Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Erik Ainge « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 24, 2007, 04:17:13 PM

You too?  Didn't know my opinion about Tebow meant that much to you, but ok.  I saw him twice this year, LSU and Kentucky.  He didn't look good in the LSU game, looked hesitant and completed less than half his passes.  Against Kentucky, he looked good.  But was outshined by, IMO, a better QB....Andre Woodson. 

That's to answer you last post of 'name me 1 QB better than Tebow'......Andre Woodson.
In the game:

Woodson: 35-50, 415 yards, 8.3 YPA, 5 TD, 0 INT

Tebow: 18-26, 256 yards, 9.8 YPA, 4 TD, 0 INT, 1 rush TD

They were both outstanding. Woodson is 23 years old and was making his 33rd career start. Tebow is 20 years old and was making his 7th career start. Where do you think Tebow will be with another 25 starts?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#16 : October 24, 2007, 03:01:03 PM

I used to work in Knoxville. Ainge is overrated. He implodes in the big games. He puts up good numbers but I don't think he's going to be a good NFL QB. I could be wrong and I have before, but I just think he's over hyped.

That's what they said about Peyton Manning when he was there too.  Couldn't get Tennessee to the 'big dance'.  The year after he left, Tennessee won the National Championship with Tee Martin. 

Whose the better NFL QB?

Very good point, but I agree with the other guy. 2 big name QBs that Im not a fan of at all are Ainge and Chad Henne even though Im sure theyll be hyped to death before the draft

BucfaninDC

Starter

#17 : October 24, 2007, 03:30:11 PM

I'm glad you picked up on my "man-love" for Tebow by me saying that he is better than Dixon and Alex Smith. I guess I have man-love for many QB's then.

You said it, not me.

Anyways, back to proving you wrong, Tebow is leading the country in QB Rating (177.48) by a large margin. That bodes pretty well for reading defenses and being accurate with the football. Completion percentage is 66.1%. That's pretty good on most accounts. The guy is a complete QB, not a running QB who can throw and for someone to say that he wouldn't even be in consideration over Dennis Dixon tells me that you either haven't been watching him play the games or you just don't have any idea what you are talking about.

If you want to bring up statistics:
W. Kentucky  - #37 ranked defense
Troy - #67
Tennessee - #94
Mississippi - #80
Auburn - #15
LSU - #6
Kentucky - #74

The only time he faced a top 20 defense (Auburn, LSU) resulted in losses.  Also, in 7 games Tebow has 175 pass attempts, and leads the team with 125 rushing attempts.  The next closest rusher has 74 attempts.  In the NFL, when your QB leads your team in rushing attempts, that is not a "complete QB", that is a rushing QB like Vick.  Or that is your offensive line is just plain awful and your QB is constantly running for his life.

But, I do understand that is your opinion...so I can agree to disagree. Do you stand by the statement: "But if you are an NFL team looking for a QB in the draft and Dixon and Tebow are left on the board, Tebow isn't even a consideration."

As of right now, yes, I would not consider Tebow for my NFL team to play QB.  

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 24, 2007, 03:40:07 PM

If you want to bring up statistics:
W. Kentucky  - #37 ranked defense
Troy - #67
Tennessee - #94
Mississippi - #80
Auburn - #15
LSU - #6
Kentucky - #74

The only time he faced a top 20 defense (Auburn, LSU) resulted in losses.  Also, in 7 games Tebow has 175 pass attempts, and leads the team with 125 rushing attempts.  The next closest rusher has 74 attempts.  In the NFL, when your QB leads your team in rushing attempts, that is not a "complete QB", that is a rushing QB like Vick.  Or that is your offensive line is just plain awful and your QB is constantly running for his life.
In those two losses Tebow went 32-53 for 359 yards, 3 TDs, and 2 INTs. The two losses were by a combined 7 points. Who cares if he is the leading rusher? Is there anything that says a NFL team couldn't just have him run 5-6 times and have him pass if he doesn't hand it off?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 24, 2007, 01:11:35 PM

About the games played thing...there are exceptions to every rule.
I believe it's for QBs selected in the first two rounds who are all seen as having the tools to compete. After you get past there it's a total crapshoot.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#20 : October 24, 2007, 01:11:55 PM

Well I am glad you feel so positively about what Gruden can do with a young QB despite him having no track record of actually doing it.

You know what he DOES have a record of?  Taking QBs that don't work in other systems and turning them into winners.  See: Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, and Brian Greise.

Old QBs. Name one he drafted and developed.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 24, 2007, 03:37:05 PM

BucFaninDC,

Tebow doesn't call his own plays, bossman.  If he is told to run the ball, then he runs it.

The two losses were not his fault...it was the young defense.

All those defensive listings are great...you are right, the SEC sucks.  It has nothing to do with the other Offenses in the SEC.

You are a moron if you think that Tim Tebow is a rushing QB like Vick.  I will refer you to FRG's post:

Michael Vick was a career 56.5% passer in college and averaged 14.22 pass attempts per game. Vick only threw 20 touchdowns passes in his two seasons.

Through 7 games this season Tebow is at 66.1% and has averaged 24.86 passes per game. He has 11 touchdown passes against the 5 SEC teams Florida has played (17 total).

If you ask me Tebow compares much more favorably to Vince Young who as a junior completed passes at a 65.2% rate, averaged 25 pass attempts per game, and threw 26 touchdowns. Against way harder competition than the old Big East while Miami was on probation.

And I can tell that you are a Big 10 fan because they are MOSTLY idiots and you have proved yourself to be one of them, being as you cannot listen to logic.

So tell me, what games have you watched Tebow play this year?

BucfaninDC

Starter

#22 : October 24, 2007, 02:55:57 PM

If you are talking strictly at the college level, then I could agree with you. Tebow does what he needs to do to win games. But if you are an NFL team looking for a QB in the draft and Dixon and Tebow are left on the board, Tebow isn't even a consideration.
Seriously? What does Tebow lack for the NFL game? Size? No. Arm? No. Toughness? No. Accuracy? No. Ability to read coverages? No. Mobility? No.

I don't know what you are talking about BucFaninDC...Tebow can throw the ball very well.

Let's compare him to Alex Smith...Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Better Arm and possibly MORE accurate.

I would love to see him wearing a Buccaneer uniform in a few years.

Sorry didn't mean to step on your man-love for Tebow.  As of this moment, I don't see Tebow's game transferring into NFL success.  They run a good number of run plays with Tebow b/c as you mentioned he is big and fast.  But that type of game plan doesn't translate into the NFL well.  Falcons tried it with Vick last year, and yeah he got over 1000 yards rushing, but it didn't translate into wins and got the head coach fired.

And no, I'm not comparing Tebow to Vick.  I'm comparing the play calling of Florida to the Falcons of last year.  A good number of run plays using the QB.  It's working very well for Florida, and Tebow is obviously very good at running it.  But, IMO, I don't see him transitioning into an NFL QB where the majority of the time he will need to sit in the pocket and read the defense. 
Maybe time will change that, who knows. 

#23 : October 24, 2007, 03:50:26 PM

For those that have NOT seen much of Tebow here is a great video...from this year's games only

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l6BOEqqSiBI

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 24, 2007, 11:03:17 AM

Tebow is an interesting qb - somedays I think I can see an NFL qb and other days ...  Let's see how he does as he evolves - and with the O Florida uses - it makes it harder than some other systems to project how it might turn out.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 24, 2007, 11:09:11 AM

If you are talking strictly at the college level, then I could agree with you. Tebow does what he needs to do to win games. But if you are an NFL team looking for a QB in the draft and Dixon and Tebow are left on the board, Tebow isn't even a consideration.
Seriously? What does Tebow lack for the NFL game? Size? No. Arm? No. Toughness? No. Accuracy? No. Ability to read coverages? No. Mobility? No.

I don't know what you are talking about BucFaninDC...Tebow can throw the ball very well.

Let's compare him to Alex Smith...Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Better Arm and possibly MORE accurate.

I would love to see him wearing a Buccaneer uniform in a few years.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 24, 2007, 10:53:54 AM

BucfaninDC

Starter

#27 : October 24, 2007, 10:47:42 AM

does anyone know where Dennis Dixon is projected? Just curious

I was looking at a mock draft last night and this guy had us picking Jonathan Stewart in the first round and Dennis Dixon in the third round.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

How do you like that OregonBucFan?

well taking probably a QB that is playing better then anyone in the country. With a RB who avgs over 7 YPG would be a good thing

I know you are an Oregon fan, but I will take Tebow over Dixon everyday of the week.

If you are talking strictly at the college level, then I could agree with you.  Tebow does what he needs to do to win games.  But if you are an NFL team looking for a QB in the draft and Dixon and Tebow are left on the board, Tebow isn't even a consideration.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#28 : October 24, 2007, 10:42:09 AM

I used to work in Knoxville. Ainge is overrated. He implodes in the big games. He puts up good numbers but I don't think he's going to be a good NFL QB. I could be wrong and I have before, but I just think he's over hyped.

That's what they said about Peyton Manning when he was there too.  Couldn't get Tennessee to the 'big dance'.  The year after he left, Tennessee won the National Championship with Tee Martin. 

Whose the better NFL QB?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 24, 2007, 03:31:24 PM

Losing Norv Turner hurt Alex Smith this year.

Not as much as getting his shoulder seperated.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Erik Ainge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools