Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my most frustrating f/football season ever « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hate

Hall of Famer
: November 04, 2009, 09:44:26 PM

I'm the 2nd high scorer in a 20 team $$ league and my record is 2-6. Every week, without fail, my opponent has had their BEST week of the season..... only to lay down the following week.

Un-freakin-believable!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JC510

Practice Squad

#1 : November 05, 2009, 01:45:55 PM

I think starting next year you'll see settings where you don't play a specific team each week, rather the top half of the league gets a W and the bottom half gets an L.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 05, 2009, 06:14:28 PM

I think starting next year you'll see settings where you don't play a specific team each week, rather the top half of the league gets a W and the bottom half gets an L.

lame

JC510

Practice Squad

#3 : November 05, 2009, 10:04:30 PM

lame

So you think it's fair for a team to score 110 and lose and another team score 80 and win?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 05, 2009, 10:39:39 PM

yes, it's part of the game

burger40

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 06, 2009, 02:03:11 AM

a guy in my league was winless for 5 weeks, he had the 7th best scoring total out of 10th which isn't atrocious but his oppenents after 5 games his opponents total points were 60 points more than the next person. and it isn't like he can control it.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 06, 2009, 10:14:30 AM

agreed.... but, frustrating as hell!!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 06, 2009, 11:01:28 AM

agreed.... but, frustrating as hell!!!

no doubt

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 06, 2009, 10:10:49 PM

I love the straight up points leagues...

The guy who scores the most points wins the league, period!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#9 : November 07, 2009, 03:43:16 PM

I wouldn't join a league where it wasn't head to head...

There is no fun if you don't have individual match ups every week.

I agree though, I hate it when my team is leading in scoring yet is 4-4. Annoying as hell.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 07, 2009, 03:52:09 PM

I agree though, I hate it when my team is leading in scoring yet is 4-4. Annoying as hell.

exactly, the overall points thing is plan lame .... maybe the NFL should try this method because it isn't fair that a crap team like the Lions beat a crap team like the Rams 6-3 while a good team like the Eagles lose to the Saints 38-35.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 07, 2009, 06:32:43 PM

Agreed. I wouldn't play in any other format.... though right now, i'm very frustrated.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 12, 2009, 12:08:47 AM

I had a year like that the one before last.   Very frustrating.    I've been doing good the past two years though.   I won my league last season and so far this year I am 8-1 and lead the league in points by over 200.   Thank God for Brees and Chris Johnson.   

DailyRich68

Starter
#13 : November 13, 2009, 03:54:14 PM

I'm in the same boat -- 2nd most points scored but have had the most points scored against me.  Luckily I'm 5-4 right now, but it sure is aggravating putting up a big score and watching my opponent best me by double figures.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 15, 2009, 04:49:35 AM

Hate I can't speak for anyone else,but for you sir it all started when you draft a certain Bucs RB! Don't shoot da messenger!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my most frustrating f/football season ever « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools