Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow drawing top CBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

: November 12, 2009, 02:35:44 PM

TE Kellen Winslow has emerged as the Bucs' top receiving target, but his impact goes far beyond the fact he leads the team in receptions (25), receiving yards (352), and touchdowns (five). Winslow is such a threat that opponents have started assigning their top cornerbacks to him. That opens opportunities for others to make plays, and the Bucs are taking advantage. Last week, the Packers put CB Charles Woodson on Winslow. That allowed WRs Maurice Stovall and Sammie Stroughter a chance to work against lesser corners. Winslow also has been a big aid to rookie QB Josh Freeman. Freeman says Winslow is quick to explain coverage tendencies so Freeman knows when to look his way and when to look elsewhere. Bucs officials raised a lot of eyebrows when trading two draft picks for Winslow, but he's been the team's most reliable offensive player.

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20091112?sub_id=hnYOUdfg6WoT&folio=CGI#pg21

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 12, 2009, 02:41:17 PM

Awesome... SEE??? This team CAN make some plays... we DO have some talent... its a SHAME it wasn't realized earlier.

And I'm starting to like Winslow more and more. Props to him for taking the rookie under his wing and being unselfish, telling when NOT to throw his way.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 12, 2009, 02:42:00 PM

Man, I hope AB comes back soon to take advantage of these matchups.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 12, 2009, 03:52:29 PM

TE Kellen Winslow has emerged as the Bucs' top receiving target, but his impact goes far beyond the fact he leads the team in receptions (25), receiving yards (352), and touchdowns (five). Winslow is such a threat that opponents have started assigning their top cornerbacks to him. That opens opportunities for others to make plays, and the Bucs are taking advantage. Last week, the Packers put CB Charles Woodson on Winslow. That allowed WRs Maurice Stovall and Sammie Stroughter a chance to work against lesser corners. Winslow also has been a big aid to rookie QB Josh Freeman. Freeman says Winslow is quick to explain coverage tendencies so Freeman knows when to look his way and when to look elsewhere. Bucs officials raised a lot of eyebrows when trading two draft picks for Winslow, but he's been the team's most reliable offensive player.

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20091112?sub_id=hnYOUdfg6WoT&folio=CGI#pg21

Isn't this because he's the only real threat?

I like K2 but when you have Clayton, Sammie, and K2 who do you think the best CB will be covering?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 12, 2009, 03:54:18 PM

Winslow = huge help for Freeman.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 12, 2009, 03:56:17 PM

No matter how you spin it man if the defense has to use a CB to cover your TE you know he has some explosive speed

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 12, 2009, 03:58:55 PM

When I sit back and think about it, sometimes I wouldn't mind drafting DEZ, but only if Suh isn't on board or Berry.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 12, 2009, 04:00:32 PM

Yes, K2 is drawing teams attention.  And yes, he is productive.

Obviously.

stufftherun55

Starter

#8 : November 12, 2009, 04:10:41 PM

That says all you need to know about the lack of WR's in Tampa. 

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 12, 2009, 04:15:35 PM

I thought the Winslow addition was a great one from the beginning and still believe so. The major concern I had with him was his injury history but hes barely been on the injury report so far. I also feared that he might blow up at some point this year from all the losing but thus far hes been nothing but positive, particularly towards Freeman's development. Good move by Dominik. Nice to have a player who is genuinely one of the elite at his position.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Madman

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 12, 2009, 04:50:20 PM

Speaking of WR... just read Boomer called our #18 Sammie 'Sergeant' Stroughter.

Pretty funny.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 12, 2009, 06:43:26 PM

No matter how you spin it man if the defense has to use a CB to cover your TE you know he has some explosive speed

No, it means that the WR's are dogs that they DON'T have to use their CB's on.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 12, 2009, 09:06:12 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The guy can be a HUGE threat IF he just shuts up and plays football.

Right now, I'd say he's doing his job.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 13, 2009, 12:06:57 AM

Man, I hope AB comes back soon to take advantage of these matchups.

My thoughts exactly. If Winslow can keep playing the way he is now, someone is going to be open. What a huge mismatch. Hopefully Olson is wise enough to take full advantage of this trend if it keeps up.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 13, 2009, 02:14:09 AM

Even if AB doesn't play, we will get to see more of Stovall. He looked tough last game and seemed to have something going with Freeman.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow drawing top CBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools