Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: REFEREE TONY CORRENTE EXPLAINS CONTROVERSIAL CALL ON CLAYTON CATCH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BucNation408

Second String

#30 : November 15, 2009, 06:24:11 PM

the s.o.b. can kiss my a$$

i agree!! lolx

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 15, 2009, 06:27:50 PM

Suh, Suh, Suh!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

peludo55

Practice Squad
#32 : November 15, 2009, 06:28:13 PM

What makes Tony Corrente even more of a moron is that he screwed it up even after seeing the replay, and he should be disciplined by the league. But, the bigger issue here is that Michael Clayton can't catch a cold. He should have caught that ball, and, like so many others, he couldn't hang on. And the most frustrating thing is that the coaching staff and front office don't seem to understand how BAD this Guy is!! He's GARBAGE!! [banghead]

#33 : November 15, 2009, 06:32:00 PM

Suh, Suh, Suh!!!

See, Tony is just helping us out with that. So is the defensive, they want Ndamukong as well.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 15, 2009, 06:33:35 PM

I know it's not politically correct but I'd have been all for giving Morris a lifetime contract if he had punched Back Judge 119 right in the face for throwing that flag.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 15, 2009, 06:34:37 PM

Want to get really mad?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/15/controversial-call-in-bucs-fins-latest-example-of-now-common-rule/

burger40

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 15, 2009, 06:35:07 PM

tony's understanding of the rule is correct...his eyesight however must be lacking. i mean he had the ball and got hit then made contact with the ground then the ball popped out.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 15, 2009, 06:40:30 PM

The officiating crews seem to go out of their way not to overturn bad calls made by their own. I'm calling for an independent replay ref appointed by the NFL at every game. Take these decisions out of the hands of the guys who eat breakfast together. Let the on field officials make their call and if there is a replay, don't let them have anything to do with it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 15, 2009, 06:41:34 PM

Want to get really mad?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/15/controversial-call-in-bucs-fins-latest-example-of-now-common-rule/

The problem with that thought is that he catches it, gets the feet down, is contacted and falls on his butt. That's it, play over this isn't a case where the man is trying to maintain control without contact. This is classic ground causing a fumble stuff.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 15, 2009, 06:44:41 PM

College football has this thing right imo.

bucs63

Starter

#40 : November 15, 2009, 07:56:15 PM

(On why was the play not ruled a completion upon review) – “Because the player in question, the player who was possessing the ball in the air, as he started to come down, was hit. As he is coming down, he is now going to the ground to complete a catch and by rule, if he’s going to the ground to complete a catch, he has to maintain possession of the ball completely through the entire process of hitting the ground and thereafter showing control. As he went to the ground, basically right when he went to the ground, the ball popped out, and went right into the arms of the Miami player. The ball had never touched the ground.”

THIS is where the ref is wrong. The replay clearly shows Clayton coming to the ground on both feet with control of the ball. That completes the catch. Then contact knocks him the ground. As dalbuc just said, he is not coming from the air to the ground, trying to maintain control.

I should be used to the Bucs getting screwed like this, but it sucks every time.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 15, 2009, 07:57:47 PM

We need to make sure the LEAGUE explains this... It just isnt right.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 15, 2009, 08:15:51 PM

Falling = a football move.

Falling - after contact - which is the important part of the play.

#43 : November 15, 2009, 08:09:56 PM

THIS is where the ref is wrong. The replay clearly shows Clayton coming to the ground on both feet with control of the ball. That completes the catch.

Isn't it two steps and a "football move?"

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 15, 2009, 08:12:06 PM

Falling = a football move.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: REFEREE TONY CORRENTE EXPLAINS CONTROVERSIAL CALL ON CLAYTON CATCH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools