Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Bucs are very capable of going 0-16 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#15 : October 30, 2009, 09:25:30 AM

the worse this team performs, the better Gruden looks.

not really!!

Yeah really

AcuraT

Starter

#16 : October 30, 2009, 11:54:33 AM

The Bucs will probably tie the single season loss record at 0-16.  The franchise could not stand the idea of someone else owning that record after it worked so hard to earn it going 0-14 in 1976!

More seriously, the big question is will the Bucs beat the still existing record of 0-26 over two seasons?  At the end of this year the Bucs will be getting close at 0-20 and have the second longest losing streak ever (a dubious distinction, holding the two longest losing streaks along with a Super Bowl victory), but there are a lot of unknowns going into a third season and not winning in the first six games. 

Yasinaks is right when he said that Morris was brought in to make the franchise get younger and finally invest in the future (besides the offensive line, which is Gruden/Allen's creation and fairly young - although losing Sears was a blow).  However he is also correct that if Morris is unable to show any sign of rebuilding then he will be gone at 0-16 in January before the next draft.   [banghead]

Right now, can anyone point to any growth in this season?  I sure don't see it anywhere, besides perhaps Strougher as a surprise at WR.  Any others?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 30, 2009, 12:20:50 PM

Right now, can anyone point to any growth in this season?  I sure don't see it anywhere, besides perhaps Strougher as a surprise at WR.  Any others?

This whole regime rises and falls on Freeman, if Freeman can develop quickly enough to show progress and maybe nip out a few wins that'll be progress.

Other than that I think we've learned that what we had isn't very good or isn't being developed properly.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

AcuraT

Starter

#18 : October 30, 2009, 12:23:32 PM

Right now, can anyone point to any growth in this season?? I sure don't see it anywhere, besides perhaps Strougher as a surprise at WR.? Any others?

This whole regime rises and falls on Freeman, if Freeman can develop quickly enough to show progress and maybe nip out a few wins that'll be progress.

Other than that I think we've learned that what we had isn't very good or isn't being developed properly.

While probably true, it puts an awful lot on a rookie QB that will get no defensive support, and little support fromt the wide outs. I don't know if he has enough to work with to even get close to a win.  But you did answer my question and that is, no growth at all this season so far.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 30, 2009, 12:39:39 PM

And the majority of the reason Freeman wont get much help on the D or WR's is due to the incompetent drafting of Gruden/Allen. 

Draper

Starter

#20 : October 30, 2009, 01:21:17 PM

I love Gruden but hoping for the team to lose so he looks good is stupid.

Where did I say that?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 30, 2009, 01:23:00 PM

Actually, the angrier I get at Jon Gruden for drafting horribly the last few seasons. Heck, the only players doing anything for us are the guys Dom and Rah signed/drafted.

I can't disagree with such a perspective.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 30, 2009, 08:07:09 PM

I forgot what it feels like to see the Bucs win.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 31, 2009, 09:56:00 AM

Dec. 6: @Carolina
Dec. 13: NY Jets
Dec. 20: @Seattle

One or Two of these games will be a win.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 31, 2009, 11:08:04 AM

Actually, the angrier I get at Jon Gruden for drafting horribly the last few seasons. Heck, the only players doing anything for us are the guys Dom and Rah signed/drafted.

I can't disagree with such a perspective.
Ummm- I could - as we have.  Let's just go with the overstatement nature of the comment.  Did the buccs draft well, surely not as well as one would hope, did picks work out - some have, some busted.  Have Rah and Dominick done well - we will know in a couple of years.  Looks good now - we will see if the #1 pick pans out...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

AcuraT

Starter

#25 : November 02, 2009, 01:51:16 PM

Dec. 6: @Carolina
Dec. 13: NY Jets
Dec. 20: @Seattle

One or Two of these games will be a win.

With Carolina now beating a winning team, I think that is probaby off the table considering the Bucs could not even beat them at home.  The Jets are very up and down - the Bucs could have a chance there but it is gonig to depend on which Jets team shows up - I would not bet the farm on that one.  Seattle is on the west coast, where the Bucs just about never win ever in franchise history... that one is out.

Maybe the Jets game at home is the best chance.... but even that is anything but for sure.  It really does depend if Freeman can get others motivated to play better.... not a sure thing in itself.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 02, 2009, 03:01:00 PM

And the majority of the reason Freeman wont get much help on the D or WR's is due to the incompetent drafting of Gruden/Allen. 
They may have drafted him...but they didn't give Michael Clayton that extension.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Bucs are very capable of going 0-16 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools