Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is drafting another quarterback out of the question? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

stufftherun55

Starter

#60 : November 12, 2009, 12:28:36 PM

He also threw three touchdowns, yeah they were on a short field but he still threw touchdowns and not ints or incompletions when his teem needed it and how many of our qbs this year threw three touchdowns this year.  None of this matters to you because I guess you hat the kid for no good reason.

He actually had 2 INT's.  One was called back thanks to the refs.  His 45% completion rate really says all you need to know about Freeman. 

Actually a W is all you need to know about his first start.

Btw, completion % for McNabb and Eli their first year - 48%.

Thanks to special teams.  I predict that this message board will turn on Freeman before week 12.

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

kouki s14

Starter

#61 : November 12, 2009, 12:29:26 PM

He also threw three touchdowns, yeah they were on a short field but he still threw touchdowns and not ints or incompletions when his teem needed it and how many of our qbs this year threw three touchdowns this year.  None of this matters to you because I guess you hat the kid for no good reason.

He actually had 2 INT's.  One was called back thanks to the refs.  His 45% completion rate really says all you need to know about Freeman.  

No he had one the INT came because the defender held the receiver he was throwing to. Why are you trying to downplay what he did yea his completion %  wasn't good but it was his first start how can you not be optimistic about his play is beyond me.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#62 : November 12, 2009, 12:35:00 PM

I predict that this message board will turn on Freeman before week 12.

Just the haters who have been dogging him since he was drafted.

Go check out stats for McNabb and Eli manning year 1. Not pretty.

It's gonna take time for Freeman too - but he has the ability.

stufftherun55

Starter

#63 : November 12, 2009, 12:36:56 PM

He also threw three touchdowns, yeah they were on a short field but he still threw touchdowns and not ints or incompletions when his teem needed it and how many of our qbs this year threw three touchdowns this year.  None of this matters to you because I guess you hat the kid for no good reason.

He actually had 2 INT's.  One was called back thanks to the refs.  His 45% completion rate really says all you need to know about Freeman.  

No he had one the INT came because the defender held the receiver he was throwing to. Why are you trying to downplay what he did yea his completion %  wasn't good but it was his first start how can you not be optimistic about his play is beyond me.

Did you watch the game?  Either way, please go rewatch it.  Watch him sailing passes over his running back heads.  He reminded me so much of Jamarcus Russell.  How can you get so upset about my critique of Josh Freeman?  Maybe you're related, I do not know.  Sorry if I've hurt your feelings Mrs. Freeman.  

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

Madman

Hall of Famer
#64 : November 12, 2009, 12:40:26 PM

Did you watch the game?  Either way, please go rewatch it.  Watch him sailing passes over his running back heads.  He reminded me so much of Jamarcus Russell.  How can you get so upset about my critique of Josh Freeman?  Maybe you're related, I do not know.  Sorry if I've hurt your feelings Mrs. Freeman.  

Freeman had an 83 QB rating is his first start EVER. Higher than Matt Ryan's QB rating for the year I might add.

Heard Chris Landry on FOX radio last night with a glowing review of Freeman's game.

Anyone not happy with that debut is either unrealistic or just plain hating.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#65 : November 12, 2009, 12:44:23 PM

because if you take away the 14 points from Tanards INT and Rondes punt block return then its a whole different game. Macks InT to the 10 yard line and Peanuts kick return to the 15  gave The Offense the chance to win the game. Josh only had 2 decent drives down the field. he played decent but nowhere good enough to validate his "Franchise " status  lets see how he plays against the Saints and the Falcons. I will say this though, that game did give me more confidence than I had in him. The fact that he kept his eyes down field when scrambling was awesome. and if he didnt over throw Claytonby a foot on that one scramble play the INT never happens. overall im pleased, but not convinced

kouki s14

Starter

#66 : November 12, 2009, 12:59:15 PM

How

Freeman had an 83 QB rating is his first start EVER. Higher than Matt Ryan's QB rating for the year I might add.

Heard Chris Landry on FOX radio last night with a glowing review of Freeman's game.

Anyone not happy with that debut is either unrealistic or just plain hating.

lol how do I sound like you hurt my feelings, im just trying to understand your hate for the kid.

kouki s14

Starter

#67 : November 12, 2009, 01:05:00 PM

because if you take away the 14 points from Tanards INT and Rondes punt block return then its a whole different game. Macks InT to the 10 yard line and Peanuts kick return to the 15  gave The Offense the chance to win the game. Josh only had 2 decent drives down the field. he played decent but nowhere good enough to validate his "Franchise " status  lets see how he plays against the Saints and the Falcons. I will say this though, that game did give me more confidence than I had in him. The fact that he kept his eyes down field when scrambling was awesome. and if he didnt over throw Claytonby a foot on that one scramble play the INT never happens. overall im pleased, but not convinced
The INT was erased because of the penalty all those other plays happened with no penalties so you cant take them away from the game. I just don't understand how anybody could be disappointed by Freemans performance unless you expected Peyton or  Brady type of numbers. I'm pretty sure he played much better than most people expectations.

TBsports55

Starter

#68 : November 12, 2009, 02:09:59 PM

What about Freemans 76 yard drive for the game winning touchdown. Yes our defense and special teams stepped it up, but Talib had 3 INT vs the Redskins, yet Josh Johnson was not able to drive them, infact he handed the ball off with less then 2 min, which was fumbled. Freeman missed some passes yes, but also there was at least three drops from the RB in the game, and a drop during the 2 point conversion. Freeman made plays, did what was needed to win. Got sacked only once, and only one INT. I think be played very well, if not better than Rogers. OH and he also had 28 fantasy points, as Matt Ryan had 9, and Flacco had 1 (ESPN league)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#69 : November 12, 2009, 03:09:59 PM

There's no way they are gonna tie up $60 or 70 million in two QB's and one of them not being used, I don't remember any franchise ever doing that in this era.

Closest was probably SD drafting Rivers when they had Brees.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#70 : November 14, 2009, 07:27:00 PM

if we are looking for a development type 3rd stringer in the latter rounds then Sean Canfield of Oregon State wouldn't be a bad one.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#71 : November 15, 2009, 12:25:13 AM

The Bucs will go defense with the first couple of picks if they're smart, and I see ZERO chance of them taking a QB in the draft at all next year.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is drafting another quarterback out of the question? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools