  I just like Calvin Johnson's and Jamaal Anderson's production more.  It's not like either one of these guys have done nothing in college.

I'm not saying you don't, I'm talking people in general. Either they ignore college production and focus on Combine results, or they take combie results with a grain of salt and trust college production.

Either way there's no way you could argue that Gaines isn't the best DE in the country.

BTW, CJ is the best prospect in the draft, I'm not arguing that. If he's gone and you have ogo dfense you have to go with Gaines.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#142 : February 27, 2007, 12:25:17 PM

Well lots of people are arguing that Gaines isn't the best DE in the country.  It's not just me. 

#143 : February 27, 2007, 12:28:54 PM

With Anderson we're talking upside and potential.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#144 : February 27, 2007, 12:33:24 PM

It's not just potential.  Sure he has it, but he produced more than Adams did this season.  He's doing it on the field already.  He posted 13.5 sacks this year with 20 tackles for a loss.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#145 : February 27, 2007, 12:37:53 PM

Adams and Anderson both look the part. I have to give the edge to Adams though because its all I have seen thus far. I am looking fwd to seeing what Anderson posts when he workouts.

Baghead #2

#146 : February 27, 2007, 12:49:08 PM

It's not just potential.  Sure he has it, but he produced more than Adams did this season.  He's doing it on the field already.  He posted 13.5 sacks this year with 20 tackles for a loss.

Right, I meant in addition but I still haven't decided between the two yet.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6'5" and 239 and 4.35 in the 40 (amended) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools