Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen a magician « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

simms22

Second String

#30 : October 18, 2006, 04:22:45 PM

Rice is the greatest DE ever to play the game, and he is the best D player in the NFL today. I know this to be true because I heard it from Simeon's lips. ;D

lol most years when he says that stuff its easy to swallow because he usually has a pretty good year, but i just feel like if we can get someone adequate to replace him and get some kind of pick for him it would be worth it. Brooks has taken a pay cut, and so has barber. I dont see how simeon is on this team next year due to make over 7 mill if he doesnt restructure.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 18, 2006, 04:25:50 PM

lol most years when he says that stuff its easy to swallow because he usually has a pretty good year, but i just feel like if we can get someone adequate to replace him and get some kind of pick for him it would be worth it. Brooks has taken a pay cut, and so has barber. I dont see how simeon is on this team next year due to make over 7 mill if he doesnt restructure.

Rice is here this year because cutting him only saved a very small amount because of his unassigned singing bonus.  I think they can make a significant saving by cutting or trading him before next season.

coopsxx

Starter
#32 : October 18, 2006, 04:26:19 PM

Yeh i'll join you in the nut house.

are all these people who say Rice sucks against the run, the same guys who are hoping we can get Freeney??

#33 : October 18, 2006, 04:27:45 PM

Rice is the greatest DE ever to play the game, and he is the best D player in the NFL today.  I know this to be true because I heard it from Simeon's lips.   ;D

I that WTF he was saying?  Geeez, it went right over my head, n'aigh'mean?

We need to add "n'aigh'mean" to the dictionary.

simms22

Second String

#34 : October 18, 2006, 04:29:54 PM

Rice is here this year because cutting him only saved a very small amount because of his unassigned singing bonus. I think they can make a significant saving by cutting or trading him before next season.
thats what im saying, before going into this year i wanted him on the team because he was still productive last year. But after looking at the cap relief he can save us going into next season, the possible compensation we might be able to get for him( even a 3rd pick would be nice), and a decline in production the writing seems to be on the wall.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 18, 2006, 04:32:29 PM

thats what im saying, before going into this year i wanted him on the team because he was still productive last year. But after looking at the cap relief he can save us going into next season, the possible compensation we might be able to get for him( even a 3rd pick would be nice), and a decline in production the writing seems to be on the wall.

It will be tough getting anyone to take his $7.25 million salary for 2007 based on his current production.   I can see them just cutting him after June 1st unless he re-structures, which is unlikely.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#36 : October 18, 2006, 04:45:30 PM

but i just feel like if we can get someone adequate to replace him and get some kind of pick for him it would be worth it.

Adequate? Dude, he's 13 all time in sack and 2nd among active players. He's #1 among active players for sacks per year. Go ahead and find someone with that kind of resume and then we can talk about canning him

simms22

Second String

#37 : October 18, 2006, 05:08:57 PM

Adequate? Dude, he's 13 all time in sack and 2nd among active players. He's #1 among active players for sacks per year. Go ahead and find someone with that kind of resume and then we can talk about canning him
So whats your point? He is declining and is due to make more than anyone on our team next year. He is terrible against the run, and his numbers this year havent been anything worth noting. So i guess we should bring back sapp because he was one of the best DT pass rushers of his time? This team is building for the future, and a guy who is due 7 million, is getting old, and might produce 8 sacks this year is absurd. This year there have been many more effective pass rushers than simeon who make less than half of what he makes.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#38 : October 18, 2006, 05:10:52 PM

My point is he's good at what he does and until you have someone who can do what he does it would be foolish to get rid of him.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 18, 2006, 05:15:38 PM

I thought it was Rich McKay that drafted those two guys after the SB year.

simms22

Second String

#40 : October 18, 2006, 05:16:41 PM

My point is he's good at what he does and until you have someone who can do what he does it would be foolish to get rid of him.
I agree that we would definitely need to find someone before letting him go, but for the amount hes making im sure we could find someone young who might not have the credentials of simeon, but could grow into a good solid player and use the rest of the money elsewhere. A couple years ago he said he was as fast as vick, and i believed him alittle after the falcons  played the bucs played that year. After watching this years game against the falcons, it was obvious that vick was running around simeon with ease. Hes getting older, and while hes still a better DE in the league, his skills are only diminishing.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#41 : October 18, 2006, 05:21:29 PM

I was worried when he started out  but he has been pretty damn good since then. Its great to have a GM who wants to rebuild and doesnt look for every opportunity to bring in a retread because he has name recognition.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 18, 2006, 06:20:59 PM

wish I could turn a pile of sh!t to Gold too!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen a magician « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools