Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Erik Ainge « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : October 24, 2007, 08:20:14 AM

http://www.erikaingeonline.com/

Gives you a little more in depth anaylsis

Up to date career stats (up to BAMA)

577 FOR 947 =61%PASSER

6,975 yards

54 touchdowns 29 interceptions

Passer rating average 129.1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 24, 2007, 08:27:54 AM

The small world is my mom dated Eriks uncle Danny in high school, my mom knows Eriks dad very well but hasnt talked to him in years

#32 : October 24, 2007, 09:06:42 AM

The small world is my mom dated Eriks uncle Danny in high school, my mom knows Eriks dad very well but hasnt talked to him in years

OBF do you think Erik has the tools for this offense?

I like the guy's grit and willingness to improve...he has become more patient this year going through his check downs and dumping passes off instead of trying to thread needles like he did in the past.

He also throws the ball away when there is nothing there. IMO he is probably one of the more pro ready guys aside from Woodson

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 24, 2007, 09:26:28 AM

does anyone know where Dennis Dixon is projected? Just curious

I was looking at a mock draft last night and this guy had us picking Jonathan Stewart in the first round and Dennis Dixon in the third round.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

How do you like that OregonBucFan?

well taking probably a QB that is playing better then anyone in the country. With a RB who avgs over 7 YPG would be a good thing

I know you are an Oregon fan, but I will take Tebow over Dixon everyday of the week.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 24, 2007, 01:43:22 AM

I was looking at a mock draft last night and this guy had us picking Jonathan Stewart in the first round and Dennis Dixon in the third round.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

How do you like that OregonBucFan?

well taking probably a QB that is playing better then anyone in the country. With a RB who avgs over 7 YPG would be a good thing

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 24, 2007, 01:45:17 AM

If Dixon is the Oregon QB, I believe he signed a contract to play baseball already so he won't be in the draft.

Yes he will... already said if he will go to the NFL if he gets drafted. He only got part of his signing bonus in baseball... the rest will only come if he chooses baseball so he techincally has zero ties to baseball

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 24, 2007, 01:55:46 AM

1. When I watch him, he doesn't pass my eyeball test of what a NFL QB looks like.

2. He's going to have to fight a major stigma of Oregon/Tedford QBs. (I know Tedford never coached him.)

3. It appears as of right now he has only started 23 games. Recall during the draft last April there were lots of articles linking QB success to number of starts in college. 30 games seems to be the Mendoza line where guys who started less games than that stink and guys who started more turn out well, provided they had the physical tools to begin with.

1.  Why doesnt he pass your eye ball test? Only thing I can think of is his weight. The guy has the height and the arm

2. Tedford QB? Tedford been gone years ago. Oregon runs a totally different offense, then the offenses Tedford ran here at Oregon, and Cal.

3. Yeah he may not play 30 games... big deal. The thing that I like about is that he played baseball. The guys vision is unreal, hes mentally tough and hes learned from his mistakes. He has thrown 3 INT in a big pass offense.  He simply doesnt make mistakes. Compare his stats this year to last year and i believe the big difference is that he played baseball, made for a lot better vision. In the third round he would be a steal. But after the combines and this year I think he will climb fast like the QB he took over for Clemens.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#37 : October 23, 2007, 06:37:37 PM

Well I am glad you feel so positively about what Gruden can do with a young QB despite him having no track record of actually doing it.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 23, 2007, 05:28:49 PM

I used to work in Knoxville. Ainge is overrated. He implodes in the big games. He puts up good numbers but I don't think he's going to be a good NFL QB. I could be wrong and I have before, but I just think he's over hyped.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 23, 2007, 05:25:16 PM

Has Gruden ever picked a QB on the first day of the draft? I know Simms was picked 3rd round while he was the head coach, but wasn't really a pick he wanted, so I'm not counting him. Did he ever pick one in Oakland?

Curious, because if he hasn't done it in the past, if he does pick a QB first day next year, would signal that he is willing to groom a rookie as a franchise guy.

Pretty sure Tuiasopo (sp?) was a 1st day pick of Gruden's...

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#40 : October 23, 2007, 06:08:59 PM

If it takes you more than a year to learn the offense, as I have said before LEARN the offense, then it's too complicated. That doesn't mean know every in and out and play flawless football. Simms still doesn't know the freaking offense after 6 years.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 23, 2007, 12:08:14 PM

Also, if we are saying that Gruden's offense is so complicated that college QBs can't come in here and learn it in a year or so then that is the last straw with him in my opinion.

Then about 29 of the 32 HCs would be on your last straw.  Most QBs take a few years to learn NFL system. The top 4 QBs from this last drafted have yet to play a down.

Sure we could hire Wade Wilson or Ron Zook and have an offense that any QB could pick up quickly.  Of course, opposing Ds will pick it up even quicker.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#42 : October 23, 2007, 05:14:39 PM

Has Gruden ever picked a QB on the first day of the draft?  I know Simms was picked 3rd round while he was the head coach, but wasn't really a pick he wanted, so I'm not counting him.  Did he ever pick one in Oakland?

Curious, because if he hasn't done it in the past, if he does pick a QB first day next year, would signal that he is willing to groom a rookie as a franchise guy. 

#43 : October 23, 2007, 06:34:02 PM

I used to work in Knoxville. Ainge is overrated. He implodes in the big games. He puts up good numbers but I don't think he's going to be a good NFL QB. I could be wrong and I have before, but I just think he's over hyped.

I think sometimes (especially in big games) Its easy to say that you implode

Name me one QB that has been stellar in big games lately and then equates this to the NFL

Even Peyton Manning couldnt get past UF at Tennessee and never won a National Championship

However he had the physical tools and the mind that could be developed with the right coach (Tom Moore)

I dunno, I think I would rather have a QB that played in big games like Florida,Georgia,LSU,Auburn and held his own

compared to QB's whose big games were FSU (in a down swing), NC State, Wake Forrest, North Carolina

With the arm and the athletic Ability of Eric Ainge I really am optimistic that Gruden could do good things with this kid

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 23, 2007, 04:33:58 PM

I disagree about Matt Ryan not running a real offense. BC coach Jeff Jagodzinski is a former NFL offensive coordinator and has been in the NFL most of the last 7-8 years. BC has always run a bit of a pro style offense under Coughlin, O'Brien, and now Jagodzinski. The quarterbacks have always been regarded as good college quarterbacks and occasionally good pro players like Matt Hasselbeck.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Erik Ainge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools