Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: extra 2nd rounder allows us mobility in draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 17, 2006, 05:44:13 PM

I can't see the Colts parting ways with Freeney. He is the Colts defense.

I don't think they can make him stay, he reach incentives that voided his contract.  The only way they can make him stay is by offering him a bog longterm deal, and he can still try FA.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 17, 2006, 05:45:51 PM

I don't think they can make him stay, he reach incentives that voided his contract.  The only way they can make him stay is by offering him a bog longterm deal, and he can still try FA.

I just think Polian will pull every string to keep him in Indy. That's just my opinion.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 17, 2006, 05:48:45 PM

I just think Polian will pull every string to keep him in Indy. That's just my opinion.

I don't doubt that it's going to be priority #1 for the team.  It just may be hard for them to pull off.   They have a lot of cash sunk into some *really* expensive players.  Personally, I expect them to find a way, but it's not inconceivable that he could wind up following in Edge's footsteps.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 17, 2006, 05:48:52 PM

Who's the stud center coming out of the draft next year?????

His name is Young but I forget what school he plays for and what his first name is.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 17, 2006, 05:49:02 PM

Indy can place the Tag on him, if they still have it available. But do they have the cap room for that? Also, if they don't flick Booger, thats another big chunk eaten up. But unless I'm wrong, it's the Bucs on the hook for the signing bonus, so Indy could flick Booger at the end of the year and not take a hit.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 17, 2006, 05:50:54 PM

His name is Young but I forget what school he plays for and what his first name is.

Kyle Young. He's out of Fresno State.

bucshot224

Second String

#21 : October 17, 2006, 05:51:21 PM

Briggs would be a gift from the football gods. It's nice to have some cap room.
If we have a chance to sign Freeney, I say screw Briggs. We can get a solid OLB in the draft. Great DE's are harder to come by. Also, if Michael Lewis becomes available, forget about it.....done deal. Even Gibril Wilson would be a good fit here. I just hope that all of this talk turns into action.......in a funny way, it already has.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 17, 2006, 05:51:54 PM

Indy can place the Tag on him, if they still have it available.

Can they do that IF his contract is vioded.  I think he has a release clause, that might stop them using the tag.

#23 : October 17, 2006, 05:57:56 PM

If they don't flick Booger, thats another big chunk eaten up.

You are an incredible writer.  I'm not kidding.  This is a wonderful sentence.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : October 17, 2006, 06:33:38 PM

Kyle Young:

Fresno State: A star on the offensive line who Pat Hill feels could develop into one of the best linemen ever to wear a Fresno State uniform ... has become of the nation's best centers ... has been the line's center beginning in his freshman year in 2003, starting 39 consecutive games ... anchors the line by calling all pass-protection and run schemes ... the coaching staff projects great things for him ... spent part of spring drills working at tackle to give home position flexibility ... started 39 consecutive games at center ... one of the best, if not the best, at his position in the country ... been on the Rimington Watch list as the nation's top center each of the last three years ... consensus pre-season All-WAC ... on Outland Trophy watch list. (2005) Started all 13 games for the Bulldogs and earned first-team All-WAC honors ... directed an offense which led the WAC with fewest quarterback sacks, 14 in 400 pass attempts, produced a 1,000-yard rusher and a 3,000-yard passer ... the Dogs averaged 37.5 points per game, sixth-best in the nation. (2004) Played in an started all 12 games ... selected second-team All-WAC after another stellar season ... helped the Bulldogs become the nation's fifth-highest scoring offense (40.2 ppg) and rank 15th in the nation in rushing yards ... was an integral part of Fresno State's record setting game of 503 rushing yards against Hawaii ... made the Rimington Award Watch List. (2003) Played in and started all 14 games ... an Honorable Mention All-WAC selection ... graded successfully in every game, something no other offensive lineman did ... in former offensive line coach Dennis Wagner's seven years at Fresno State, he had never had a freshman grade successfully in his first 10 games until Young did ... held Oklahoma All-American Tommie Harris, a first round NFL Draft pick, to just one assisted tackle when the Bulldogs and Sooners played in September ... cracked a rib against Nevada on the opening possession and not only finished the game, but helped Fresno State roll up over 200 rushing yards ... a Freshman All-America honoree by Football Writers of America. (2002) Redshirted.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 17, 2006, 06:35:17 PM

This pick allows us to take the best available player with our first pick, and then move up if someone like a LaRon Landry slips.  This trade is so one sided I don't even know what to say about it just yet.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 17, 2006, 06:51:57 PM

Briggs would be awesome ... we could go for Pit**CENSORED** from Ohio St in the fisrt and a S and either a strongside LB, CB or DE with the second 2nd rounder. 

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 17, 2006, 07:01:48 PM

I love how we (more than likely) will have a top 5-10 pick and the colts will (more than likely) have a 25-32 pick and we now own their 2nd rounder. Assuming we don't use it as a bargaining chip to move up, the end of round 2/beginning of round 3 will pretty exciting.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 17, 2006, 07:02:00 PM

wow 4 day 1 picks!!!!! this is great!  i would never dream we could get a 2nd for booger. now we all have to root against the colts to improve that pick.  

FullBack

Second String

#29 : October 17, 2006, 07:40:00 PM

Assume Colts win super bowl and Bucs draft 10th,  the two 2nd rounders would be worth about pick 23 in the first round.

Also, can package  that late 2nd with a 4 a move up about ten spots.    As the topic says,   it certainly gives us more mobility.

Nice job Bucs.

I think Lovie's got the formula.    Build the defese up the middle.  DT  , MLB(Ruud),  Safety.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: extra 2nd rounder allows us mobility in draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools