Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/When/Where did you become a Bucs fan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yungbull

Starter
: November 13, 2009, 01:36:58 PM

I know this may be kinda corny but I was just wondering, people always ask me that, because I've been a fan for over 10yrs and counting but I've never been anywhere close to Tampa.

I became a fan in the late 90's seeing them play on the Armed Forces network when I was in Japan, loved the jerseys, the colors, Alstott, and the Sapp was my fav.  Started buying the jerseys and other merchandise with lawn mowing money and have been a fan ever since.

What about you all? 

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 13, 2009, 01:44:11 PM

when i was in 7th grade in in 1998 i was a big florida st fan growing up and i said what ever team warric dunn got drafted to would be my faviorte team at that time i never really had a team my dad was a steelers fan but i never really liked them. I have been a bucs fan ever sense an im glad he got drafted by the bucs.. i have not missed a game sinse i had sunday ticket for last 5 or 6 years

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 13, 2009, 01:45:57 PM

Lived in Dunedin and at age 5 my parents got season tickets for their inaugural season. It's been a crazy ride since then.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

john.matincheck

Starter

#3 : November 13, 2009, 01:47:49 PM

Saturday September 14 1991. It was 2am, the bar was dark, the air filled with smoke, and I was 8 beers and 4 shots into a pretty mean bender when I looked up and there she was staring back at me......and no matter how ugly she is now I can't forget how beautiful she was at that moment.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 13, 2009, 02:30:16 PM

I watched with my father growing up. I still remember eating popcorn and watching the "orange" and white.

Bad contrast back then :)

jrbuc19

Second String

#5 : November 13, 2009, 02:36:02 PM

i was 6 years old 1996     my pop (grandfather)  had season tickets since 76   my first home game was in 96 when we played the packers  and every1  around me was a packers fan!  every since then i always rooted 4 the bucs and been to every game since!

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#6 : November 13, 2009, 02:49:23 PM

growing up i was actually a redskins fan, basically force fed by my father because he liKed the skins.  in like 1991 my dad bought me a Buccaneers hat because Orange is my favorite color. When he told me that it was an NFL team in Florida I was hooked. ( because i was born in florida and everytime we were stateside we were stationed in Florida)

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 13, 2009, 02:49:37 PM

Was 7 when I moved to Tampa with my parents from Pennsylvania in 1987.  Dad was a huge Steelers fan, but we lived almost 3 hours from Pittsburgh so he felt a real home team connection to the Bucs since we lived only 20 mins. from old Tampa Stadium.  He immediately shifted alliance when we got here and I used to watch the few games on during the season with him each Sunday.  We still do it to this day.  

omendez75

Rookie

#8 : November 13, 2009, 03:04:14 PM

Being from South Texas I get asked that alot. Growing up I was a devout Cowboys fan due to my dad being the most hardcore Cowboy "Fan". When I actually started watching football I was puzzled to why a team who had a #1 draft pick qb"Vinnie" could be bad.  I began to root for them silently while watching the cowboys with my dad. As time passes "Rooting for the underdog" became a passion. Since 97 there has been no other team for me. I live and die with the Buc flag.

pewterpirates

Starter
#9 : November 13, 2009, 03:17:22 PM

i've been a bucs fan since '97 when i was 6 thats when i started watching football ...been a buc ever since.

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#10 : November 13, 2009, 03:40:08 PM

Well I didn't grow up a Bucs fan, become a fan Dungys first year, have been a fan ever since...grew up in Baltimore and moved away before ravens

yungbull

Starter
#11 : November 13, 2009, 03:48:10 PM

Well I didn't grow up a Bucs fan, become a fan Dungys first year, have been a fan ever since...grew up in Baltimore and moved away before ravens

Yeah the franchise owes him a lot.  He knows how to run team and keep a team successful.  He definitely needs to be in our front office.

graypilgrim

Starter

#12 : November 13, 2009, 03:54:09 PM

Since day one when I read in the Tampa Tribune that Tampa had been awarded a franchise. I still have packed away a blue tee shirt that has a picture of a baby wearing a football helmet, cleats, diaper and a banner that says Tampa Bay Bucs - '76. Got it from Maas Brothers - the official source for all Buc regalia (at that time).

Then the pain started ...

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#13 : November 13, 2009, 03:54:34 PM

Ive always been a fan because i used to go to games ever since I was a baby. I was born in 85 so its been awhile. I didnt take a huge interest until middle school though. Which was around 96.

graypilgrim

Starter

#14 : November 13, 2009, 04:05:03 PM

Now I am remembering the Coach McKay show with good ole Andy Hardy. McKay did not show him any mercy either.
Once Hardy made a comment about how a certain pass play to the TE seemed to work and suggested McKay use it more often. McKay quipped that since he was the Coach, he would continue to coach and Hardy needed to stick to reporting. An awarkward silence brought on a quick commercial break.
Today someone would remind McKay he was in the middle of an 0 - 14 season, since he was the coach.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/When/Where did you become a Bucs fan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools