Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DL Workout Results « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#60 : February 27, 2007, 11:32:38 AM

Simeon is listed at 6'5" 270. Adams is 6' 4" 6/8, hardly that much shorter.

Adams is a great player nad he looked great in his workouts but if the idea is to get bigger on DL, he's not a good fit.

I guess we'll have to wait until Anderson is able workout to see how they compare.

PR has noted time and again that Simeon actually plays at 260-265 during the season.

bluetick

Practice Squad

#61 : February 27, 2007, 11:46:37 AM

I would see the Bucs take Carriker over Adams, if for some reason they go DE in the first. The coach staff was in love with Carriker the entire week of the Senior Bowl. Carriker with his size and versatility, and the way he has hit a homerun with his combine results, would definitely be above Adams in my book, and IMO the bucs also. ;D

If Thomas & CJ are gone,

1) A. Carriker
2a) R. Kalil
2b) Marcus Thomas
3) Eric Weddle
4) Dan Bazuin
5) Yamon Figurs
7) OLINE HELP

dm4bucs

Starter
#62 : February 27, 2007, 12:52:43 PM

Lamar Woodley draft stock seems to be taking a big hit also...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/26/combine/

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#63 : February 27, 2007, 12:55:54 PM

If Woodely is there at 2b or 3 it would be a steal. 8)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#64 : February 27, 2007, 01:20:12 PM

Gonna agree with those who are saying Carricker is impressing - don't know about #4 overall - but from the looks of things he will not be a bad choice.  Size and speed are a nice pair.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

marlevr

Second String
#65 : February 27, 2007, 01:36:45 PM

Plus he's versatile and can play inside too.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#66 : February 27, 2007, 02:09:06 PM

Adams is a great player nad he looked great in his workouts but if the idea is to get bigger on DL, he's not a good fit.

I guess we'll have to wait until Anderson is able workout to see how they compare.

PR has noted time and again that Simeon actually plays at 260-265 during the season.
He has always looked sleek to me.

I'd be shocked if Sim weighed in at 270...

As far as if the idea of the Bucs getting bigger on the DL, since when was this mentioned by anyone?  And if so, why aren't there more threads, or rumors about Branch?  The guy is a monster, and is ranked higher than Okoye...

And if we are going to bring up Okoye is a better pass rusher, fine.  But the Bucs can't get anyone off the field when opposing teams ram the ball down their throat, so really, you either fix one, and ignore the other...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#67 : February 27, 2007, 02:17:34 PM

As far as if the idea of the Bucs getting bigger on the DL, since when was this mentioned by anyone? And if so, why aren't there more threads, or rumors about Branch? The guy is a monster, and is ranked higher than Okoye...

And if we are going to bring up Okoye is a better pass rusher, fine. But the Bucs can't get anyone off the field when opposing teams ram the ball down their throat, so really, you either fix one, and ignore the other...

I actually think Branch might be an option if the Bucs are truly trying to beef up the line.  They could slide Hovan over to UT.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#68 : February 27, 2007, 02:20:09 PM

As far as if the idea of the Bucs getting bigger on the DL, since when was this mentioned by anyone? And if so, why aren't there more threads, or rumors about Branch? The guy is a monster, and is ranked higher than Okoye...

And if we are going to bring up Okoye is a better pass rusher, fine. But the Bucs can't get anyone off the field when opposing teams ram the ball down their throat, so really, you either fix one, and ignore the other...

I actually think Branch might be an option if the Bucs are truly trying to beef up the line. They could slide Hovan over to UT.
I would be ecstatic if they plugged him into the lineup.  The man draws doubles because of his quickness, and size, and is a run stuffer.  Having Hovan and Branch plug the middle makes me a happier Buc fan.  It stops the "bleeding" so to speak...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#69 : February 27, 2007, 02:39:18 PM

the PR guys during their Senior Bowl coverage.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#70 : February 27, 2007, 02:42:12 PM

the PR guys during their Senior Bowl coverage.
Sorry.  Haven't got that issue yet.  Still waiting (tap, tap, tap).

And if they want to get bigger, Branch should be getting more love.  Not CJ, not Quinn, not Gaines.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#71 : February 27, 2007, 02:46:43 PM

I think Branch is overrated. He's where he is because of the measurables he brings to the table. He definitely wasn't as productive as John Henderson (drafted #9) and maybe not even as good as Vince Wilfork (drafted #21).

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#72 : February 27, 2007, 02:49:14 PM

I think Branch is overrated. He's where he is because of the measurables he brings to the table. He definitely wasn't as productive as John Henderson (drafted #9) and maybe not even as good as Vince Wilfork (drafted #21).
He played on a top 3 run defending school, where he was considered the anchor.  That speaks volumes to me...

And comparing guys who are factors in the NFL to guys who are in college is totally ridiculous.

It is like comping Calvin Johnson to Michael Clayton.  As of now, Clayton is a better professional...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#73 : February 27, 2007, 02:56:26 PM

And comparing guys who are factors in the NFL to guys who are in college is totally ridiculous.

It is like comping Calvin Johnson to Michael Clayton. As of now, Clayton is a better professional...
Say what? Don't you want to look at the successful pros and see how they looked in college so you can get an idea how the college players now may project?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#74 : February 27, 2007, 02:58:48 PM

He played on a top 3 run defending school, where he was considered the anchor. That speaks volumes to me...

It is like comping Calvin Johnson to Michael Clayton. As of now, Clayton is a better professional...

huh? Why is that ridiculous? I believe he was comparing John Henderson/Vince Wilfork in college versus Allan Branch in college. Comparing Calvin Johnson to Michael Clayton as prospects, CJ is easily superior, even if I knew nothing about Michael Clayton or dozed off after his great rookie year.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DL Workout Results « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools