Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy: Tebow will be a great NFL QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Draper

Starter

#30 : October 30, 2009, 02:05:53 PM

Gruden and Dungy both touting Tebow.

What do they both have in common?

1. They're out of football.
2. They've been fired in football.
3. They both won superbowls because of someone else.

watson

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 30, 2009, 02:07:56 PM

You guys are all in the wrong business. �I'm reading statements like "anyone that thinks Tim Tebow will be a good NFL QB doesn't know anything about the pro game" from the posters in this thread. �You guys must have great resumes where you've played, scouted, worked in personnel or coached at the NFL level since you are saying just the opposite of what a Super Bowl winning coach is saying. �If that is the case, it makes you wonder if coach Dungy knows what he is doing and the Colts won a Super Bowl inspite of him?

I think I will trust the scouts on this one.

You know what though? Tebow's draft status may hinge on what Vince Young does the rest of the year because right now scouts are down on Tebow's value at the Pro level.

What scouts?  Mel Kiper?  Todd McShay?  I've not heard any of the NFL team scouts say anything about Tebow.  They may have, but I've not heard it or read it anywhere.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 30, 2009, 02:11:18 PM

Some scouts have been re-evaluating if they graded Vince Young incorrectly coming out of college to the Pros which is why Tebow is in the conservation.  His play style and circumstances are nearly indentical to Young's coming out which is why some teams will be gun shy on draft day.

I do not think there are many teams in the NFL that would take Tebow in the first, but probably Jax would do it to bring in people as hinted by ownership.

Draper

Starter

#33 : October 30, 2009, 02:13:08 PM

Only Tebow isn't nearly as athletic as Young.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 30, 2009, 02:30:32 PM

I cannot believe the Tebow discussions. It's not about Homerism. It's not about hatred. It's about the facts. By the way, ol' Timmy ain't looking so hot this season is he? Don't give me the stats, I don't care. I've watched the Gators 4 times this year and they've struggled way more on offense than last year and some of that is on Tebow. I love the guy's attitude and his fire, no question, but I really would be shocked if he was taken as a true QB in the draft and not just a 'wildcat" or other type addition.

Frankly, what makes Tebow so fascinating to people is that he represents the hybrid of the Wildcat, Pro Set, and Spread QB. Each of those formations exists, in some balance, in most NFL playbooks.

He'll probably fail, but he has the chance to succeed in spectacular fashion if everything goes right.

STERN11354

Starter

#35 : October 30, 2009, 02:43:45 PM

Lets see how Tebow does at the Senior Bowl and at the NFL Combine.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 30, 2009, 02:44:24 PM

I have a feeling a year or so from now.....threads like this will be bumped like crazy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 30, 2009, 02:45:31 PM

And Belichick?

Madman

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 30, 2009, 02:46:49 PM

This HAS to be one of the most debated topics in message board history.

We need to start a TEBOW: FOR THE RECORD thread before next season.

Draper

Starter

#39 : October 30, 2009, 02:47:09 PM

And Belichick?

In football, won with his players.

12thbuc

Starter

#40 : October 30, 2009, 02:53:32 PM

who did Gruden win a superbowl off of???????????Who did Dungy win a superbowl off off???????????

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

Draper

Starter

#41 : October 30, 2009, 03:48:43 PM

gruden won it with a defense he didnt build and dungy needed the best QB of all time who he didn't draft.

Stratobuc

Starter
#42 : October 30, 2009, 04:07:10 PM

Dungy had that defense here for several years before he got fired. He didn't win any Superbowls with it - he couldn't score touchdowns in Philthadelphia with it either.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#43 : October 30, 2009, 04:29:41 PM

I dont know about Tebow, but I think its funny our past two HC are raving about him.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#44 : October 30, 2009, 04:31:20 PM

Lets see how Tebow does at the Senior Bowl and at the NFL Combine.

I am really looking forward to see how well he does in this setting.  He's struggled this season for various reasons, I think mostly because the receivers dropped WAY off from last year.  The LSU game this year really stood out to me because it highlighted that he will certainly struggle vs. fast defenses.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy: Tebow will be a great NFL QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools