Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs WILL BEAT the Packers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Booker

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 01, 2009, 10:20:02 PM

I'll let you guys know if it is any good. The board I got it from said they were darn good so I figured I would give it a shot. Seeing as to buy a throw back t-shirt would cost me 30

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 01, 2009, 10:22:39 PM

I'll let you guys know if it is any good. The board I got it from said they were darn good so I figured I would give it a shot. Seeing as to buy a throw back t-shirt would cost me 30

I found a throwback t-shirt for $18 at the Sports Fan Attic. Has the old logo and orange lettering. I don't care for it that much, though. It's grey. I really wanted an orange one but all they had in orange was that awful looking faded helmet and some ridiculously overpriced dress shirts.

I'll wait until the end of the season and try to pick up a jersey on sale.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 01, 2009, 10:24:02 PM

I love the optimism and wish I could be there with you... and for all ya'll worried about the top pick. Don't fret!! No one said anything about winning more than this game :) Let's not get outside ourselves here.

There are two Packers teams. There's the offensive team that allows Rodgers to get pressured a little, which he in turn doesn't handle well and takes sacks. That accompanies the defense that itself generates almost no pressure but does to a decent job of stopping the inside run. Then there's the Packers team that shows up against bad competition, i.e. the Brownies and Lions. It's the one that covers up for its bad OL, gives Rodgers time to pick apart a defense, and scores lots of points. It also accompanies the defense that is opportunistic and creates turnovers.

I'm thinking we see the good Packers team this week. If we don't generate pressure -- and there's no reason to believe that light switch is just going to go on -- he'll devastate us. Their running game isn't that strong, so maybe Bates gets it through his think noggin to blitz and generate some pressure. Our offense?? As much as I'd love to see Freeman stop the downward spiral that he's been placed in by everyone despite not playing yet (really), I don't see it. We've historically had a tough time against the 3-4. But, who knows?? Maybe Freeman comes out blazing and we learn how to go vertical vice horizontal? Probably not. This one could get out of hand.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 01, 2009, 10:24:27 PM

what's up with the yellow Sapp jersey?

weird...

Booker

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 01, 2009, 10:25:35 PM

Yeah,the Sapp one looks bad so I stayed away from that.It was only 35 so I figured minus well take the chance and if it is good then ...

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#20 : November 01, 2009, 10:27:45 PM

I give the bucs a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of losing  ::)

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 01, 2009, 10:33:29 PM

I love the optimism and wish I could be there with you... and for all ya'll worried about the top pick. Don't fret!! No one said anything about winning more than this game :) Let's not get outside ourselves here.

There are two Packers teams. There's the offensive team that allows Rodgers to get pressured a little, which he in turn doesn't handle well and takes sacks. That accompanies the defense that itself generates almost no pressure but does to a decent job of stopping the inside run. Then there's the Packers team that shows up against bad competition, i.e. the Brownies and Lions. It's the one that covers up for its bad OL, gives Rodgers time to pick apart a defense, and scores lots of points. It also accompanies the defense that is opportunistic and creates turnovers.

I'm thinking we see the good Packers team this week. If we don't generate pressure -- and there's no reason to believe that light switch is just going to go on -- he'll devastate us. Their running game isn't that strong, so maybe Bates gets it through his think noggin to blitz and generate some pressure. Our offense?? As much as I'd love to see Freeman stop the downward spiral that he's been placed in by everyone despite not playing yet (really), I don't see it. We've historically had a tough time against the 3-4. But, who knows?? Maybe Freeman comes out blazing and we learn how to go vertical vice horizontal? Probably not. This one could get out of hand.

How dare you interrupt our clothing discussion with football talk! J/K

The Packers O-line is horrible. I've been watching Aaron Rogers get killed all season (he's on my fantasy team). If the Bucs don't get 3 or 4 sacks in this one, they never will.

You're right though. They can't allow Rogers time because those three receivers he has (Driver, Jennings, Jones) are superb. Ahman Green isn't the back he used to be but the Bucs make any running back look good.

The good news for Freeman is the Bucs front seven really doesn't apply much pressure (as you saw with Brett today), he should have time to make some reads. The Bucs need to get the running game going badly in this one, keep Rogers and those wide outs off the field as much as possible. Control the clock.

Keep it close and you never know. A couple turnovers and short fields (or d-scores) would help, too.

The Bucs might be catching the Packers in a doughnut game. Tough game against a hated rival, the lowly Bucs on the road, then the big bad Dallas Cowboys. The Bucs may be catching Green Bay on an emotional downer.

Either that or they'll be ticked off as all get out and take out their frustrations on the Bucs...we'll see...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 01, 2009, 10:34:15 PM

I give the bucs a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of losing ::)

Way to go out on a limb there, BucBalla.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 01, 2009, 10:41:50 PM

Did anybody see the linebacker Clay Matthews for the pack today? that guy can play. Very instinctive

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 01, 2009, 10:46:21 PM

Matthews is impressive. I gotta say, I saw Bobby Carpenter in him... hype machine from USC, third LB in a group that got forced into the first round. But, he's a nice athlete, great instincts. Plays smart, too. Bucs OL better communicate or he may get a splash play or two on them.

Jasonofthetower, I had to interrupt because the only tidbit I had to add to the clothing discussion was that I have a throwback Chris Simms jsy!! How sad.

You are right though, maybe we get them in a valley game, and you're also right that they have serious flaws. You never know...

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 01, 2009, 10:48:05 PM

Carpenter is from Ohio State.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#26 : November 01, 2009, 10:50:53 PM

I give the bucs a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of losing ::)

Way to go out on a limb there, BucBalla.

Hey, you gotta take risks in life. :)

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 01, 2009, 10:57:33 PM

I already said they will beat GB in two other threads, and that unstoppable awesome defense of the Packers got SMOKED today at home so they will probably come in here doubting themselves just a little.  ;)

buccnation

Starter
#28 : November 02, 2009, 12:03:18 AM

Those jerseys are legit. Trust me i ordered an alstott and 4 nba jerseys from that site and they are legit. Great deal!

Lovin the Lovie

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 02, 2009, 12:08:22 AM

Go Bucs end this damn losing streak.

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs WILL BEAT the Packers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools