Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman interview by the enemy. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 12, 2009, 04:02:40 PM

I thought the knock on him coming out of Kansas was his passing accuracy.  I do not remember anyone ever saying an NFL team should not draft Josh Freeman because he didn't use the right cliches when talking to the press.  The passing accuracy knock, 45% against the Packers, looks to be spot on though. 

Since you like to quote the completion % so much, maybe you should look at what McNabb and Eli did their rookie year.

Eli Manning 9 games 6 TDs 48%
D. McNabb 12 games 8 TDs 49%

The second year, both improved their completion % dramatically. Might want to give Freeman a chance.

Well Bruce Gradkowski completed 54% his first year.   I don't know that he ever improved and I don't know that Freeman ever will either.   
Bruce Gradkowski averaged 5.1 yards per throw. Freeman is averaging over 12 yards per throw. So naturally, Grads will have higher completion % based on the style of offense he's in. Completion % is a horrible way to determine how accurate someone really is. The right answer is the given eye-ball test. For an example, Jamarcus Russell's numbers reflect how bad he has been playing. Seeing some games on Russell, it's true...Freeman comparison has no merit. Thus stop bringing up Gradkowski. We can all agree that Freeman has inconsistencies with his accuracy like most young QB's do. Some throws he make that are beautiful while others he under throws ands puts the ball in a tough location for a WR to make a play.

How about when Freeman couldn't hit his running back on a 5 yard pass out of the back field.  What does that say about his accuracy? 

It doesn't say anything as of right now.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 12, 2009, 04:07:13 PM

There is also a nice article in SI about the Bucs win and Freeman

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 12, 2009, 04:40:45 PM

I thought the knock on him coming out of Kansas was his passing accuracy.  I do not remember anyone ever saying an NFL team should not draft Josh Freeman because he didn't use the right cliches when talking to the press.  The passing accuracy knock, 45% against the Packers, looks to be spot on though. 

Since you like to quote the completion % so much, maybe you should look at what McNabb and Eli did their rookie year.

The second year, both improved their completion % dramatically. Might want to give Freeman a chance.

Well Bruce Gradkowski completed 54% his first year.   I don't know that he ever improved and I don't know that Freeman ever will either.   
Bruce Gradkowski averaged 5.1 yards per throw. Freeman is averaging over 12 yards per throw. So naturally, Grads will have higher completion % based on the style of offense he's in. Completion % is a horrible way to determine how accurate someone really is. The right answer is the given eye-ball test. For an example, Jamarcus Russell's numbers reflect how bad he has been playing. Seeing some games on Russell, it's true...Freeman comparison has no merit. Thus stop bringing up Gradkowski. We can all agree that Freeman has inconsistencies with his accuracy like most young QB's do. Some throws he make that are beautiful while others he under throws ands puts the ball in a tough location for a WR to make a play.

How about when Freeman couldn't hit his running back on a 5 yard pass out of the back field.  What does that say about his accuracy? 
So one incomplete pass which was a touch pass(he applied too mustard) is your final judgment on his accuracy? Thanks for that incoherent statement.

PS, the ball hit Caddy in the hands. Was it a tough catch? Absolutely but he still at least gave him a shot to make a play on the ball. I can see if Freeman's throw was over his head and his hands couldn't get anywhere near the ball. That may be worth pointing out. That wasn't the case so drop it.

OldPirate

Practice Squad

#18 : November 13, 2009, 09:04:26 AM

How about when Freeman, rolling to his left, hit K2 in stride for a 16 yard pick up?  How about when Freeman drilled a post route to Stovall for 20+ yards?  How about a game winning strike to SS in the corner of the endzone?  Yep, horrible inaccuracy for a rookie!  And of course, there were no drop balls.  There were no throwaways.  [banghead]

I thought the knock on him coming out of Kansas was his passing accuracy. I do not remember anyone ever saying an NFL team should not draft Josh Freeman because he didn't use the right cliches when talking to the press. The passing accuracy knock, 45% against the Packers, looks to be spot on though.

Well Bruce Gradkowski completed 54% his first year. I don't know that he ever improved and I don't know that Freeman ever will either.

How about when Freeman couldn't hit his running back on a 5 yard pass out of the back field. What does that say about his accuracy?

burger40

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 13, 2009, 07:18:16 PM

look if you want high percentage QB we can draft colt mccoy and have him complete 70 percent of his passes with none being longer than 3 yards downfield. Nobody wants that, Freeman's accuracy should continue to improve and having a QB who can make the downfield throws is super important.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 13, 2009, 10:34:21 PM

I don't care what Freeman's completion percentage is as long as he connects on the one's that make 1st downs and the one's that score. I grew weary of the 3yd pass and punts and the red zone field goal attempts of the past.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 13, 2009, 10:39:21 PM

I thought the knock on him coming out of Kansas was his passing accuracy. I do not remember anyone ever saying an NFL team should not draft Josh Freeman because he didn't use the right cliches when talking to the press. The passing accuracy knock, 45% against the Packers, looks to be spot on though.

Well Bruce Gradkowski completed 54% his first year. I don't know that he ever improved and I don't know that Freeman ever will either.

How about when Freeman couldn't hit his running back on a 5 yard pass out of the back field. What does that say about his accuracy?

ya you are right....oh wait didn't he throw a TD pass to K2? What about when he hit DW for that TD? Oh and let's not forget that beautiful pass to Sammie, for the win. MC80 for the two point conversion? 205 3 TD and 1 INT in his first start? Ya terrible accuracy it was definately evident. Hater.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman interview by the enemy. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools