Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Stafford « previous next »
Page: 1

: November 08, 2009, 07:19:22 PM

Looks like a bust to me. 5 ints today. thats like 11 on the season now. with 5 tds.

Makes me happy to have Freeman right now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 08, 2009, 07:20:58 PM

Looks like a bust to me. 5 ints today. thats like 11 on the season now. with 5 tds.

Rookies will have those days. Freeman will have one of those days. Be ready and we need to not loose our collective minds when the inevitable happens.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 08, 2009, 07:21:50 PM

idk if Freeman will have THAT bad of a day... well maybe

But Freeman can make NFL throws Stafford can not in my opinion...

#3 : November 08, 2009, 07:23:05 PM

Rookies will have those days. Freeman will have one of those days. Be ready and we need to not loose our collective minds when the inevitable happens.
Freeman wasn't the #1 pick. The highest paid QB in the NFL AND suppose to be the most NFL ready Qb.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 08, 2009, 07:23:51 PM

Good arm.  All potential.  

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 08, 2009, 07:24:11 PM

Stafford is also in Detroit, not a winnable environment.

Tampa was coming off of a 9-7 season with playoffs iminent before the 0-4 December slump. Freeman was put into a better position imo.

Talent wise I think the Bucs lack serious talent at DT and WR. Outside of that I am pretty content with what we have.

Our roster is filled with a ton of Risk-Reward players that are consistently turning out to be more risky then rewarding.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 08, 2009, 07:24:26 PM

Freeman has a decent line blocking for him..

He will have bad days as well..

its part of growing pains.

#7 : November 08, 2009, 07:27:04 PM

Stafford is also in Detroit, not a winnable environment.

Tampa was coming off of a 9-7 season with playoffs iminent before the 0-4 December slump. Freeman was put into a better position imo.

Talent wise I think the Bucs lack serious talent at DT and WR. Outside of that I am pretty content with what we have.

Our roster is filled with a ton of Risk-Reward players that are consistently turning out to be more risky then rewarding.
Stafford has more talented WRs around him than we do. Megatron is better than any Bucs WR. Pettigrew is solid, they have a good running game.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 08, 2009, 07:30:22 PM

Sanchez had a day like that, Ryan and Falcco even had 3 INT days. Rookies will take it on the chin.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 08, 2009, 07:31:22 PM

Stafford can make every throw required in the NFL.  I'd say he has a slightly stronger arm than Freeman.  Too early to call him or Sanchez bust.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 08, 2009, 07:48:00 PM

too early to judge them but Stafford I felt was lot like Freeman, more potential than sanchez with more upside but less polish and more inconsistency to iron out.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

kouki s14

Starter

#11 : November 08, 2009, 07:50:03 PM

I never like Stafford Always though Sanchez was gonna be better and did'nt know much about Freeman.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 08, 2009, 11:19:16 PM

Stafford can make every throw required in the NFL.  I'd say he has a slightly stronger arm than Freeman.  Too early to call him or Sanchez bust.

Yeah no kidding lol.   Stafford has an amazing arm.   I saw him play a game his junior year of high school.   He rolled out right and threw from his back foot on the run.   Was a 60 yard laser that hit the receiver in stride.   Simply amazing.   He will be a good QB in the NFL.   It's Detroit and he's a rookie.   He'll have many more bad games before the great ones.   If they ever wise up and get a line around him he'll tear defenses apart. 

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 08, 2009, 11:32:43 PM

Wise words. I hope they are read and remembered, unfortunately there will be as much bluster as there is happiness today when Freeman goes 10-28, 130 yards and 4 picks. The say will come at some point this season.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 08, 2009, 11:33:55 PM

Stafford has played like MEGAgarbage for more than 1 game now.  Make note, he is also playing in Detroit, so he will eventually just implode.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Stafford « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools