Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen a magician « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

watson

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 18, 2006, 08:25:08 AM

I just hope that everyone....or at least a certain group of folks on this site....doesn't get a case of "revisionist history" disease if (and that is a an IF as big as McFat's butt) McFat goes to Indy and starts being the DT that he was projected to be when he was drafted.  If that happens everyone goes all gaga over him and starts crucifying BA, JG and MK for trading him and how they "don't know what the hell they are doing"...blah blah blah blah. 

I don't see the great improvement in his play happening, but if it does, I can already hear all the whining.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 18, 2006, 08:35:37 AM

4bucs - good to see you here.  Good to see you r happy about the loss Booger, and we will have to see about Walker.

Good to see we have a player as good or better than Walker to fill his spot - oh - wait - we don't know that for sure.  Good to see we have a player as good or better than Booger - we do know that about Wymns.  Suspect that is why Booger is gone (that and the insane contract given to him). 

You don't have to call folks apologists/bleeding hearts.  Just folks like me who wanted a player to be out performed by a back up prior to being jettisioned off the team. 

Happy, nope.  Hoping Trueblood continues to improve, hoping Wyms stays healthy and can fill the role, hoping the backups for both can step in if needed. 

Hopeful, not happy my friend.  I like that the team decided Booger was ready to go elsewhere, keeping my fingers crossed on RT. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 18, 2006, 08:42:03 AM

Even if Booger decides to turn on the light he is up there in age, injury prone and has a high cap value.  Either way I would not be swayed as the Bucs need to bring in some young players along the D-line.

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#18 : October 18, 2006, 08:50:38 AM

Individual player success is often closely tied to the system the team runs.  Sometimes changing teams will also provide motivation that was lacking.  Booger *may* do well in a new environment.  This has the makings of a winner for both the Bucs and the Colts.

TBayJJ

Second String

#19 : October 18, 2006, 01:46:10 PM

not even that our salary is no question anymore, Here is his qoute “We are comfortable this year and next year,” said Allen. “All the salary cap issues are out the window.” Thats sweet. I am gald we got him. Now we can go get some big name players, to bring the Bucs back to where they belong The Superbowl Baby. Chucky & Allen have my support.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 18, 2006, 01:57:17 PM

I wonder what Gary Shelton will write about now.

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 18, 2006, 02:28:08 PM

4bucs - good to see you here.  Good to see you r happy about the loss Booger, and we will have to see about Walker.

Good to see we have a player as good or better than Walker to fill his spot - oh - wait - we don't know that for sure. Good to see we have a player as good or better than Booger - we do know that about Wymns.  Suspect that is why Booger is gone (that and the insane contract given to him). 

You don't have to call folks apologists/bleeding hearts.  Just folks like me who wanted a player to be out performed by a back up prior to being jettisioned off the team. 

Happy, nope.  Hoping Trueblood continues to improve, hoping Wyms stays healthy and can fill the role, hoping the backups for both can step in if needed. 

Hopeful, not happy my friend.  I like that the team decided Booger was ready to go elsewhere, keeping my fingers crossed on RT. 
I think we're pretty close to sure if we're not already there.  We actually ran right this week.  No noticeable dropoff on pass pro.  With a guy in his second start, you can assume at least a minimal improvement, and since they're about = now, I'd say no doubt here.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#22 : October 18, 2006, 03:04:39 PM

Well, now with McFarland and soon Yatta gone, it seems like the land of the underachieving is almost gone.  I say almost.  We still have Jermaine Phillips and Clayton just got out of his slump, he could fall back into it.

On topic now.  I always liked Allen as the GM.  Except when he came in and was trying to win right away with getting Garner, Deese, and others.  Those were mistakes.  I really like the moves we made yesterday and they could help us both this season, and the longterm

simms22

Second String

#23 : October 18, 2006, 04:04:58 PM

does anyone but me think that rice is very expendable? 7 million dollars next season for a guy who sucks against the run, is getting older, and isnt even getting to the qb. Plus the fact that he seems to turn it on when he wants to. Id rather use that money to go get a freeney or someone of that nature, or use our high pick on a DE and use rice's money to make some serious moves.

#24 : October 18, 2006, 04:06:04 PM

does anyone but me think that rice is very expendable? 7 million dollars next season for a guy who sucks against the run, is getting older, and isnt even getting to the qb. Plus the fact that he seems to turn it on when he wants to. Id rather use that money to go get a freeney or someone of that nature, or use our high pick on a DE and use rice's money to make some serious moves.

I agree that he's expendable.  Right now, his value in trade is near nothing, though, becuase his contract outweighs his performance by so much.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 18, 2006, 04:06:23 PM

You and Abucss should get a room.  ;)

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 18, 2006, 04:06:30 PM

Rice becomes expendable once he is replaced.  Until that time comes he stays in my very honest opinion.  Then again I am a crazy so what do I know?  :D

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 18, 2006, 04:08:12 PM

Rice becomes expendable once he is replaced. Until that time comes he stays in my very honest opinion. Then again I am a crazy so what do I know? :D

I'm on that crazy train with you, ADW.

simms22

Second String

#28 : October 18, 2006, 04:15:35 PM

You and Abucss should get a room.  ;)
lol ok? Lets pay someone 7 million dollars to be an occasional pass rusher that is getting old, makes a whole bunch of sense. Rice makes more than clayton, cadillac, grads, and barber combined.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 18, 2006, 04:20:07 PM

lol ok? Lets pay someone 7 million dollars to be an occasional pass rusher that is getting old, makes a whole bunch of sense. Rice makes more than clayton, cadillac, grads, and barber combined.

Rice is the greatest DE ever to play the game, and he is the best D player in the NFL today.  I know this to be true because I heard it from Simeon's lips.   ;D

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen a magician « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools