Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Combine notesday two & three « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : February 25, 2007, 11:04:52 PM

What I dont understand is that if its being reported that the Browns are so confident in and willing to roll with Charlie Frye, then why is it also being reported that they are also very interested in Jamarcus Russel?

I think they like Frye, but feel Russell is too good to pass up if he is there.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 25, 2007, 11:43:07 PM

I bet the talented RB that will get cut is Fred Taylor.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 26, 2007, 12:20:14 AM

"talented" is a broad term.  I mean, Reuben Droughns could be considered talented...

devasher

Starter
#18 : February 26, 2007, 01:21:30 AM

I'm quite certain the "talented but injury prone" running back that will be reportedly cut is Carolina's Deshaun Foster (as PFT just recently reported).

Profootballtalk.com also reported that Drew Stanton is "leapfrogging" Brady Quinn "due in large part to great interviews".

In other words, if Quinn was having such great interviews himself (like the NFL network, and teams WANT you to believe) he wouldnt be passed by a less touted QB according to the teams insiders.

I hate to be right about Brady Quinn.....wait no I dont. Good to see people are coming to their senses about him.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 26, 2007, 08:54:53 AM

That staff is gonna get fired if they think Frye is the man. heck, they don't kno if he's > D. Anderson right now. Same thing with the Lions not taking the QB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 26, 2007, 09:01:02 AM

Quinn's stock is all over the place.

I said it was a mistake that he did not play at the senior bowl.  He at least showed up at the combine (some would argue Quinn did not do all that much at the combine) but people have mixed results with him coming from the combine.  Russell could have solidified himself as the #1 QB but he didn't and neither did Quinn.

Even if some teams like Stanton more than Quinn in the end I do not see Stanton picked in the top ten but Stanton could sneak back into the first round.  Quinn's stock is in flux as he could go #1 or fall to the bottom of the top ten. 

vipmark

Starter
#21 : February 26, 2007, 10:34:23 AM

thanx yuc, feel like I should pay you.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 26, 2007, 11:18:32 AM

Yuc, I too, thank you.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 26, 2007, 12:40:54 PM

Yuc.  Great read.  Thanks.  I saw some stuff on ESPN I think it was called the ALL Star Games ??? Anyhow, Drew Stanton really stood out.  His arm was amazinginly strong.  He threw 73 yards a number of times without too much effort and was accurate...ran obstacle and passing set ups very well.  Just wondering if there is any buzz whatsoever on him.  He seemed like a pretty regular guy too.  The most intense person was Meshawn Lynch.  He's really trying to up his value.  Olsen was the second best athlete there.  He caught everything and was very poised...

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#24 : February 26, 2007, 02:07:52 PM

Great Stuff! Keep it comin!

#25 : February 26, 2007, 02:14:50 PM

That staff is gonna get fired if they think Frye is the man. heck, they don't kno if he's > D. Anderson right now. Same thing with the Lions not taking the QB.

How do you know? Do you go to every Browns practice? Or do you have a thorough understanding of how the OL, WR and RBs performed last year? I know the Browns have been known for making a lot of bonehead mistakes in the past, but I think I'll listen to them over you if they decide to roll with Frye

I think you just tend to give guys labels far too often that dont fit them. Like when you said Luke McCown was a 6th round pick so he will never be anything special. Paris Waren was a 7th round pick so in your eyes last preseason he couldn't possibly have any good qualities. So what Charlie Frye was drafted past the 1st round and struggled on the Browns for a year behind Cosey Coleman and the 5th string center. Not to mention his LT was (overrated) Kevin Shaffer, his RB was Reuben Droughns and his 2 top pass catchers were inconsistent young guys (Edwards, Winslow)

I tend to put stock into what the professionals who work with these players on a daily basis think, over someone who does google searches and evaluates players solely on draft position and boxscores

bucs1

Practice Squad
#26 : February 26, 2007, 02:25:53 PM

One tease: a very talented but oft-injured RB could be cut very soon...

Chris Brown?

Chris Brown is a free agent.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Combine notesday two & three « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools