Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Church of Scientology guilty of fraud « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 29, 2009, 11:05:54 AM

Me and my brother drove past the headquarters in Clearwater last night.. I ended up scolding him for defending them, when I made a joke about them.

Are you religious? 

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 29, 2009, 11:15:05 AM

Me and my brother drove past the headquarters in Clearwater last night.. I ended up scolding him for defending them, when I made a joke about them.

Are you religious? 

I believe in god and the paranormal.. But don't associate myself with the religions...

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 29, 2009, 11:38:47 AM

The words cult and sect are accurate to describe religious traditions (especially a modern religious tradition like Scientology). Only in recent memory those words are associated with negative connotations.

There are many Christians sects in Christianity, and it is started off as a small cult. 

Science is a belief system using a series of logical building blocks while reglious traditions use a series of beliefs as cornerstones.  And then there is philosophy which is right in the middle with some logical buidling blocks, but also core beliefs.  Which is why Confucianism and Taoism are sometimes considered not just from a religious perspective, but also from a philosophical perspective.  These two traditions do not really have answers for the after life that most other religious traditions do, but do offer assistance for the now like science.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 29, 2009, 12:32:41 PM

Are you religious? 

I bet one week of walking in the footsteps of OUR DIVINE PROFIT and he would be.

Walking that path will lead to 3 choices:

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 29, 2009, 12:36:38 PM

Are you religious? 

I bet one week of walking in the footsteps of OUR DIVINE PROFIT and he would be.

Walking that path will lead to 3 choices:

Step right up and pick a path.  A winner everytime!

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 29, 2009, 09:57:29 PM

Are you religious?

I believe in god and the paranormal.. But don't associate myself with the religions...

Same here, but alot of people think that if you decide to believe in God and the afterlife that you'll be required to tote around a bible and be in church every Sunday(which is totally wrong).

Draper

Starter

#36 : October 29, 2009, 10:02:18 PM

Hoping Freeman Got That Mojo wins.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 29, 2009, 10:09:04 PM

Hoping Freeman Got That Mojo wins.

Huuuuh? Dude are you actually guzzling that Jack Daniels in Kyle Orton's hands because that makes no sense.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 29, 2009, 10:56:36 PM

Let's say there is an afterlife called Heaven & Hell and one is total paradise and the other is your worst torturous nightmare played over and over(because not one of us know for sure 100%); a bunch of you all are going to be totally screwed with no turning back and you'll deserve what you get. [/color]

And so, possibly, will a bunch you (I'm assuming you're Christian) ...

Draper

Starter

#39 : October 29, 2009, 10:58:44 PM

O.S....have you heard of pascal's wager?

God knows if you're choosing to believe for the insurance policy...you'll go to hell.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 29, 2009, 11:39:41 PM

God knows if you're choosing to believe for the insurance policy...you'll go to hell.

Ohhhh ok makes sense now.

Draper

Starter

#41 : October 30, 2009, 12:17:45 AM

Ohhhh ok makes sense now.

btw, I'm not trying to be the authority on the matter but that is just what I read and what I've learned in discussions with Christians.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 30, 2009, 09:40:18 AM

So all those flocks who listened when their fire and brimstone preachers told them to believe or go to Hell will be going there anyway ....... bummer.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 30, 2009, 03:56:05 PM

So all those flocks who listened when their fire and brimstone preachers told them to believe or go to Hell will be going there anyway

Unless they live in Detroit, in which case they are already there.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 30, 2009, 03:56:56 PM

Or Cleveland.  Or is Cleveland Purgatory?
So all those flocks who listened when their fire and brimstone preachers told them to believe or go to Hell will be going there anyway

Unless they live in Detroit, in which case they are already there.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Church of Scientology guilty of fraud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools