Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is anyone else having difficulty getting a Dish Network signal for football? « previous next »
Page: 1

jameswilder

Starter

: November 15, 2009, 05:24:56 PM

The past few weeks, I've been getting terrible reception on the FOX Sunday pregame. Today, I watched the Bucs and Miami game just fine until the second half. I've been watching the Dallas/Green Bay and Oakland/ Kansas City game, all on Dish Network, and the signal is horrible. My wife is in the other room watching CSI and I'm watching Dallas/Green Bay and every 10-15 seconds, the screen freezes up. This has gotten to be an issue this week. Is this the cable providers on sat tv to mandate subscribers to get HDTV receivers? Is anyone else having problems? Interesting that the only interruption of a signal is during NFL games on Sundays. I have no other problem with a signal on Dish TV during the week. Interesting.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 15, 2009, 05:42:48 PM

Try to reset your box. Should be a red button somewhere.  Interesting that it only during the games.

original

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 17, 2009, 07:56:11 AM

Down in the Ft. Myers area I spoke to people on all of the carriers of comcast/Dish/Direct  and both football games had stop and go issues with complete stoppages during the games.  There were times, like the last drive for the Bucs where I missed two to three plays at a time.  The audio has been popping all season.  It really stinks that we pay for this crappy servive.

jameswilder

Starter

#3 : November 17, 2009, 07:35:03 PM

I spoke yesterday with Fox 4. They said the sat service to Direct TV and Dish was cutting in and out of HD service during transmission. I explained that both I (who have Dish Network) and a friend of mine who has Direct TV has had difficulty nearly all season with the sound quality and in the past two weeks, the signal quality. After spending 1.5 hours on the phone with Dish Network last night, all they did was take my name and number and they'd record that I had registered a complaint. Great service If I get another week of the crappy broadcast I've seen in the past 3 weeks, it will be the last week of Dish Network for me.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is anyone else having difficulty getting a Dish Network signal for football? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools