Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Mark Dominiks decision making... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: November 11, 2009, 08:23:52 PM

The fact of the matter is:

Our first round pick (Josh Freeman) threw a touchdown pass to a guy MD and RM traded for (K2), a guy they signed in free agency (D-Ward), and a guy they drafted in the seventh round (Sammie Stroughter). Mint.  ;D

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 11, 2009, 08:31:29 PM

it was certainly a good week for them.

I didn't enjoy the "Activeness" of Leftwich, the field goal attempt by Nugent, the tackle by Crowell, or the playcalling by Jagz though...

haha it was a week for the NEW REGIME to hang thier hat on.  Hopefully we have more weeks like that...

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 11, 2009, 08:32:51 PM

Good burn on the second part. I think my point was made.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 11, 2009, 08:34:09 PM

At the risk of sounding critical - the inattention to defensive needs it indisputable and inexplicable.

And taking 8 months +/- to find out Jagz was (in their opinion) incompetent is incomprehensible - as they worked shoulder to shoulder during that time.

And that is enough in words for one evening.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 11, 2009, 08:37:41 PM

At the risk of sounding critical - the inattention to defensive needs it indisputable and inexplicable.

And taking 8 months +/- to find out Jagz was (in their opinion) incompetent is incomprehensible - as they worked shoulder to shoulder during that time.

And that is enough in words for one evening.

Eh, I think they will focus heavily on the defense this year. Lots of defensive draft picks, maybe a resigning, and a FA or two.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 11, 2009, 08:38:06 PM

the new regime certainly put themselves behind the 8 ball with some of their questionable free agent moves and personal decisions, not to mention an 0-7 start, and the whopping 3 field goals we have this year.  (I think we are trying to become the first team with more field goal kickers than actually field goals made.  I think we're tied at 3-3)

Anyway, yes, if the team and particularly their additions continue to play well(Winslow has been a great addition all year, so that's already proven), then they can be looked at in a different light.

1 game doesn't negate the previous 7...and unfortunately, as we are all happy after a win...if Freeman throws 3 INTs this week, it will be all "doom and gloom" again..

EDIT: ...WHICH should be expected of a rookie QB.  Hence, why we have to be patient with the young kid.(I wasn't patient the first 7 weeks because that was just stupidity to go with Leftwich-Johnson instead of another vet QB whose name I wont mention)

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 11, 2009, 08:40:01 PM

I think that this team needs major help at the skill positions though as well. WR and RB. (Ya I know we have three, but are any of them really that good?)

#7 : November 11, 2009, 08:53:12 PM

The optimism on Freeman is refreshing, however, it should be extremely guarded.  This was a struggling Green Bay Packer team after all.

A real concise evaluation will, and should be, defined at season's end, not after a single start.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 11, 2009, 08:59:26 PM

The optimism on Freeman is refreshing, however, it should be extremely guarded. This was a struggling Green Bay Packer team after all.

A real concise evaluation will, and should be, defined at season's end, not after a single start.

I do agree with the cautious optimism prefer. However, I disagree with the struggling Green Bay. All week all we heard on this board and on National television was that the packers have a top three pass defense and Dom Capers. It is what it is, Olson brought in three wide receivers and put Freeman in the shotgun. When given a chance, Freeman tore the packers up. He also struggled, and the worst is still yet to come in that regard. Bottom line here; Freeman, a rookie, marched our team down the field for the winning drive against a top five pass defense. I was impressed.

#9 : November 11, 2009, 09:03:17 PM

Keep in mind that one of their best players on D (Kampmann) was playing virtually the entire game with a concussion also.  Don't get me wrong...I liked alot of things from Soul Glow Sunday, but also realized his rookie flaws, which will continue for a while to come.  Let's watch his progression.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 11, 2009, 09:13:03 PM

Keep in mind that one of their best players on D (Kampmann) was playing virtually the entire game with a concussion also. Don't get me wrong...I liked alot of things from Soul Glow Sunday, but also realized his rookie flaws, which will continue for a while to come. Let's watch his progression.

I agree completely. But you have to admit, there was something different about him. When he got the ball on that final drive, I was sitting in the stands and said to myself: here we go again, another bucs QB having the game in his hands and letting us down. But then Freeman moved the team down the field. It wasn't the ugly barely getting first downs, it wasn't some happy footed QB running all over the field, it was a thing of beauty. He took the field in chunks and looked relaxed doing it. Not to mention, the final throw was perfect, that touchdown to Sammie was perfect. I really hope the kid works out, and he definately has a LONG way to go...but he definately has the ability to be a starter in this league. I am not saying he will be great, but he definately has the ability to be good, especially if he adjusts as defenses adjust to him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 11, 2009, 09:16:25 PM

We are all hoping he makes it - big - the bigger the better.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 11, 2009, 09:46:24 PM

The fact of the matter is:

Our first round pick (Josh Freeman) threw a touchdown pass to a guy MD and RM traded for (K2), a guy they signed in free agency (D-Ward), and a guy they drafted in the seventh round (Sammie Stroughter). Mint.  ;D
After Seven weeks you would think to say...About Time...OBD

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 12, 2009, 08:46:41 AM

Badabing,

I only saw 2 field goals missed by the kicker. 1 by Nugent and 1 by Barth.

The others were the fault of Economos and 1 by Stevens.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 12, 2009, 06:23:38 PM

While it's true they could and should have done even more to help the defense along this offseason it truly makes you wonder why the last bunch neglected it for years.   I think I'll give the new guys more then one offseason since I was willing to give the other guys several years before I turned on them. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Mark Dominiks decision making... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools