Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets make sure we dont "Sanchize" JF. « previous next »
Page: 1

burger40

Hall of Famer

: November 08, 2009, 06:44:01 PM

I just hope everyone's excitement doesn't turn sour if he comes out next week and has a so-so game or even plays somewhat poorly.

I guarantee JF will have some games this season where he throws 2 picks or so it happens to every rookie, what we all should be excited about i think beyond his good performance is that he showed more moxie and skill in one game than Ryan Leaf, Danny Wuerffle, and all other QB BUSTS ever showed in an entire season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASE CLOSED!

Here is to hoping he is this year's Matt Ryan, hopefully our run game can step up and help him out in the future games.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 08, 2009, 06:46:07 PM

I agree... lets not put too high of expectations or pressure on the guy... I mean we are playing for next season and development so we should just watch and hope he continues to grow... need to get him some playmakers on the outside in the offseason

burger40

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 08, 2009, 06:49:14 PM

yeah i mean frankly what impressed me about his stats is that he didn't have a bruising run game to rest on like Sanchez did in his big 3-0 start. and he did it without AB although i think Stovall showed he deserves to be above Clayton as I hoped he would and SS well we've all been on that bandwagon for awhile.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 08, 2009, 06:52:38 PM

yeah i mean frankly what impressed me about his stats is that he didn't have a bruising run game to rest on like Sanchez did in his big 3-0 start. and he did it without AB although i think Stovall showed he deserves to be above Clayton as I hoped he would and SS well we've all been on that bandwagon for awhile.

Well he WAS the offense as our run game once again was DOA: 2.9 ypc for our RB's today. That does make his job tougher as does the lack of quality on the outside.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 08, 2009, 06:56:11 PM

Well he WAS the offense as our run game once again was DOA: 2.9 ypc for our RB's today. That does make his job tougher as does the lack of quality on the outside.
yeah i noticed a lot of people think Olson abandons the run but from what i've seen he stuck with it even when we were getting stuffed, maybe too much but the good thing about running even if it isn't working is it helps neutralize the pass rush anyway.

i didn't expect a win i was just hoping for flashes of a bright future, Christmas came early though! ;D

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#5 : November 08, 2009, 07:10:19 PM

i agree, but freeman hasnt made any plays like freeman did today in the clutch.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 08, 2009, 07:14:49 PM

yeah i noticed a lot of people think Olson abandons the run but from what i've seen he stuck with it even when we were getting stuffed, maybe too much but the good thing about running even if it isn't working is it helps neutralize the pass rush anyway.

i didn't expect a win i was just hoping for flashes of a bright future, Christmas came early though! ;D

I think he actually did a good job of sticking with the run today. Caddy came out running well, and that caused the Packers to change their approach and play run contain. I think this is why Freeman didn't see many blitzes. So even though the run game never did very well, I think it kept the Packers honest. Teams know what Caddy will do if you give him the chance.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets make sure we dont "Sanchize" JF. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools