Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6'5" and 239 and 4.35 in the 40 (amended) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 24, 2007, 03:43:20 PM

Throw the ball near him and he will catch it

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 24, 2007, 03:58:03 PM

Peter King just said that CJ will probably be the #1 overall player on 28 NFL front office draft boards, if not 32. He, too, expects Johnson to go to the Buccaneers at #4 overall. I would not dislike that outcome whatsoever.

If the Bucs get CJ and MC can return to form, with JG out there and Stovall in the wings, this WR corps could become pretty scary.

DTG, are you confident about the O-line? I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to wait util FA is over, plus the draft. Hey, they drafted the right side last year, so maybe this year they draft the left side. Now about the QB situation.............

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 25, 2007, 01:06:11 AM

Peter King just said that CJ will probably be the #1 overall player on 28 NFL front office draft boards, if not 32. He, too, expects Johnson to go to the Buccaneers at #4 overall. I would not dislike that outcome whatsoever.

If the Bucs get CJ and MC can return to form, with JG out there and Stovall in the wings, this WR corps could become pretty scary.

DTG, are you confident about the O-line? I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to wait util FA is over, plus the draft. Hey, they drafted the right side last year, so maybe this year they draft the left side. Now about the QB situation.............

Who needs an O-line when you have a great WR corp? - Arizona Cardinals

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 25, 2007, 01:15:50 AM

At this point, either JT or CJ would make me very happy on draft day.

I like JT>CJ but the worst scenario is both being gone.
Yep on both points.
I am not going to weep if Gaines is still available.  In fact, I would rather have Gaines than CJ.  It is a matter of utmost importance....pass rushing that is.

watson

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 25, 2007, 07:33:46 AM

From some of the buzz at the combine, it looks like Brady Quinn is making a good impression on the scouts/coaches.  It would not be out of the realm of possibility to see BA draft Quinn.  If you remember the end of year PCs both Allen and JG pointed the QB play as a weakness and that it needed to be corrected.  And JG said he wanted to get a QB that could dominate.  I'm not saying that BQ is that player, I'm saying that I've heard JG sound very impressed with BQ everytime I've heard him discussed and with him having 2 years of pro type coaching with Weiss they may view him as being ahead of the learning curve for rookie QBs.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#20 : February 25, 2007, 08:16:39 AM

i think we take him if he is there no matter who is there....nobody will realize that he will add so much to this offense and will make every aspect improve

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#21 : February 25, 2007, 08:24:50 AM

I highly doubt quinn will ever get to eat a real cuban sandwich.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 25, 2007, 10:09:58 AM

Add in the speed and the hands and the strength and that's really, really hard to overlook. I could NOT be unhappy if the Bucs stay put at #4 and pick this kid if JT is off the board.

I agree.

With JT off the board taking CJ who is the best player and athlete in the draft is a very nice consolation prize.  But I have to admit Gaines Adams would be tempting. ;)

BucFanMatt

Starter
#23 : February 25, 2007, 11:46:04 AM

I am not going to weep if Gaines is still available.  In fact, I would rather have Gaines than CJ.  It is a matter of utmost importance....pass rushing that is.

Charley Casserly and Dom Capers agree.

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 25, 2007, 12:28:04 PM

CJ's stock just skyrocketed. o.O

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 25, 2007, 12:31:57 PM

CJ all the way. I like the idea of Joe Thomas but fear he would be just above average LT not a dominating LT. While I would take a LT over a WR if everything was equal.
 It is evident they are not equal Joe Thomas is just the best LT in a week draft for LT whil CJ is a freak. A Once in a 10 year athalete

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 25, 2007, 12:40:36 PM

Chris Simms is foaming out the mouth if we draft him.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#27 : February 25, 2007, 12:42:31 PM

Chris Simms is foaming out the mouth if we draft him.

I think he already is and dont get me wrong given the chance also Simms is a good QB and with Johnson being drafted he literally foam for weeks

#28 : February 25, 2007, 12:48:42 PM

Joe Thomas is a freak at his position too. After him though, CJ is the choice.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#29 : February 25, 2007, 01:02:57 PM

We need to stop talking about past busts. Every position has a number of busts. There is no guarantee that any player will be great. Look at the last few years of OT's taken. Gallery, Davis, the other guy from Texas that went to the Bills, Kenyatta Walker none of them have become anything near special. Then lasy year everyone made a big deal about Ferguson and he was good but the guy from Auburn was better. You just never know so you have to look at these guys individually and quit worrying if the last 10 guys drafted at that position haven't made the pro bowl it has nothing to do with these guys.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6'5" and 239 and 4.35 in the 40 (amended) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools