Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Mark Dominiks decision making... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 12, 2009, 06:45:55 PM

At the risk of sounding critical - the inattention to defensive needs it indisputable and inexplicable.

While it's true they could and should have done even more to help the defense along this offseason it truly makes you wonder why the last bunch neglected it for years.   I think I'll give the new guys more then one offseason since I was willing to give the other guys several years before I turned on them. 

In all frankness, they didn't exactly know what they had on defense. They had several young players who had been waiting their turn to start and they wanted to see what they could do. They are playing like young, inexperienced players, which is to be expected. Whether they develop into legitimate NFL starters, only time will tell, but to keep these guys on the bench and plug in older free agents only would have clouded the long-term picture. Monte's partially to blame for this since he always waited just a little too long to start giving the young guys in-game experience.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 13, 2009, 12:35:38 PM

Right off the top of my head, I haven't seen any of those who "didn't get experience" show much so far. I don't count Talib as he played a lot last year.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 13, 2009, 12:37:21 PM

Right off the top of my head, I haven't seen any of those who "didn't get experience" show much so far. I don't count Talib as he played a lot last year.

Really?  I think Geno has been our best linebacker.  He's no slouch on special teams either.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 13, 2009, 01:19:46 PM

Grading all the moves, I have:

OC: FAIL
DC: D-
Ward: C
Nugent: F
Crowell: F
KW2: B
Clayton (re-signing): D-
Luke (re-signing): D-
Lefty: D-
Cutting Brooks, Dunn, galloway, June, Ike: C+
Letting Buchanon walk: C
Jermaine Phillips move to LB: D-
Koutovides: C

draft
JF: too soon but so far B
Miller: B+
Moore: incomplete
X. Fulton: incomplete
Biggers: D
Stroughter: A+

OC#2: F

Crowder: B
Bennett: B
Dirk: B
Andrus: F
Kicker #4 Conner: incomplete

Getting something for Luke: B
Adams trade: A+

Overall grade avg. 1.77 or C-

#19 : November 13, 2009, 01:24:23 PM

And thank god they blew it on Jay Cutler.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 13, 2009, 01:46:35 PM

I think Cutler would have been marvelous in Tampa with the current O personnel - now play calling is iffy - but he would have been a very nice upgrade.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 13, 2009, 02:07:46 PM

Lynch, Quarles, Brooks and Barber didn't look that great their first years as starters either. In fact, Lynch (on of my all time favorite players), looked worse than Sabby has his first year.

ilovebeer

Starter

#22 : November 13, 2009, 02:15:18 PM

Really?  I think Geno has been our best linebacker.  He's no slouch on special teams either.

Geno is hit or miss.  It seems like he blows up 1-2 running plays in the backfield a game, but then will miss an assignment later on.  But man does he react quick on those run plays he blows up.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 13, 2009, 04:13:12 PM

Geno is hit or miss.  It seems like he blows up 1-2 running plays in the backfield a game, but then will miss an assignment later on.  But man does he react quick on those run plays he blows up.

I think he was missing more assignments earlier in the year than lately. I think (and hope) he'll continue to improve and will be a damn good lb in a yr or 2.

kouki s14

Starter

#24 : November 13, 2009, 04:57:57 PM

If Geno could work on his coverage skills he could be one heck of a linebacker for us.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 13, 2009, 06:02:41 PM

Grading all the moves, I have:

KW2: B

Overall grade avg. 1.77 or C-

Only a B for the K2 trade? Kinda stingy dontcha think? IMO, that move deserves an A+.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Mark Dominiks decision making... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools