Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy: Tebow will be a great NFL QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: October 30, 2009, 11:49:13 AM

"As a coach, I always like winners," Dungy said. "Tim Tebow doesn't have the classic throwing motion, he doesn't have the accuracy, maybe, right now that some people are looking for, but I think when he gets into a pro system that really stresses throwing the ball accurately, the big thing is he makes the people around him better. And he's won. ... I think he's going to be a great player in the NFL."

Dungy said that if he were running a team with a Top 10 pick, he'd take Tebow. Patrick then asked Dungy who he'd pick for his team if he could have any of the top college quarterbacks, including Washington's Jake Locker, Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Texas's Colt McCoy. Dungy didn't hesitate and said, "I'm taking Tebow."

One of the knocks on Tebow is that during his stellar career in Florida's spread offense, he's never been asked to make the kinds of throws that quarterbacks in prototypical NFL offenses have to make. But Dungy said a good coach can take advantage of Tebow's strengths.

"Is it ever going to be Peyton Manning-ish? Maybe not," Dungy said of Tebow's throwing motion. "But I just think what you can do with him, the problems he creates for a defense, the combination of leadership and what he's shown, if I have him, defenses have to prepare for a totally different offense. ... He's going to give teams the most headaches getting ready for him."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/30/tony-dungy-tim-tebow-will-be-a-great-nfl-quarterback/

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 30, 2009, 11:50:26 AM

I beg to differ. I just don't think his play style fits the NFL.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 30, 2009, 11:52:52 AM

Who gives a crap what Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden, and Bill Belichick says about that player?  Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay know a helluva lot more than those rubes.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 30, 2009, 12:12:08 PM

And we all know how well Dungy knows offense  ::)

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 30, 2009, 12:13:28 PM

Definately trust the draft guys over any politically correct coach.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 30, 2009, 12:14:37 PM

I said it before, and I'll say it again.  Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL Quarterback is an idiot.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 30, 2009, 12:16:50 PM

Definately trust the draft guys over any politically correct coach.

Why, and what was PC about what Dungy said?  He was given five options and picked one guy, I don't see the political correctness.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 30, 2009, 12:18:06 PM

Not sold on Tebow. He can't play an option offense in the NFL.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Madman

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 30, 2009, 12:18:54 PM

I said it before, and I'll say it again.  Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL Quarterback is an idiot.

Yeah, you obviously know more about QBs than that idiot Tony Dungy.   ::)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 30, 2009, 12:18:58 PM

"Tim Tebow doesn't have the classic throwing motion, he doesn't have the accuracy"

Yeah bad things to be trying to correct at the pro level.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 30, 2009, 12:29:34 PM

Yeah, you obviously know more about QBs than that idiot Tony Dungy.   ::)

Pretty much.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 30, 2009, 12:42:13 PM

Something else Dungy said (heard him this morning) - he said that in 1999 he had Donovan McNabb rated last out of that entire QB group.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 30, 2009, 12:46:37 PM

I would be shocked if Tebow was even an average QB in the NFL. Like others have said, his game just doesn't translate to the NFL.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 30, 2009, 12:48:45 PM

I think his success will all depend on where he goes. If he goes to a team that wants to rebuild everything with him as the foundation (Rams, Cleveland, Tampa, Jax etc.), he will fail. But if he goes to a team that already has a good foundation and where he isn't expected to be the "savior" but just learn the game and take over when it's time (like NE, Indy, Miami, Minny) then I think he'll do fine.

Also, a seasoned established coaching staff is imperative for him to succeed, if he goes to a team with a new staff he is in trouble.

Regardless of the Hype, it is a team sport and Tebow is just a guy.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 30, 2009, 12:52:53 PM

I think his success will all depend on where he goes. If he goes to a team that wants to rebuild everything with him as the foundation (Rams, Cleveland, Tampa, Jax etc.), he will fail. But if he goes to a team that already has a good foundation and where he isn't expected to be the "savior" but just learn the game and take over when it's time (like NE, Indy, Miami, Minny) then I think he'll do fine.

Also, a seasoned established coaching staff is imperative for him to succeed, if he goes to a team with a new staff he is in trouble.

Regardless of the Hype, it is a team sport and Tebow is just a guy.

I would be shocked if established, winning teams wasted a draft pick on Tim Tebow.  There is a reason the winners are winners and the loser are losers.  It all boils down to decision making.  The good teams won't touch him (at least not as a QB).

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy: Tebow will be a great NFL QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools