Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/When/Where did you become a Bucs fan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

burger40

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 14, 2009, 02:43:06 AM

I was a Bucs fan at birth. My Dad is a huge Bucs fan, so when I was born I was dressed in the colors. GO BUCS!
classic, indocrination at birth ;D my kids won't have a choice.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 14, 2009, 03:47:50 AM

and always will (no matter what happens).

You should never use absolutes.   I used to say the same thing...   

Clearwater Buc

Rookie

#32 : November 14, 2009, 04:35:41 AM

My reason actually starts a little weird. I'm from Baltimore and have been a huge Ravens fan since '96. Well, one day in the late 90s, I was with my mom at KMart in the toy section where I saw mini Corvette cars with NFL players and their team on them. I got Kurt Warner, Eddie George,... and Warren Sapp. I'm not exactly sure why, but Sapp was my favorite of the 3. Probably because of the cool colors and lettering style of the Bucs. Anyways, that kinda got me interested in them (plus, they were an elite team then.)

My dad's side of the family lives in Florida. After I graduated high school, I chose Clearwater Christian College where I still attend. My Uncle Dennis lives in Pinellas Park, and after church he would pick me up from campus to take me back to his house to watch the Bucs game on TV. The whole drive over, he would tell me about "the sure-shot phenom coming out of USC... Ricky Bell" before he got hurt, about Coach McKay, and how he saw Monte Kiffin and Gruden eating lunch at "The Apple" (which was my uncle's daily breakfast or lunch place, everyday) and actually joined them eating together talking Bucs football.

When we got to his house, we would watch the game and eat Doritos/chips with Sprite/Kool-Aid (great combo, huh?) while telling me stories about the stupid things he and my other uncle, and dad did as kids. My 18th- and first- birthday in Florida away from family in MD, my uncle, aunt, and cousin and her kids got me Buccaneer pajama pants (which I'm actually wearing as I'm typing this) and a Bucs hat.

Unfortuantely, Uncle Dennis died in October 2008. It was extremely hurtful for me, but because he was a born-again Christian too, I knew exactly where he was.

I liked the Bucs since the late 90s, but it wasn't until college when I became a DIE-HARD. I'm crazy about the Bucs because well, they're the Buccaneers; I like how they play and love rooting for them. But you can thank my bleeding pewter to my Uncle Dennis who fanned those flames that pushed me over the edge. I'm a Bucs fan FOR LIFE.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 14, 2009, 09:05:55 AM

Well the difference between me and you is I MEAN WHAT I SAY. You see, my dad and I stuck it out through the bad years (there were a lot of em)... and never even THOUGHT about quitting on our team EVER. Here we are going through another rough time and I (unlike you) STILL have no intentions of giving up on them.

Anyway, if you're no longer a fan... then why post here? Just to be a troll?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 14, 2009, 09:20:38 AM

Well the difference between me and you is I MEAN WHAT I SAY. You see, my dad and I stuck it out through the bad years (there were a lot of em)... and never even THOUGHT about quitting on our team EVER. Here we are going through another rough time and I (unlike you) STILL have no intentions of giving up on them.

Java hasn't stopped being a buccaneer fan imvho - he is terribly disheartened by what has happened since last December/this January.  I can certainly understand the issues that lead him to his position - even if I don't agree with the tone and content of his posts.  When the buccs organization appears to be returning to a professional basis - with emphasis on winning - I suspect the tone of his posts will acknowledge the improvement. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 14, 2009, 10:00:48 AM

Java hasn't stopped being a buccaneer fan imvho - he is terribly disheartened by what has happened since last December/this January.  I can certainly understand the issues that lead him to his position - even if I don't agree with the tone and content of his posts.  When the buccs organization appears to be returning to a professional basis - with emphasis on winning - I suspect the tone of his posts will acknowledge the improvement. 

Sorry but you're wrong. He has clearly stated that he is NOT a fan of the Bucs.

armydx316

Starter

#36 : November 14, 2009, 10:04:48 AM

March of 1986 when I was born. According to my parents, the first words uttered out of my mouth were "go bucs."

Creamsicle

Second String

#37 : November 14, 2009, 12:14:45 PM

When I was twelve watching Ronde Barber do the dagger on his pick return against mcnabb in the nfc championship. to this day my favorite thing to see in sports.

Buc31

Starter

#38 : November 14, 2009, 01:36:29 PM

2000 I was never really a true fan before, but I knew I didn't like that Redskins.  When the Bucs knocked the skins out the playoffs the year before...it was wonderful. Been Buc'n ever since! I love my Bucs!

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 14, 2009, 03:33:12 PM

1994. Was a general football fan before that time. When Sunday Ticket arrived on DirecTV wife who was a long time Bucs fan as a kid forced me to watch every week. The rest is history.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 14, 2009, 03:35:49 PM

Maas Brothers...there's a blast from the past...lol

Damn dude

-------------------------------------------------------

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 14, 2009, 03:38:23 PM

You should never use absolutes. I used to say the same thing...

Java hasn't stopped being a buccaneer fan imvho - he is terribly disheartened by what has happened since last December/this January. I can certainly understand the issues that lead him to his position - even if I don't agree with the tone and content of his posts. When the buccs organization appears to be returning to a professional basis - with emphasis on winning - I suspect the tone of his posts will acknowledge the improvement.

Like any other guy thats lost his first love, once he finds a new object of his affection, he'll be fine. Or maybe next year when Gruden gets a new gig.

-------------------------------------------------------

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 14, 2009, 05:09:06 PM

I don't think he has lost his first love, just having a lover's quarrel. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#43 : November 14, 2009, 05:20:17 PM

1979...  Watched that entire season with my step-dad on TV.  First ever NFL football experience.

Prior to that lots of sandlot and street football, played in High School until I had a disagreement with
the coach about having long hair... lol.  Never really interested in watching games on TV.

Joined the military BEFORE the internet... !!!!   All over the world, I'd call back home to see
how my team was doing, sometimes the box score play by play would show up in a military
newspaper overseas... 

Wouldn't miss a game for the world now.  Try and get to Tampa at least 1 x per season.

bucman23

Starter

#44 : November 15, 2009, 12:12:14 AM

i grew up and still live in the suburbs of detroit. my dad grew up there as well, but his parents divorced in the mid 70s and he was forced to move down in the tampa area with his mom. in 76 he became a huge fan and went to every game. when i was born(89), i didnt really have a choice. it was the nfc central days and my dad used to dress me up in orange and take me to the silverdome every year at the time. as soon as nfl sunday ticket came out, thats when i became a HUGE fan. still go over my pops house and watch the game on his huge flat screen every sunday. we like to fly down there once a year for a game, my aunt lives right off dale mabry.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/When/Where did you become a Bucs fan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools