Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Erik Ainge « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: October 24, 2007, 04:20:24 PM

Tebow would have had 5 passing TD's if K. Moore and C. Ingram wouldn't have dropped consecutive balls.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#1 : October 24, 2007, 04:04:27 PM

Childish name calling???

Sorry didn't mean to step on your man-love for Tebow.

You got proved wrong and that's all there is to it. You didn't answer my question, Mr. Mature non-name caller, What games have you watched Tebow play this year? Because you are showing a simple case of ignorance and if you would just admit it and move on, we can get over this. Because like I said earlier, either you are ignorant to Tebow's ability because you have just seen highlights and not actually watched him play or you are a really bad judge of talent.

Which one is it?

Ok man, step back from the ledge....its OK....we'll get you that help...

#2 : October 24, 2007, 03:56:31 PM

nm

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 24, 2007, 04:02:13 PM

Childish name calling???

Sorry didn't mean to step on your man-love for Tebow.

You got proved wrong and that's all there is to it.  You didn't answer my question, Mr. Mature non-name caller, What games have you watched Tebow play this year?  Because you are showing a simple case of ignorance and if you would just admit it and move on, we can get over this.  Because like I said earlier, either you are ignorant to Tebow's ability because you have just seen highlights and not actually watched him play or you are a really bad judge of talent.

Which one is it?

BucfaninDC

Starter

#4 : October 24, 2007, 04:02:41 PM

BucFaninDC,

Tebow doesn't call his own plays, bossman. If he is told to run the ball, then he runs it.

The two losses were not his fault...it was the young defense.

All those defensive listings are great...you are right, the SEC sucks. It has nothing to do with the other Offenses in the SEC.

You are a moron if you think that Tim Tebow is a rushing QB like Vick. I will refer you to FRG's post:

Michael Vick was a career 56.5% passer in college and averaged 14.22 pass attempts per game. Vick only threw 20 touchdowns passes in his two seasons.

Through 7 games this season Tebow is at 66.1% and has averaged 24.86 passes per game. He has 11 touchdown passes against the 5 SEC teams Florida has played (17 total).

If you ask me Tebow compares much more favorably to Vince Young who as a junior completed passes at a 65.2% rate, averaged 25 pass attempts per game, and threw 26 touchdowns. Against way harder competition than the old Big East while Miami was on probation.

And I can tell that you are a Big 10 fan because they are MOSTLY idiots and you have proved yourself to be one of them, being as you cannot listen to logic.

So tell me, what games have you watched Tebow play this year?

Wow, you seem to be taking this whole 'me not thinking Tebow will be a good NFL QB' really to heart, aren't you?  Are you Tebow?  If so, sorry man, didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.  

If you're not Tebow, then I would suspect you aren't over the age of 20.  Because most can have back and forth disagreeing conversation without resorting to childish name calling.  If you are over 20, then I hope, for your employers sake, your people skills on the job are better than what you show here.  I guess they would be as long as someone doesn't bring up Tebow in a bad light.

How many times have you watched the Gators this year??

You didnt answer his question

You too?  Didn't know my opinion about Tebow meant that much to you, but ok.  I saw him twice this year, LSU and Kentucky.  He didn't look good in the LSU game, looked hesitant and completed less than half his passes.  Against Kentucky, he looked good.  But was outshined by, IMO, a better QB....Andre Woodson.  

That's to answer you last post of 'name me 1 QB better than Tebow'......Andre Woodson.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#5 : October 24, 2007, 03:54:53 PM

BucFaninDC,

Tebow doesn't call his own plays, bossman. If he is told to run the ball, then he runs it.

The two losses were not his fault...it was the young defense.

All those defensive listings are great...you are right, the SEC sucks. It has nothing to do with the other Offenses in the SEC.

You are a moron if you think that Tim Tebow is a rushing QB like Vick. I will refer you to FRG's post:

Michael Vick was a career 56.5% passer in college and averaged 14.22 pass attempts per game. Vick only threw 20 touchdowns passes in his two seasons.

Through 7 games this season Tebow is at 66.1% and has averaged 24.86 passes per game. He has 11 touchdown passes against the 5 SEC teams Florida has played (17 total).

If you ask me Tebow compares much more favorably to Vince Young who as a junior completed passes at a 65.2% rate, averaged 25 pass attempts per game, and threw 26 touchdowns. Against way harder competition than the old Big East while Miami was on probation.

And I can tell that you are a Big 10 fan because they are MOSTLY idiots and you have proved yourself to be one of them, being as you cannot listen to logic.

So tell me, what games have you watched Tebow play this year?

Wow, you seem to be taking this whole 'me not thinking Tebow will be a good NFL QB' really to heart, aren't you?  Are you Tebow?  If so, sorry man, didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.  

If you're not Tebow, then I would suspect you aren't over the age of 20.  Because most can have back and forth disagreeing conversation without resorting to childish name calling.  If you are over 20, then I hope, for your employers sake, your people skills on the job are better than what you show here.  I guess they would be as long as someone doesn't bring up Tebow in a bad light.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 24, 2007, 03:27:41 PM

Alex Smith ran the same offense at Utah...and he is doing great in San Fran
Are you sure about that?

Yes, he is the Tavaris Jackson of Awesome.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 24, 2007, 03:25:55 PM

Losing Norv Turner hurt Alex Smith this year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 24, 2007, 03:21:26 PM

Are you sure about that?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#9 : October 24, 2007, 03:19:14 PM

If you are talking strictly at the college level, then I could agree with you. Tebow does what he needs to do to win games. But if you are an NFL team looking for a QB in the draft and Dixon and Tebow are left on the board, Tebow isn't even a consideration.
Seriously? What does Tebow lack for the NFL game? Size? No. Arm? No. Toughness? No. Accuracy? No. Ability to read coverages? No. Mobility? No.

I don't know what you are talking about BucFaninDC...Tebow can throw the ball very well.

Let's compare him to Alex Smith...Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Better Arm and possibly MORE accurate.

I would love to see him wearing a Buccaneer uniform in a few years.

Sorry didn't mean to step on your man-love for Tebow. As of this moment, I don't see Tebow's game transferring into NFL success. They run a good number of run plays with Tebow b/c as you mentioned he is big and fast. But that type of game plan doesn't translate into the NFL well. Falcons tried it with Vick last year, and yeah he got over 1000 yards rushing, but it didn't translate into wins and got the head coach fired.

And no, I'm not comparing Tebow to Vick. I'm comparing the play calling of Florida to the Falcons of last year. A good number of run plays using the QB. It's working very well for Florida, and Tebow is obviously very good at running it. But, IMO, I don't see him transitioning into an NFL QB where the majority of the time he will need to sit in the pocket and read the defense.
Maybe time will change that, who knows.

Look, Tebow runs a lot because Florida has ZERO runningbacks...once Moody gets into the fold next year you will see more of Tebow the QB without much of the option and bootlegs

Tebow has THROWN

115 for 174 for 1,711 yards 66.1% completion percentage

he has a QB rating of 177.48

AS A SOPHOMORE

C'mon guys take the hater glasses off...the kid is a FREAK

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 24, 2007, 03:19:09 PM

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#11 : October 24, 2007, 03:10:25 PM

I used to work in Knoxville. Ainge is overrated. He implodes in the big games. He puts up good numbers but I don't think he's going to be a good NFL QB. I could be wrong and I have before, but I just think he's over hyped.

That's what they said about Peyton Manning when he was there too.  Couldn't get Tennessee to the 'big dance'.  The year after he left, Tennessee won the National Championship with Tee Martin.  

Whose the better NFL QB?

Very good point, but I agree with the other guy. 2 big name QBs that Im not a fan of at all are Ainge and Chad Henne even though Im sure theyll be hyped to death before the draft

I follow the Big Ten, I was never impressed with Henne, I agree that he will be over-hyped going into the draft, but I don't think he will be that good of QB.  Of course, almost everyone thought Tom Brady was not that good a QB at Michigan either, and thought his game wouldn't translate into the NFL.   Hmmm....hate to be wrong on Henne.

I did watch the Tenn/Cal game earlier in the year and was impressed with Ainge's play.  No interceptions, 3 TDs.  Yeah the team lost, but he showed a lot poise and good pocket awareness against a good Cal team.  I'm not saying he is worth a 1st round pick, but if he is there in the 3rd round, I say definitely take him, and even consider him in the 2nd.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : October 24, 2007, 03:09:01 PM

Henne sucks. He'll never make it in the NFL. Barely gets by at Michigan with tons of talent.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 24, 2007, 03:09:55 PM

If you are talking strictly at the college level, then I could agree with you. Tebow does what he needs to do to win games. But if you are an NFL team looking for a QB in the draft and Dixon and Tebow are left on the board, Tebow isn't even a consideration.
Seriously? What does Tebow lack for the NFL game? Size? No. Arm? No. Toughness? No. Accuracy? No. Ability to read coverages? No. Mobility? No.

I don't know what you are talking about BucFaninDC...Tebow can throw the ball very well.

Let's compare him to Alex Smith...Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Better Arm and possibly MORE accurate.

Sorry didn't mean to step on your man-love for Tebow.  As of this moment, I don't see Tebow's game transferring into NFL success.  They run a good number of run plays with Tebow b/c as you mentioned he is big and fast.  But that type of game plan doesn't translate into the NFL well.  Falcons tried it with Vick last year, and yeah he got over 1000 yards rushing, but it didn't translate into wins and got the head coach fired.

And no, I'm not comparing Tebow to Vick.  I'm comparing the play calling of Florida to the Falcons of last year.  A good number of run plays using the QB.  It's working very well for Florida, and Tebow is obviously very good at running it.  But, IMO, I don't see him transitioning into an NFL QB where the majority of the time he will need to sit in the pocket and read the defense. 
Maybe time will change that, who knows. 

I'm glad you picked up on my "man-love" for Tebow by me saying that he is better than Dixon and Alex Smith.  I guess I have man-love for many QB's then.

Anyways, back to proving you wrong, Tebow is leading the country in QB Rating (177.48) by a large margin.  That bodes pretty well for reading defenses and being accurate with the football.  Completion percentage is 66.1%.  That's pretty good on most accounts.  The guy is a complete QB, not a running QB who can throw and for someone to say that he wouldn't even be in consideration over Dennis Dixon tells me that you either haven't been watching him play the games or you just don't have any idea what you are talking about.

But, I do understand that is your opinion...so I can agree to disagree.  Do you stand by the statement:  "But if you are an NFL team looking for a QB in the draft and Dixon and Tebow are left on the board, Tebow isn't even a consideration."

#14 : October 24, 2007, 03:12:59 PM

So would Bruce Allen...he has mentioned it many times over

The guy is instinctive
plays on a big stage
is Mobile
a leader on and off the field ( does mission trips)
Has a great deep ball
The guy makes ZERO errors

Gruden would absolutly drool over this kid if he was here
Many people who are critical of Tebow have probably never watched him play very much
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Erik Ainge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools