Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Needs for 2010 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : November 15, 2009, 05:39:29 PM

Replace RB with OL. I'm sick of Trueblood. Not to mention, you can often find solid o-linemen in later rounds.
Trueblood has been solid this year.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 15, 2009, 05:40:28 PM

Replace RB with OL. I'm sick of Trueblood. Not to mention, you can often find solid o-linemen in later rounds.

100% inaccurate statement. 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 15, 2009, 05:59:33 PM

DT/DE/MLB/CB with the first four picks first three rounds

WR/WR/ with the next two picks

BA with the other picks

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Snookinbach

Practice Squad

#18 : November 15, 2009, 06:13:46 PM

You got to be kidding on Trueblood! He is by far the Buc's worst starting offensive player not named Clayton.

Also, Penn is eating his way into becoming a liability. He has blown up like a tick.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 15, 2009, 06:25:13 PM

Ummm... A new OC?  Did I miss that being included or did everyone have a momentary brain fart

[Add witty one liner here]

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 15, 2009, 06:32:16 PM

Many things are solid. Feces are a solid and so if you mean he's solid in that way you are correct. Flags, bad run blocking and getting whipped on pass blocking.....yep that's solid like a BM right there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 15, 2009, 06:36:34 PM

Many things are solid. Feces are a solid and so if you mean he's solid in that way you are correct. Flags, bad run blocking and getting whipped on pass blocking.....yep that's solid like a BM right there.

LOL.  Great post Dal. 

Jason Odom laughs at Trueblood. 

burger40

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 15, 2009, 06:39:46 PM

At least 1 DT
At least 1 DE
At least 1 LB
At least 1 CB
1 Safety
2 WRs
A RB
A new DC

Anything else need to be added?
i'd say one new WR would be enough if it is a high pick. and we don't need another RB especially with how crappy our line has been mostly and all the other needs

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

#23 : November 15, 2009, 06:53:27 PM

add FB that can stay healthy to the list.

tampabay-alltheway

Rookie

#24 : November 15, 2009, 09:04:01 PM

probably throw in a tackle to stablize the line and yeah we're on our way..

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 15, 2009, 09:54:26 PM

I have been thinking this over for a while as well. The Bucs are not contenders this year (obvious) and most likely won't be next year. So the best way to build the team is for long term stability and not try a quick fix. What also must be taken into consideration is the learning curve of positions. I think "The Plan" is to be competitive in 2011 and beyond. 

DT is the MOST obvious need now and in the future. Even if Hovan was playing half decent, he won't be playing in 2 years. Add to that the talent that will be available at DT in this next draft, I think DT is a no brainer. But the use of the 1st 2nd round pick maybe better spent on the O-line.

First, this assumes the Bucs can't move backup to get a Spikes or such and it also assumes, that after off season evaluation, it is determined Sears is gone for good. LT will be good enough if they resign Penn. Faine and Joseph are solid. Trueblood and Zuttah are the questions. Some gambles need to be taken on less proven talent once in a while to really achieve success and I think the gamble that Trueblood vs Dotson can get us a solid RT. So it is right guard that may be the weak link. Zuttah is OK, but not a mauler and can certainly be improved. I also believe that Zuttah is more valuable as a multi position back-up than as a starter.

Most guards get drafted in the top of the 2nd round, right where the Bucs will be. So unless like I said above, the Bucs can swing a second true stud on defense, the guard position must really be considered here. Yes there are also needs at other positions, but all factors considered, this may be the right time to solidify the O-line.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 15, 2009, 10:01:51 PM

We find a way to fix the D-line, we fix the D... I think your needs are pretty much what I would say... I might go with 3 WR's (at least one for depth/injury from FA)

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 15, 2009, 10:05:16 PM

Personally, I think Zuttah is the weakest link. Trueblood has always been a inconsistent son of a gun.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 15, 2009, 10:11:54 PM

Also with Trueblood, at least the team could help him with a TE, but no helping the guard with a TE (although a RB could, lol). For those that have read the latest issue and the article on Dotson, RT is a position with potential and not deserving a high draft choice if one at all. At least not this year.

If Mike Iupati falls to our 1st 2nd round pick, I'd be hard pressed not to select him.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Needs for 2010 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools