Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Police: Mike Tyson hits photographer at LAX « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: November 11, 2009, 11:25:34 PM

LOS ANGELES – Mike Tyson allegedly hit a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport and was detained on su**CENSORED**ion of battery Wednesday, police said.

The paparazzo told police that Tyson struck him once, airport police spokesman Sgt. Jim Holcomb said. The photographer fell to the ground and was treated for a cut to his forehead at a hospital.

Tyson's spokeswoman Tammy Brook said the boxer was traveling with his wife and 10-month-old child Wednesday afternoon when he was attacked by an overly aggressive paparazzi. He acted in self-defense to protect his child, she said.

Tyson and the unnamed photographer both want to press charges for misdemeanor battery, police said.

"There's a lot of different versions to this story and that's all going to come out later," Holcomb said. "There were numerous witnesses and that's what this whole case is going to depend on."

Tyson was being held at the airport police station and will be booked and released later, Holcomb said.

"Right now he is very compliant, very cooperative. He's just waiting in one of our holding cells," he said.

The photographer will also be booked once he is released from the hospital, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_people_mike_tyson

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 12, 2009, 12:06:14 AM

They both filed assault charges on each other so it will probably get thrown out, which was smart for Mike to do so on his part.

lovethe bucs

Second String

#2 : November 12, 2009, 08:06:06 AM

What pisses me off is these celebrity photographers, get a real job

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 12, 2009, 09:57:34 AM

What pisses me off is these celebrity photographers, get a real job

Yep.   I wish more of them would take butt whippings.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 12, 2009, 12:47:30 PM

Saw Tyson briefly at the graduation ceremony for one of his daughters.  He was super nice to everyone, posed for pictures and seemed like a genuinely nice guy...

THAT day.  Changed the way I view him quite a bit though...

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 12, 2009, 10:03:21 PM

Saw Tyson briefly at the graduation ceremony for one of his daughters. He was super nice to everyone, posed for pictures and seemed like a genuinely nice guy...

THAT day. Changed the way I view him quite a bit though...

There have been alot of different people that have said the same thing that he's a nice guy, and I bet alot of the times he's been an a-hole was after he was provoked or caught in a very bad mood.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Police: Mike Tyson hits photographer at LAX « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools