Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines in Chicago « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : November 11, 2009, 09:50:56 AM

getting a 2nd rounder for him was a steal!  Gaines has been worthless from Day 1.   he wasnt even that impressive at Clemson, so I dont know why they were sweating him so much.

kouki s14

Starter

#31 : November 11, 2009, 09:55:03 AM

I NEVER liked the Gaines Adams pick

Uh huh...

We have so many holes on this team that I am really torn because if Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn and Gaines Adams are all there for us it will be a hard choice on who to take.

If we trade we could go Gaines Adams and Brandon Merriweather for the first two picks then Beason and Aaron Rouse for our next picks.

By drafting a Merriweather, Beason and Gaines Adams we would add a lot of quality youth to the defense at key positions as DT, WLB and S are the most important spots on this defense.

If Thomas is not there I say we go Gaines Adams as I think he is the better choice anyway.

Gaines Adams is by far the best DE prospect in the draf

I do not want to see us waste another pick on (Calvin Johnson.)  Gaines Adams has shown for four years that he is a player

Other than Gaines Adams this is a very poor draft

And my personal favorite:

Give it a rest people as Gaines will have a longer career than AD (as in Adrian Peterson.)
OH MY GOD LOL.

Just straight up killed him.

hahaha thats rapee
lmao owned.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 11, 2009, 10:01:22 AM

getting a 2nd rounder for him was a steal!  Gaines has been worthless from Day 1.   he wasnt even that impressive at Clemson, so I dont know why they were sweating him so much.
He was a genuinely good college player. Only two players in 2006 had more sacks than him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

gatherspeed

Rookie
#33 : November 11, 2009, 10:18:58 AM

He was a genuinely good college player. Only two players in 2006 had more sacks than him.

He is a physical monster also.  Big, tall, fast.  That is what is attractive to scouts.   He plays soft however and does not have it between the ears.   But physically he should be a beast.   

Summer of 79

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 11, 2009, 10:42:03 AM

interestingly, as the lions HC, marinelli likely evaluated the heck out of gaines coming out of college and decided not to draft him - i guess rod and lovie felt a 2nd round grade was still appropriate, bully for the buccaneers

DailyRich68

Starter
#35 : November 11, 2009, 11:08:02 AM

It's not all that hard to be a monster in the oh-so-tough ACC.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 11, 2009, 11:13:26 AM

Well genuine monster pass rushers came out of the ACC in 2005 (Merriman) and 2006 (Mario Williams).

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 11, 2009, 11:39:57 AM

I liked the pick.  I thought he'd be a baby Simeon Rice.  Not so much, I guess.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 11, 2009, 11:43:27 AM

You got the baby part right...lol

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#39 : November 11, 2009, 11:46:43 AM

I NEVER liked the Gaines Adams pick

Uh huh...

We have so many holes on this team that I am really torn because if Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn and Gaines Adams are all there for us it will be a hard choice on who to take.

If we trade we could go Gaines Adams and Brandon Merriweather for the first two picks then Beason and Aaron Rouse for our next picks.

By drafting a Merriweather, Beason and Gaines Adams we would add a lot of quality youth to the defense at key positions as DT, WLB and S are the most important spots on this defense.

If Thomas is not there I say we go Gaines Adams as I think he is the better choice anyway.

Gaines Adams is by far the best DE prospect in the draf

I do not want to see us waste another pick on (Calvin Johnson.) �Gaines Adams has shown for four years that he is a player

Other than Gaines Adams this is a very poor draft

And my personal favorite:

Give it a rest people as Gaines will have a longer career than AD (as in Adrian Peterson.)
I believe this is the electronic version of Biggs3535 prison raping Samari28

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".....Unknown Author.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 11, 2009, 11:57:21 AM

I'm not saying we didn't get good value for him.  I will say Rod hasn't had much time with him.  I'd hold off till Rod gets to put him through the offseason paces, if he lasts that long...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DailyRich68

Starter
#41 : November 11, 2009, 12:00:00 PM

Well genuine monster pass rushers came out of the ACC in 2005 (Merriman) and 2006 (Mario Williams).

Both of whom put up vastly better numbers than Adams did.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 11, 2009, 12:05:48 PM

What you've seen is what happens when a poster makes "absolute" posts. They have a tendency to haunt.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 11, 2009, 12:09:04 PM

Both of whom put up vastly better numbers than Adams did.
No they didn't. Adams had 12.5 sacks in 2006, Mario Williams had 14.5 sacks in 2005 and Merriman only 8.5 sacks in 2004. LaMarr Woodley, who has been a much better pro than Adams, had 12.0 sacks in 2006. Clearly numbers only mean so much.

pewterpirates

Starter
#44 : November 11, 2009, 03:14:18 PM

i've seen gaines adams knocked on his a** being chipped by backs,kept at bay with ease by tight ends,and washed out of plays by AVERAGE tackles i'll take those guys we got off the waiver wire any day of the year.

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines in Chicago « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools