Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: need to start one flex player (Maroney, Maclin, Crabtree, Smith (NYG-WR)) « previous next »
Page: 1

burger40

Hall of Famer

: November 06, 2009, 01:59:41 AM

All have decent arguments...Maroney: Pros- 1. is the main ball carrier as long as Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor are out on a potent NE offense 2. He is the goalline back
cons-1. NE passes a lot 2. Faulk gets more of trhe screen plays and such than Maroney limiting his receiving value 3. NE passes even when ahead of opponents by a lot and so Maroney won't be getting garbage time runs especially since i don't expect Miami to get blown out.

next is Maclin. Pros- 1. gets almost 10 targets a game in a pass-first offense 2. has great big play ability 3. matchup with dallas has a good chance to be a high scoring affair with lots of offense. Cons- 1. He's inconsistent like most rookies 2. McNabb generally throws less to Desean than Maclin, but Celek (TE) and Westbrook (RB) both get a lot of looks in the pass game.

Crabtree: Pros- 1. is the number one WR in San Fran 2. he's gotten 15 targets in his first two weeks while he is still growing 3. he has turned 11 of those targets into catches for 137 yards and i imagine he'll continue to get better as he becomes familiar with the offense 4. he is a yac machine in college and could score on the simplest of plays 5. He plays Tenn who is the worst pass defense in NFL right now.
Cons- 1. San Fran likes to play ball-control and keep passes low even when behind by a few points. 2. Vernon Davis has been getting most the red zone looks the last two weeks with 4 td receptions in the past two weeks)

Steve Smith (NY Giants): Pros: 1. Leads league in targets and never lays an egg since he gets so many looks and is really a possession type receiver 2. San Diego will pry get a decent chunk of points makin NY throw more than usual. Cons- 1. Eli has sucked lately 2. San Diego has a poor run defense so if Giants D can keep it close the Gmen will pry pound the rock a lot (which wouldn't piss me off too much as I'm starting B Jacobs ;D)
Thoughts???

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

burger40

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 06, 2009, 02:06:30 AM

or do i sit Miles Austin and add an extra WR from that group. I know it sounds crazy as he's been beastly for me for a couple games but he is going to get by far the most focus from an excellent Eagles secondary. if Roy Williams doesn't step up Miles will get double teamed all day by the likes of asante samuel and sheldon brown.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

TheGrahamCracker

Rookie

#2 : November 06, 2009, 06:48:11 PM

benching miles austin isnt crazy cuz all ur options there are solid except maclin....he is too unpredictable. U rele cant go wrong either way. If i had to choose id choose crabtree and smith. miami has decent run d and pats dont run it very well so i dont see anything special from maroney.
and i think ur spot on with miles austin analysis. i see the eagles dominating that game.
and crabtree and smith are number one receving options on their teams and they are playing crappy pass D's.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 06, 2009, 09:24:39 PM

cmon ppl ths isnt a chtrm. ths is no plce 4 chtspk. lets write like we have at least an 8th grade edumacation aye? k thnx

Anyway, I think I'd go with Smith.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 06, 2009, 11:26:49 PM

miles and smith

kouki s14

Starter

#5 : November 08, 2009, 09:57:16 AM

I'd go Austin Crabtree I think hes gonna have a break out game.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: need to start one flex player (Maroney, Maclin, Crabtree, Smith (NYG-WR)) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools