Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy: Tebow will be a great NFL QB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#135 : November 02, 2009, 12:40:15 PM

I agree. The right coach will smooth out Tim's flaws like holding the football below his waist and behind him before throwing....however, just in case some of you havn't been watching....have you seen Tim taking snaps under center lately? That is to avoid him getting sacked so much. Did you see how well he did it?

Just askin'.....ya know?

The big windup-throwing motion was a problem last year, and UF's coaches worked on changing that. He doesn't do it all the time, but when he gets pressured or has to move he falls back into those bad habits. That is and will be a problem.

First, because of his mechanics, he won't start for any team right away.  Which means he'll get less than 50% of the snaps in practice.  Now, if his college coaches weren't able to improve his mechanics working with him as a full time starter, what are the odds that an NFL coach can do it part time? 

#136 : November 02, 2009, 01:10:17 PM

Would I draft Tim Tebow with a top 5 pick....No
However if you are a team who might run a wildcat offense and/or not 100% sold on your QB and he is there mid-late 2nd
He would be a steal here. Pat White was drafted here last year worst case senerio he cannot be a worse pick than he was for Miami and might push your starter and be a solid back up

This coming from a Gator fan

I agree with some of you it is risky to draft the kid high because the bust bar on him is high. However to those who think the kid is incapable of being a "servicable" NFL QB really are off

He has a good deep ball and one of the most accurate passers in CFB

#137 : November 02, 2009, 01:19:38 PM

=

Same college team, same exact personality, similar playing styles, both Heisman trophy winners..............same results in the NFL.

Just like

=

Same college team, won national titles, teammate always won the heisman I bet??

This is the same thinking that made us pass on the ROY this year

the gator haters will still not realize this guy was the best player in the draft...even when they guy puts up some gawdy numbers. Hey because we all know Josh Freeman is the MAN!!

Dash Riprock

Starter

#138 : November 02, 2009, 01:24:57 PM

Karen calling out Chrispy, Now thats funny

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#139 : November 02, 2009, 08:35:15 PM

I agree. The right coach will smooth out Tim's flaws like holding the football below his waist and behind him before throwing....however, just in case some of you havn't been watching....have you seen Tim taking snaps under center lately? That is to avoid him getting sacked so much. Did you see how well he did it?

Just askin'.....ya know?

The big windup-throwing motion was a problem last year, and UF's coaches worked on changing that. He doesn't do it all the time, but when he gets pressured or has to move he falls back into those bad habits. That is and will be a problem.

First, because of his mechanics, he won't start for any team right away.  Which means he'll get less than 50% of the snaps in practice.  Now, if his college coaches weren't able to improve his mechanics working with him as a full time starter, what are the odds that an NFL coach can do it part time? 

The difference is that he currently isn't being coached to be a pro QB. He's being coached to be effective in the Urban Meyer system. He has the reputation of being a hard worker which is good although that doesn't always equate to success. Some guys are hard workers who just can't pick up whatever lesson is being taught no matter what the sport. So, until the time comes, we really don't know what the end result will be.

One problem with evaluating Tebow is that he doesn't play in a Pro System almost at all. I tend to watch college games more to see how guys will do in the pros. When Tebow runs 18 times a game, while it's effective and keeps fans of the Gators happy, I end up shrugging my shoulders because it's almost completely unapplicable to the next level. Even some of the passing game Meyer uses would never be seen in the pros.

To me, Tebow looks more hesitant and has poorer footwork than he showed last year when I thought he was progressing. The slow windup is back and while he'll make the occasional sharp throw, his passes often float and are off target enough that you can say that even some completions probably wouldn't be in the pros because of tighter coverage.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Randy1010

Starter

#140 : November 02, 2009, 09:05:32 PM

Who?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#141 : November 02, 2009, 10:31:11 PM

Hey at least I came clean now it's Randy's errrrr - I mean her turn to fess up.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy: Tebow will be a great NFL QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools