Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/When/Where did you become a Bucs fan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

blueovals14

Practice Squad
#15 : November 13, 2009, 04:06:49 PM

1979 Clayton Ny, right on the canadian border, Saw the Bucs, Giants as our only game that week. I was 9 years old,fell in love with the Bucs that day for some reason,been at it ever scense. The 80s I took a lot of crap in high school as the only Bucs fan who wore his colors(hard to find in NY before ebay) . Right till this day I still live and die every Sunday

stonecoldbucsfan

Rookie

#16 : November 13, 2009, 04:08:23 PM

I didnt become a fan until we switched jersey colors. I couldnt be a fan of a team with those colors. thats why ive never been a fan of the dolphins or the rays until they switched jerseys, the day I heard that we switched colors was the day I bought my first ticket for both the bucs and rays. whats up with florida teams picking the dumbest brightest colors, even the tuskers uniforms are ugly.

yungbull

Starter
#17 : November 13, 2009, 04:08:46 PM

Ive always been a fan because i used to go to games ever since I was a baby. I was born in 85 so its been awhile. I didnt take a huge interest until middle school though. Which was around 96.

Same here, born in '85 but I became a fan in '97.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : November 13, 2009, 04:54:07 PM

Moved to Florida in 1993 from New York.  Was a Giant Fan because my dad was one but when I moved to Florida, I decided I needed to switch alliances to a Florida team.  The Bucs were my choice. 

buccofthewest

Practice Squad
#19 : November 13, 2009, 05:53:17 PM

I get asked this on a weekly basis cause living in california in the middle of raider nation, My dad is a stanford fan so when i was younger we would watch stanford games and i became a john lynch fan and when he got drafted in 93 I followed him and started going for tampa and the rest is history.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 13, 2009, 05:55:07 PM

I was born the same year the Bucs were born. My dad was a fan from day one. As soon as I was old enough to know what football was, I was rooting for the Bucs... and always will (no matter what happens).

BucFanOcala

Starter

#21 : November 13, 2009, 06:15:09 PM

I hated the bucs,more so then any other team in the league back then because of those damed ugly creamsicles ....

Then a freind forced me to watch them play in 96 (or 97?)I think 97 First game in tampa at the ole sumbrero in pewter against the great 49'rs and we broke rices leg and gave young a concusion bucs went 5-0 that year, I was hooked...

Going into my 13th year of being a bucs fan and I maybe missed 3 or 4 games in that span...

BucFanOcala

Starter

#22 : November 13, 2009, 06:19:16 PM

O yeah I'll be heading towards davie F.L reppin for my boys,my girls a huge doll-fan fan..It's gona great hopefully the boys can take the beat down to the  south,..

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 13, 2009, 06:44:26 PM

i worked at cici's on sundays and would get off at around 1 everyday.

i would drive home with the radio on 103.5.  i meant to listen to country music.  but instead it was some guy talking and describing a football game.  i was so captivated by his speaking and the image he put in my head... so when i got home, i would keep watching the game until the end.

eventually that year it became a weekly routine. my g/f and i had split so i would just listen to the radio and had nothing else to do but watch the game. so i got to know the players.  the coaches.  the history.  and then when the draft came i was really into it all.  i found a sports talk station on 620AM that i could listen to.  i got some tickets for the next year.  and it just happened.  i was really into chris simms being the future back then.  and of course caddilac for his historic first 4 or 5 games.

it kinda just happened.  i became a fan because of Gene Deckerhoff's voice and incredible ability to put an image in your head with words.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 13, 2009, 06:58:05 PM

Maas Brothers...there's a blast from the past...lol

Based on some posts I've seen on this board, I honestly expected many here to say, "Yesterday"

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

burger40

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 13, 2009, 07:25:42 PM

My story is kinda strange. I lived in Viking, Bears and Packer country in NW Iowa but i loved underdogs when i was young and hated doing what everyone did. I also collected playing cards fanatically. Naturally the buccaneers were rarely in any packs i got but one day i got an ultra fleer pack and got my first buc player ever Tyji Armstrong i believe he was a tight end. I thought they had the coolest uniforms plus they were the underdogs of the division and gave me the chance to root against all the other NFC north teams. Nobody else in the area were fans but i converted my two best friends and we all got to celebrate SB 37 together and wear our Buc jerseys that Friday before and the Monday following after everyone wouldn't shut up about the Raiders awesome offense.

We just laughed cuz we knew that defense was one of the best ever to take a football field.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Bash

Practice Squad

#26 : November 13, 2009, 11:41:13 PM

Lived in St. Pete and became a Buc fan when we got the franchise. Prior to that, I was a Miami fan.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 14, 2009, 02:00:25 AM

oh btw i forgot to mention, when i was reading a sports moments book i got as a gift i read that tampa got their first ever win on guess what Dec 11, 1976. Exactly 10 yrs before I was born......i was born to root for the BUCS!!!!!! 8)

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 14, 2009, 02:04:12 AM

As my name states it was 1976 when my dad took me and my brother to the games for like $20 each, and I can remember in 1975 seeing McDonalds as a major advertising sponsor and their t-shirts and billboards were everywhere that read "The Bucs are coming.....The Bucs are coming!"

BP1

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 14, 2009, 02:25:36 AM

I was a Bucs fan at birth. My Dad is a huge Bucs fan, so when I was born I was dressed in the colors. GO BUCS!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/When/Where did you become a Bucs fan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools