Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR Repackaging Stories « previous next »
Page: 1

buckit

Hall of Famer

: October 17, 2006, 05:23:27 PM

I just logged on and was excited to see an article about the Bucs newest signing.  Then I noticed that it was simply article from PFT.com repackaged.  WTF?  It's bad enough not to write your own copy, but to peddle copy from that fish wrap?   ???

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

#1 : October 17, 2006, 05:40:22 PM

PFT is hardly a fishwrap...considering they broke loads of stories and aren't..you know a newspaper...but w/e

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 17, 2006, 05:51:59 PM

Buck It - Considering they broke the Buchanon story – not us or anyone else in Tampa – we had to attribute it to them. That's a professional courtesy that the newspapers don't do often enough, especially when PewterReport.com breaks a story and it doesn't get attributed in the papers.

As for the story, PFT.com didn't even mention the punt return angle, which is really the reason why the Bucs signed him – to return punts and possibly kicks. That's what we reported. I wouldn't consider that repackaging.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 17, 2006, 06:08:49 PM

Ah, got it.  My mistake.  I thought the entire write up was theirs.  And forgive me, Mr D'Ray, but PFT is garbage.  They have a long standing reputation of being an unreliable, rumor mill and gossip rag. 

I guess the PR folks read the Red Board after all...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

#4 : October 17, 2006, 06:40:43 PM

Ah, got it.  My mistake.  I thought the entire write up was theirs.  And forgive me, Mr D'Ray, but PFT is garbage.  They have a long standing reputation of being an unreliable, rumor mill and gossip rag. 

I guess the PR folks read the Red Board after all...
to each his own, but they have broke quite a few stories in the past

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 17, 2006, 07:22:26 PM

No problem, Buck It.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR Repackaging Stories « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools