Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Luck Booger « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #15 : October 17, 2006, 10:15:34 PM »

But then again, on the reality side of it, if Rod couldn't get Booger motivated to play, NOBODY can!

QFT!!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #16 : October 18, 2006, 09:49:13 AM »

Sniffing a shot at another ring could motivate him for the rest of the year.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #17 : October 18, 2006, 09:53:21 AM »

Sniffing a shot at another ring could motivate him for the rest of the year.

If Booger gets another ring it will be a slap in the face for all the hard working players around the NFL that never get a sniff.  Imagine McFat retiring with a couple of Rings and $30 million….in his crazy mind he will think he actually earned it.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 18, 2006, 09:59:36 AM »

Some guys have all the luck.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

goto11

Starter
« #19 : October 18, 2006, 10:06:04 AM »

On NFL Network, Rod Woodson said a couple times that the Colts were getting a "leader".  What?  I have never heard one player say that they thought McFarland was a leader on the team or that they looked up to him.  Just because you've been on a team for several years doesn't make you a leader.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #20 : October 18, 2006, 10:27:20 AM »

Not football wise. Surely Rod was thinking in the community or something.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #21 : October 18, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »

On NFL Network, Rod Woodson said a couple times that the Colts were getting a "leader". What? I have never heard one player say that they thought McFarland was a leader on the team or that they looked up to him. Just because you've been on a team for several years doesn't make you a leader.
Rod Woodson has suffered through some concussions man. 

McFarland is anything but a leader.  All these guys have to do is WATCH the games, LOOK at the stats, and READ what the fans say about him.  They will change their minds rather quickly, trust that.

« #22 : October 18, 2006, 05:39:14 PM »

I got to meet him at an autograph with LeeRoy Selmon at the Hall of Fame. He seemed kinda put off about it.I wish him well.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #23 : October 18, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »

On NFL Network, Rod Woodson said a couple times that the Colts were getting a "leader".  What?  I have never heard one player say that they thought McFarland was a leader on the team or that they looked up to him.  Just because you've been on a team for several years doesn't make you a leader.

booger is a leader.  he's always ready to be the first guy to take a tee shot, so the rest of his foursome can make adjustments.  he keeps his group moving along at a brisk pace so they don't hold up the group behind them, and he sets a great example by diligently replacing divots and raking the sand traps.

oh, you mean on the football field?

seriously, though, he seems like a nice enough guy, i just wish he could've gotten the job done here.  the colts didn't have much going on at the tackle position, so he'll improve their team despite not being worth a 2nd-rounder....

gone

Hall of Famer
« #24 : October 18, 2006, 10:01:40 PM »

I wish the guy the best of luck. Seriously.

Why?  THe worse they do, the better WE do...

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #25 : October 19, 2006, 04:31:01 PM »

You know me by now JG, let's get on with the inevitable. I love the youth and can't wait to see the rebuilding of the defense. I think that GruAllen are 90% done on offense, we have all of our picks and the cap situation is getting better and better. no more free agents with big contracts for me, just spot guys to plug a hole for a year. bring on the kids!

I'm ready as well. I think you're going to see a big turnover this winter as the defense gets younger. Don't you just smile when thinking of the future of the Bucs now? LOL All good IMO.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #26 : October 18, 2006, 11:37:38 PM »

Man the colts fans are SERIOUSLY excited about this. Guess they still don't understand defense.
They don't really have any. :P

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #27 : October 19, 2006, 07:44:54 AM »

Why? THe worse they do, the better WE do...

I wrote that I wished Booger the best of luck, NOT that the Colts go undefeated resulting in a lower draft pick for us. There's a difference.
I wish the best for most all ex-Buc players, deal with it.

As always, GO BUCS!!!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #28 : October 19, 2006, 08:38:55 AM »

The trading of 'The Booger' to me signals the inevitable dismantling of the ageing defense. Rice, Spires, Quarles, Kelly, Barber and Mr. brooks all will have to go near term. They are long in the tooth and appear to me to be a little jaded in their gameday endeavors. The 'fire' just doesn't appear to be their as in years gone by. The offense needs a center and a fullback and a back-up for Caddy. The defense needs to replace 6/7/8 regulars. I do think, however, that some of the back ups can step in to help in the transition. These players are not impact players like Brooks, Lynch and Sapp were in their heyday. Hopefully, GruAllen can offload they vets for some picks, bundle a few picks together and move up in the draft and get a couple of 'splash' plyers each year for the next two years. The offense has Caddy, Grads, Smith and Clayton and an offensive line that looks like it has a chance to be good and stable after all of these years. We'll see.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #29 : October 19, 2006, 10:45:50 AM »

The trading of 'The Booger' to me signals the inevitable dismantling of the ageing defense. Rice, Spires, Quarles, Kelly, Barber and Mr. brooks all will have to go near term. They are long in the tooth and appear to me to be a little jaded in their gameday endeavors. The 'fire' just doesn't appear to be their as in years gone by. The offense needs a center and a fullback and a back-up for Caddy. The defense needs to replace 6/7/8 regulars. I do think, however, that some of the back ups can step in to help in the transition. These players are not impact players like Brooks, Lynch and Sapp were in their heyday. Hopefully, GruAllen can offload they vets for some picks, bundle a few picks together and move up in the draft and get a couple of 'splash' plyers each year for the next two years. The offense has Caddy, Grads, Smith and Clayton and an offensive line that looks like it has a chance to be good and stable after all of these years. We'll see.

I think you're correct. Finally getting what you wanted, eh Rusty? LOL Seriously, we ARE in the process of rebuilding and there will be little left of the Super Bowl team by the start of next season. Already in progress and has been since the Caddy draft.

As always, GO BUCS!!!
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Luck Booger « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools