Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: good story on winslow « previous next »
Page: 1

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: November 14, 2009, 09:34:34 PM

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/tampa-bay-buccaneers-tight-end-kellen-winslow-defying-perceptions/1051845

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 14, 2009, 09:41:54 PM

"We're going to be d--- good," he says. "It just takes time. We didn't think we were going to be 1-7 when we came in, but there is just a lot of positive energy around here. It's really because of Rah (Morris). He's going to get us there."

I've been hard on Rah. Even though the times have been hard, I haven't heard anyone putting anything out like "we were out coached" or anything related to bad coaching.

I loved the Winslow trade the day it happened and it's quotes like these that reinforce the idea..

To understand Winslow, perhaps you should start with his expectations. After all, tight end is a family profession around the Winslow home. That's why Winslow wears pads during those practices when it is not required, why he runs plays with the scout team after practice is over, why he seems almost obsessive about playing the position.

"As soon as I saw that, I smiled," Winslow says. "I knew that was going to create mismatches for someone else."

I hope when this offense gels and we get more stability all around. Everyone including K2 can settle, become comfortable and produce like we all know he is cappable of.

"I love this game, man. More than anybody. I was born into this. I see my dad (former Charger Kellen Winslow Sr., a Hall of Famer) as this god figure when I was growing up, and that's what I wanted to be like. Ever since I can remember, since I was 4 or 5, this is what I've wanted to do."

"I want to be the best," he says. "Plain and simple. That's why I play the game. That's what I've always wanted to do. Play tight end. Be better than my dad.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#2 : November 14, 2009, 09:58:48 PM

I was excited when we traded for K2. He has always been on of my favorite players, one of those guys i would be like "dang, i wish he played for the bucs". People always gave him a bad rap saying he had attitude probelms, but they guy just wants to win. K2, has been playing very well for us. Esp. considering bad QB play, and bad wideout play most games. Hopefully sammi/stovall can step up, that would open up things for K2 even more.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#3 : November 14, 2009, 10:43:00 PM

I was excited when we traded for K2. He has always been on of my favorite players, one of those guys i would be like "dang, i wish he played for the bucs". People always gave him a bad rap saying he had attitude probelms, but they guy just wants to win. K2, has been playing very well for us. Esp. considering bad QB play, and bad wideout play most games. Hopefully sammi/stovall can step up, that would open up things for K2 even more.

K2 has really been a key player this year. It is too bad that the team has fared so poorly this year despite his contributions.

TBsports55

Starter

#4 : November 14, 2009, 10:47:31 PM

Thanks for posting this, great read.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#5 : November 14, 2009, 11:22:40 PM

I hope we get better in the next couple of years because i want to see him make some big plays in some big games.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 15, 2009, 01:30:58 AM

"He couldn't even get the plays out six or seven weeks ago."

Just something worth noting to those who think Freeman should have started day 1. He did what he did against Green Bay because we saved him from humiliation and putting him in before he was ready. Now that he's got a lot of the study knowledge down, we get to see if he's able to put it all together on the field, as he did last Sunday. I really can't stress patience enough, because we're still going to have quite a bit of losing to deal with down the road.

drywallbuc

Starter

#7 : November 15, 2009, 11:18:40 AM

Thanks for posting this, great read.
whole thread

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 15, 2009, 12:50:51 PM

Great read this morning in the TT for a change.  Everyone is saying there is no leadership on the team, but I noticed even before this article more and more comments from K2.  Looks as if he's getting comfortable and stepping up.

Can you guys help me out.  I dont know what the 'soldier' reference is about??

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: good story on winslow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools