Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy: Tebow will be a great NFL QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 30, 2009, 12:57:55 PM

Dungy's become nothing more than a shill.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#16 : October 30, 2009, 01:09:15 PM

I have quoted before and I will quote again!!!

Anyone who thinks Tebow is a waste of a pick is the dumbest talent evaluator I have ever met......just because some of you dont like Florida is no reason for you to sit here and say Tebow will not be the best addition for us....can anyone name a single player in the draft or on our roster that has the attitude, and leadership that he has?

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 30, 2009, 01:10:42 PM

Anyone who thinks Tebow is a waste of a pick is the dumbest talent evaluator I have ever met......just because some of you dont like Florida is no reason for you to sit here and say Tebow will not be the best addition for us....can anyone name a single player in the draft or on our roster that has the attitude, and leadership that he has?

A lot, now ask about talent and his value drops like a rock.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Draper

Starter

#18 : October 30, 2009, 01:13:29 PM

can anyone name a single player in the draft or on our roster that has the attitude, and leadership that he has?

with what certainty can you say this?

are you in every huddle in college football?

typical Tebow apologist. If everything else fails cite his leadership. LMAO!!!!!!!!!

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 30, 2009, 01:17:31 PM

I have quoted before and I will quote again!!!

Funny how only Florida fans think Tebow would be a good pick at QB for an NFL team.  Homer much?  My assesment of Tebow has nothing to do with my hatred for UF.  I wanted Percy Harvin BAD.  I'd take Brandon Spikes in a heartbeat.  Tebow just isn't NFL material.  Anyone who thinks otherwise has no clue how the game is played at the Pro Level, obviously.

And to answer the "leadership" mantra, Vince Young and Bryron Leftwich also had "great leadership skills".  It takes more than that to play QB at the Pro Level.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#20 : October 30, 2009, 01:21:56 PM

I cannot believe the Tebow discussions. It's not about Homerism. It's not about hatred. It's about the facts. By the way, ol' Timmy ain't looking so hot this season is he? Don't give me the stats, I don't care. I've watched the Gators 4 times this year and they've struggled way more on offense than last year and some of that is on Tebow. I love the guy's attitude and his fire, no question, but I really would be shocked if  he  was taken as a true QB in the draft and not just a 'wildcat" or other type addition.

Draper

Starter

#21 : October 30, 2009, 01:24:32 PM

Those "broken-down-plays-rushes-for-a-first" from Tebow will turn into a massacre at the NFL level.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 30, 2009, 01:25:43 PM

I cannot believe the Tebow discussions. It's not about Homerism. It's not about hatred. It's about the facts. By the way, ol' Timmy ain't looking so hot this season is he? Don't give me the stats, I don't care. I've watched the Gators 4 times this year and they've struggled way more on offense than last year and some of that is on Tebow. I love the guy's attitude and his fire, no question, but I really would be shocked if he was taken as a true QB in the draft and not just a 'wildcat" or other type addition.

Well said.  To highlight the point, I am a big Longhorn fan.  But I don't think McCoy would be a great NFL QB either.   Sam Bradford is probably the only QB in the top 3 that I'd consider drafting, honestly.  And I HATE OU.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 30, 2009, 01:40:23 PM

Dungy didn't hesitate and said, "I'm taking Tebow."

When it comes to NFL offense, Dungy didn't hesitate and said, "I'm taking Mike Shula".

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 30, 2009, 01:44:02 PM

Dungy didn't hesitate and said, "I'm taking Tebow."

When it comes to NFL offense, Dungy didn't hesitate and said, "I'm taking Mike Shula".

Dungy also drafted Shaun King, Jaquez Green, Ridell Anthony...feel free to throw in your own, lol!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 30, 2009, 01:44:41 PM

Dungy also drafted Shaun King, Jaquez Green, Ridell Anthony...feel free to throw in your own, lol!

No he didn't.

john.matincheck

Starter

#26 : October 30, 2009, 01:59:18 PM

I wouldn't trust Dungy's opinion of Teabow simply because I think his opinion is influenced too much by their shared religious beliefs.

watson

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 30, 2009, 02:03:08 PM

You guys are all in the wrong business.  I'm reading statements like "anyone that thinks Tim Tebow will be a good NFL QB doesn't know anything about the pro game" from the posters in this thread.  You guys must have great resumes where you've played, scouted, worked in personnel or coached at the NFL level since you are saying just the opposite of what a Super Bowl winning coach is saying.  If that is the case, it makes you wonder if coach Dungy knows what he is doing and the Colts won a Super Bowl inspite of him?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Draper

Starter

#28 : October 31, 2009, 09:16:04 AM

I hated Tesus as a prospect before I learned of his religion. It just doesn't translate to the NFL. :)

I found out that Sam Bradford worships Bale...............that is a good fit for the NFL....with the Sacrificing of Virgins and orgeys.......He would be my top pick YAA............(Your An A$$)

It is spelled "you're".

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 30, 2009, 02:05:35 PM

You guys are all in the wrong business.  I'm reading statements like "anyone that thinks Tim Tebow will be a good NFL QB doesn't know anything about the pro game" from the posters in this thread.  You guys must have great resumes where you've played, scouted, worked in personnel or coached at the NFL level since you are saying just the opposite of what a Super Bowl winning coach is saying.  If that is the case, it makes you wonder if coach Dungy knows what he is doing and the Colts won a Super Bowl inspite of him?

I think I will trust the scouts on this one.

You know what though?  Tebow's draft status may hinge on what Vince Young does the rest of the year because right now scouts are down on Tebow's value at the Pro level.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy: Tebow will be a great NFL QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools