Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lou Dobbs to quit CNN « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: November 11, 2009, 07:16:16 PM

CNN is a sinking ship....

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/lou-dobbs-to-depart-cnn/

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 11, 2009, 07:17:39 PM

He fits in better at Fox anyway.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 11, 2009, 07:32:54 PM

I wonder if he was asked to leave and this is the official story.  It seems he was the most far right person on there.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 11, 2009, 07:42:26 PM

I wonder if he was asked to leave and this is the official story.  It seems he was the most far right person on there.

He's not really far right. He's to the right on immigration but he's a real protectionist as well. He's much more of a straight up populist than anything else.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : November 12, 2009, 08:49:59 AM

Sinking ship? CNN's legitimacy as a news organization just went up. This guy Dobbs was trying to emulate the odd-ball psychos on other networks (Beck and Chris Matthews come to mind). He was better off just reporting financial news.

Glad to see him go

- hopefully to Fox.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 12, 2009, 10:04:31 AM

Sinking ship?

Yeah, sinking ship.  Their ratings suck, and continue to drop.  Hell, you even apparently was Fox for big news stories.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-closes-out-october-off-the-list-of-top-30-cable-channels/

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 12, 2009, 11:32:20 AM

Sinking ship? CNN's legitimacy as a news organization just went up. This guy Dobbs was trying to emulate the odd-ball psychos on other networks (Beck and Chris Matthews come to mind). He was better off just reporting financial news.

CNN ratings have dropped even below MSNBC within the last year. And Lou Dobbs was their biggest draw. So the ratings will drop even more now.

Name one person on CNN who is fair? Larry King is a bore because he can't seem to ask any difficult question. Campbell Brown is a huge leftist. Wolf Blitzer is a leftist. Anderson Cooper is a leftist. James Carville and Paul Begala are leftists. At least MSNBC has Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchannon once in a while. CNN has no one moderate or on the right.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 12, 2009, 12:17:14 PM

I don't care about ratings.  Beck and O'Reilly's antics bring ratings.  These are sideshow acts - sort of what the NY Post is to journalism - maybe the National Enquirer.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 12, 2009, 12:32:05 PM

Hey, dips3ht, why not do us all a favor and get rid of the super huge signature?

Awwwww, da wittle baby got his feewings hurt because he, yet again, stuck his giant foot in his giant mouth and has to call people namey-wameys.

You never fail to disappoint, and I will keep my sig for the solitary purpose of pissing you off.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 13, 2009, 12:11:09 AM

You know there may be a direct correlation with the declining ratings of CNN with their emphasis on viewer feedback?  Who wants to watch a news network that asks viewers all the time about their opinions from the internet?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 13, 2009, 04:48:13 PM

Normally I don't pay attention to viewer polls - no matter what network posts them - because they're usually one-sided depending on the slant of the particular network: left or rightwinger.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 14, 2009, 09:38:50 AM

I don't care about ratings.  Beck and O'Reilly's antics bring ratings.  These are sideshow acts - sort of what the NY Post is to journalism - maybe the National Enquirer.
How can you leave out the NY Times if one is listing insults to journalism - hell they own the world record for plagiarism and disingenuous content - let alone allowing publishing content harmful to the Country. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

white dragon

Practice Squad

#12 : November 15, 2009, 08:49:24 AM

who the hell watches these news stations anyways? None of them are based on objectivity anymore. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 15, 2009, 10:16:54 AM

who the hell watches these news stations anyways? None of them are based on objectivity anymore. 
And how do you get your information on what is happening the in the World?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 15, 2009, 10:47:23 AM

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lou Dobbs to quit CNN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools