Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Anti-incumbent sentiment surges « previous next »
Page: 1

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

: November 12, 2009, 05:23:03 PM

Poll: Anti-incumbent sentiment surges

One year out from midterm elections, anti-incumbent sentiment is approaching its highest level in two decades, according to a poll released Wednesday by Pew Research Center for the People & the Press.

The survey found that 53 percent of Americans said most members of Congress should not be reelected, compared with just 34 percent who said most members should be reelected.

Fifty-two percent would like to see their own representatives reelected in 2010, while 29 percent want them out of office, according the Pew poll.

The last time voter sentiment was this negative was during the 2006 and 1994 election cycles — years in which the party in power suffered huge losses in midterm elections. In June 2006, 57 percent did not want to see most representatives reelected, while 29 percent wanted to see them stay in office. In October 1994, 56 percent of voters said they would not like to see most members of Congress reelected, while 28 percent would.

“When you have this anti-incumbent sentiment, it doesn’t typically reverse,” said Carroll Doherty, the associate director of the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press.

...more...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29458.html

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 12, 2009, 05:25:05 PM

There should be an anti-incumbent sentiment every election, IMO.

We need to enforce our own term limits since the dingleberries in Washington won't.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 12, 2009, 05:58:19 PM

Except for the Supreme Court, I think there should be term limits on all federal and state offices.

In local offices, I have never voted for the same person twice.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

biffbeaumont

Starter

#3 : November 12, 2009, 07:19:54 PM

Agreed. No matter what the party, these weasles set themselves up for life (   McCain, Frank, Kerry, et al...)  and are NEVER voted out. Horrible. Every election they all say ' I will work to get the special interests out of DC" .....wink..wink.....knowing full well the reason they stay in office and ruin our democracy is because of their relationships with 'the special interests". They're all clowns and this time around they ALL need to go....

BucNative

Starter

#4 : November 12, 2009, 09:14:39 PM

I've been saying this for about 4-5 months now.  I saw some guy on Fox that was talkin about it.  Can't remember his website though.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 12, 2009, 09:20:14 PM

There should be an anti-incumbent sentiment every election, IMO.

We need to enforce our own term limits since the dingleberries in Washington won't.
That is where I am at.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Anti-incumbent sentiment surges « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools