Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dez to begin training in Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gousfbulls

Starter

#15 : November 06, 2009, 02:21:07 PM

Where in Tampa do they train?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 06, 2009, 03:52:05 PM

What the hell does that mean, walk the walk??  Again, have you ever met Dez?  Do you know his background?  Before you bash someone for speaking maybe you should know more about him than his name, where he goes to college and what position he plays.  Amazing how some of you think you are so much better than others - Dez lied but is that severe enough to suspend him for the season? 

i never said or implied i was better than him.  i never bashed him.  i just dont mind what florio wrote.  florio didnt bash him either, just mentioned how he thinks of religion.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 06, 2009, 04:26:48 PM

What the hell does that mean, walk the walk??  Again, have you ever met Dez?  Do you know his background?  Before you bash someone for speaking maybe you should know more about him than his name, where he goes to college and what position he plays.  Amazing how some of you think you are so much better than others - Dez lied but is that severe enough to suspend him for the season? 

i never said or implied i was better than him.  i never bashed him.  i just dont mind what florio wrote.  florio didnt bash him either, just mentioned how he thinks of religion.

It seemed to me like Florio was almost criticizing Bryant.  He jokingly implied that Dez has the whole religion thing backwards.  I'm fine with Florio's biting wit, but the kid contradicted himself a bit in trying to justify his actions -- it's not reason to make fun of him.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 06, 2009, 04:36:24 PM

If this was posted because you think he'll be drafted by Tampa just caused he trains here, or something like that... then no...

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 06, 2009, 04:39:42 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth USF, where do they train in Tampa. If I were a draft prospect I would much rather train in Miami(Would need to learn spanish, Miami's native language) or Hawaii, San Diego, Etc. anywhere but Tampa. Why Tampa??? Whats in Tampa???

Buc31

Starter

#20 : November 06, 2009, 05:30:54 PM

This move makes a lot of sense. Think of what culpepper would have been if he didn't have Moss? If JF is a our "franchise qb" why not give him some weapons? You can also go DL as well....

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 06, 2009, 09:21:49 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth USF, where do they train in Tampa. If I were a draft prospect I would much rather train in Miami(Would need to learn spanish, Miami's native language) or Hawaii, San Diego, Etc. anywhere but Tampa. Why Tampa??? Whats in Tampa???

My guess would be the IMG academy in Bradenton. Many pro and amateur athletes (especially tennis players) train there.  They probably said Tampa because its the closest big city to Bradenton. 

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 06, 2009, 09:37:46 PM

and who makes you so high and mighty - have you ever lied???  Dez is a good guy and he did nothing wrong, why the hell was the NCAA looking into this anyway?  So let me get this straight, Dez has a meal with Deion Sanders (nothing wrong with this), he gets called into the judge and executioner's office and because he gets nervous and lies he gets his college career taken from him?  You gotta be kidding me, the NCAA pimps these kids out as much as they can and when they dont have a use for them anymore they just throw them away like trash.  The NCAA is a joke, it is a bunch of stuck-up, high and mighty a-holes and its getting old.

Again, game time, you have never lied in your life??  C'mon man you are a joke!!!

So, football players should be able to lie to the people they have to answer to ...with no consequences when they get caught? Please.

Yes, almost everybody has lied at some point in their life... but theres just some situations where lying is not the smart thing to do and should not be tolerated.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 06, 2009, 09:44:07 PM

Dez Bryant has shown he is a tremendous collegiate athlete.

He is worth a gamble, IMO.  Espescially considering Clayton is your #2...which is eye watering sad.

I am good with Bryant and Stroughter.  Throw Dez into the mix, with Stevens and K2, and we have the earmarks of playmakers/producers.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 06, 2009, 11:22:44 PM

Don't ask me; I'm the least religious person you'll ever come across. �I haven't been to church since I was five.

I am, however, a professional journalist, and I think Florio's attack on Dez's contradiction was unnecessary. �Bryant isn't using it as an excuse for lying. �It seems like he's saying, "Well, I screwed up, but it's okay. �I believe God will put me in the place I'm needed."

Good for you, Rick Stroud. It's about time you revealed yourself to us and admit you read Pewter Report.  ;D

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 06, 2009, 11:42:16 PM

Don't ask me; I'm the least religious person you'll ever come across. �I haven't been to church since I was five.

I am, however, a professional journalist, and I think Florio's attack on Dez's contradiction was unnecessary. �Bryant isn't using it as an excuse for lying. �It seems like he's saying, "Well, I screwed up, but it's okay. �I believe God will put me in the place I'm needed."

Good for you, Rick Stroud. It's about time you revealed yourself to us and admit you read Pewter Report.  ;D

<_<

>_>

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#26 : November 06, 2009, 11:50:24 PM

If the Bucs are smart...they would keep a close eye on him while he's there.

Unfortunately, the Bucs have not shown themselves to be that smart so far, but maybe they will pay attention to your advice.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 07, 2009, 12:17:08 AM

I thought this was interesting, the guys at Sporting News have the Bucs picking numero uno, and snagging Dez.

Nov. 4, 2009 - 1:21 p.m. ET

Here's a look at the first 16 picks in the NFL draft, as projected by Sporting News' War Room scouts. Draft order is as of the end of Week 8 (* -- underclassman):

Dez Bryant's season-ending suspension shouldn't hurt his draft stock.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State
The Bucs need playmakers on offense, so despite Bryant's suspension, they should jump at the chance to get the big, athletic receiver who can make big plays with the ball in his hands.

2. St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
The Rams' defensive line has struggled in recent seasons, and Suh would give them a powerful and athletic tackle who can change games.

3. Cleveland Browns: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Even with Joe Thomas, Cleveland needs a lot of help on its offensive line, and Williams would give the inevitable new head coach and GM a pair of elite tackles.

4. Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
To give Matt Cassel a chance at long-term success, the Chiefs have to protect him. Okung is an athletic and strong tackle who would start on the right side in 2010 and could take over the left spot eventually.

5. Tennessee Titans: Gerald McCoy*, DT, Oklahoma
The Titans' defense has not been the same since losing Albert Haynesworth, so they should jump at the chance to get another impact tackle in McCoy.

6. Detroit Lions: Eric Berry*, S/CB, Tennessee
Berry plays safety at Tennessee, but he is best suited to cornerback in the NFL. His athleticism, instincts and playmaking ability would really upgrade the Lions' secondary.

7. Oakland Raiders: Taylor Mays, S, USC
The Raiders' strength is their defense, but adding the versatile Mays would make the unit even better.

8. Seattle Seahawks: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa
Walter Jones' career might be over, and Bulaga is a big-time athlete who might be able to replace him.

9. Washington Redskins: Sam Bradford*, QB, Oklahoma
Whoever takes over the Redskins will be looking to rebuild, and adding Bradford -- who likely would have been the No. 1 overall pick if not for his shoulder injury -- would make too much sense.

10. Buffalo Bills: Joe Haden*, CB, Florida
Rookie safety Jairus Byrd has improved the Bills' secondary, but now they need to upgrade at cornerback, and Haden would bring them a rare athlete with great instincts and playmaking skills.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
The Jags need to greatly improve their pass rush, and Kindle would bring his rare explosiveness to the defensive end position.

12. San Francisco 49ers: Thaddeus Gibson*, OLB, Ohio State
For the 49ers' defense to become elite, they need to improve their pass rush, and Gibson would bring the explosiveness and skills necessary to do so.

13. Miami Dolphins: Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
Many believe Channing Crowder is not long for Miami, and Akin Ayodele is not a long-term answer at inside linebacker, so it would make sense to add the tremendously instinctive Spikes, who fits Miami's defense perfectly.

14. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina): Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
The 49ers must improve their offensive line, and Asamoah would bring the athleticism, strength and competitiveness to start as a rookie.

15. New York Jets: Cameron Heyward*, DE, Ohio State
The Jets' defensive line lacks youth and depth, and Heyward would bring the size, strength and athleticism to fit perfectly as an end in New York's 3-4 scheme.

16. Arizona Cardinals: Rob Gronkowski*, TE, Arizona
The Cardinals have a lot of talent at receiver, but adding an impact tight end could turn the offense from very good to elite. Gronkowski could be a top receiver and very good blocker.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 07, 2009, 12:18:55 AM

I thought this was interesting, the guys at Sporting News have the Bucs picking numero uno, and snagging Dez.

Nov. 4, 2009 - 1:21 p.m. ET

Here's a look at the first 16 picks in the NFL draft, as projected by Sporting News' War Room scouts. Draft order is as of the end of Week 8 (* -- underclassman):

Dez Bryant's season-ending suspension shouldn't hurt his draft stock.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State
The Bucs need playmakers on offense, so despite Bryant's suspension, they should jump at the chance to get the big, athletic receiver who can make big plays with the ball in his hands.

Guy must have smoke a lot of meth with Agassi to come up with that bullspit.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 07, 2009, 12:39:47 AM

Gotta be Suh or a trade down.    IMHO
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dez to begin training in Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools