Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: odd comments from Raheem « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: October 31, 2009, 04:11:30 AM

Curious Comments From Raheem The Dream
October 30th, 2009

Is Raheem the Dream beginning to crack under the pressure of being 0-7 in his first season as Bucs head coach?
The Bucs are taking a four-day weekend thanks to the bye — Joe will write about that in a moment — but Joe noticed some very curious comments from Raheem the Dream.

Joe is trying to figure out who he is calling out.

In a rare admission (?) of guilt or fingerpointing by an NFL head coach, Raheem the Dream claimed he could sense, or is just now realizing, that months ago the Bucs were being shaped into a potential winless season, detailed by Tom Balog of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.

Morris said that this slide into NFL oblivion has been long in coming for the Buccaneers, dating back to the offseason, when their identity as a winless team began to take shape.

”We actually talked about it this morning. Losing doesn’t start, going 0-7 doesn’t start yesterday. It didn’t start at the beginning of the season when we played Dallas,” Morris said. “It started in weight training, it started in OTA days, it started in training camp.

”Everything we’ve done to this point is who we are. These guys are holding up, but we’ve got to do more than hold up. We’re not in here to hold up. Holding up gets you to 0-7. We’re here to fight through, we’re here to power through, we’re here to be our best selves. We’re not about holding up.”

What exactly Morris trying to say?

Is he starting to crack, dropping veiled hints that he’s not getting enough support from high above at One Buc Palace?

Is Raheem the Dream taking a swipe at general manager Mark Dominik?

Is Raheem the Dream admitting that he hired a bunch of louses as assistants?

Or could Raheem the Dream be dropping hints that maybe he’s having second thoughts about even accepting the gig as Bucs head coach?

Raheem the Dream is calling someone out — maybe himself — but Joe can’t quite put a finger on who.

As for the four-day weekend, unless — which is quite possible — there is something written in the NFL’s contract with the NFLPA, all but a handful of these guys should be busting their rear ends off at One Buc Palace if they had any pride.

Sammie Stroughter, have fun back home on the west coast.

Donald Penn, take off for some time in the Bahamas.

Aqib Talib, party hearty anywhere you want, just hire a limo and stay away from cabbies?

Cadillac Williams, do anything you want so long as you rest those knees.

The rest of this winless team — especially your wet-behind-the-ears rookie starting quarterback who is about to make his first start against Dom Capers’ defense  — should be spending 14-hour days at One Buc Palace practicing, lifting and pouring over tape.

Why a winless team is getting a four-day weekend is beyond Joe.

www.joebucsfan.com

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 31, 2009, 06:13:29 AM

Rah Rah has given up.  You're out, Tom.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#2 : October 31, 2009, 07:04:22 AM

How are those strange comments? They seem accurate to me.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Draper

Starter

#3 : October 31, 2009, 07:42:01 AM

Joe has less credibility than Draper. All Joe does is ask questions, he answers nothing, this annoys Draper.

O wait, can Draper not refer to Draper in third person?

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 31, 2009, 07:55:20 AM

Raheem should take that "our best selves" quote he's so fond of and stick it where the sun don't shine. That is one of the most annoying bits of claptrap I've ever heard.

Somebody at OBP should get him a speech coach. Then they can fire him before RM's next PC.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

JM2

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 31, 2009, 10:43:31 AM

I wish people would start including "from joebucsfan.com" in their subject lines so I could avoid clicking into these threads (or better yet, not pollute this board with this crap at all.) "Joe" is a flippin idiot. There is no correlation between Raheem's comment and his assinine conclusions. "Joe's" writing is absolutely horrible. "Joe" should do us all a favor and cancel his internet subscription so he can't post to his own blog.

I just don't get the fascination with this guys blog. Every time I read anything from I have to resist the urge to gouge my eyes out.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 31, 2009, 10:53:28 AM

Joe has less credibility than Draper. All Joe does is ask questions, he answers nothing, this annoys Draper.

O wait, can Draper not refer to Draper in third person?

You have zero credibility.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 31, 2009, 10:56:18 AM

I wish people would start including "from joebucsfan.com" in their subject lines so I could avoid clicking into these threads (or better yet, not pollute this board with this crap at all.) "Joe" is a flippin idiot. There is no correlation between Raheem's comment and his assinine conclusions. "Joe's" writing is absolutely horrible. "Joe" should do us all a favor and cancel his internet subscription so he can't post to his own blog.

I just don't get the fascination with this guys blog. Every time I read anything from I have to resist the urge to gouge my eyes out.

just passing on the news, no need to post if you don't like it.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 31, 2009, 11:08:29 AM

+1  that was funny...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 31, 2009, 11:12:32 AM

+1  that was funny...
Yea - Joe needs to get someone else to write about Joe.  And everyone has now heard about that site and should know how to get there if they are interested in Joe's thoughts.  Too subtle?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 31, 2009, 11:14:17 AM

who the hell is "Joe"?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 31, 2009, 11:16:31 AM

who the hell is "Joe"?
ask warren or ufojoe.  The seem to like the joebucsfan website.  The writing style led me to the aspirin bottle. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 31, 2009, 11:18:12 AM

who the hell is "Joe"?

The better question is who gives a good got dang about Joe and what the freak he thinks?  Please if you're passing it along, fine. But at least give us a disclaimer in the title so those of us who prefer not to be "Joeized" can stay sane....

Hey the Steve White stuff is good...Joe by himself...not so good...actually he sort of sucks....

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JM2

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 31, 2009, 12:40:34 PM

just passing on the news, no need to post if you don't like it.
I'm sorry Warren. I shouldn't have been an ass. I don't think I have ever posted in a JoeBucsfan regurgitation thread before, I could be wrong. I probably won't again unless it is to simply repeat the request for you, and others that like to post Joe's stuff here for discussion, to please include a disclaimer in the subject line. I admit that the subject lines used to pimp his blog are often provocative, and I usually click in to see what's up. I quickly backpedal however, as soon as I realize the source. It's just a waste of time for me, as well as a let down because I thought there might be an interesting discussion.

So I'll just repeat, please, if you think about it when posting a joe thread, include a note about joe in the subject line. Thanks and sorry again for posting while angry.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 31, 2009, 12:52:17 PM

+1 that was funny...
Yea - Joe needs to get someone else to write about Joe. And everyone has now heard about that site and should know how to get there if they are interested in Joe's thoughts. Too subtle?

It is a quick and easy source for bucs information. Joe collects reports from all media outlets. It is not his opinion I am interested in, it is the story itself. If you do not like it you do not have to post in the thread. I am reporting interesting stories, not pushing a website. And yes, I do enjoy Joebucsfan.com.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: odd comments from Raheem « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools