Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Call of the Year by Refs! « previous next »
Page: 1

: November 16, 2009, 08:11:01 AM

The bottom line is this....

There are always gonna be plays of this sort throughout a game....some go your way, some don't.  The end game is that Freeman led the Bucs back to a lead late in the game....and just like December of a year ago, the defense failed to hold up their end of the bargain.  Tampa Bay had plenty of possessions to overcome the piss-poor call by the official. 

SCOUT

Starter

#1 : November 16, 2009, 01:00:29 AM

I am not a Clayton fan, but this was absolutely taking the game away from the Bucs.  Makes me wonder what game they were watching and Raheem owes no one an apology. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 16, 2009, 01:27:31 AM

The ref should be kicked out of the NFL.  He must have had money on the game.

What other explanation can you give for such a stupid call?  EVERYONE knew it was a catch.  And this guy UMPS games?  Time to lose the job ref.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 16, 2009, 12:40:55 PM

Even the Phins fans know that it was a bad call...
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/taylors-int-263142.html

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 16, 2009, 12:47:44 PM

It was certainly questionable call, but Clayton has to hold on to the damn football.  You barely make any catches, don’t be so quick to get rid of it the next time you catch a football, which will probably be a few weeks from now.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 16, 2009, 12:49:36 PM

It was certainly questionable call, but Clayton has to hold on to the damn football.  You barely make any catches, don�t be so quick to get rid of it the next time you catch a football, which will probably be a few weeks from now.

::)

tbucsfan56

Second String

#6 : November 16, 2009, 12:52:59 PM

There are always gonna be plays of this sort throughout a game....some go your way, some don't. The end game is that Freeman led the Bucs back to a lead late in the game....and just like December of a year ago, the defense failed to hold up their end of the bargain. Tampa Bay had plenty of possessions to overcome the piss-poor call by the official.

While I understand your point we shouldn't have to overcome a bad call. If Miami had won the game by 14 there is nothing to say. I agree that the defence let us done but no one should be handed points like that play produced. If you allow that play then it was an interception and a td. [banghead]

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 16, 2009, 12:54:56 PM

It was certainly questionable call, but Clayton has to hold on to the damn football.  You barely make any catches, don�t be so quick to get rid of it the next time you catch a football, which will probably be a few weeks from now.

::)
What are you rolling your eyes at?  I didn’t like the call, but it seems most of the analyst thought it was the right call

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 16, 2009, 12:57:06 PM

There are always gonna be plays of this sort throughout a game....some go your way, some don't. The end game is that Freeman led the Bucs back to a lead late in the game....and just like December of a year ago, the defense failed to hold up their end of the bargain. Tampa Bay had plenty of possessions to overcome the piss-poor call by the official.

While I understand your point we shouldn't have to overcome a bad call. If Miami had won the game by 14 there is nothing to say. I agree that the defence let us done but no one should be handed points like that play produced. If you allow that play then it was an interception and a td. [banghead]
... and to add to that, granted, bad calls are a part of the game... but this call was BEYOND bad. It was deliberate. It was a conspiracy. The refs must've bet on the Dolphins or something.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#9 : November 16, 2009, 01:02:45 PM

... and to add to that, granted, bad calls are a part of the game... but this call was BEYOND bad. It was deliberate. It was a conspiracy. The refs must've bet on the Dolphins or something.

i work with 5 or 6 dolphins fans and every one of them has came up to me and told me we got shafted. There  are going to be bad calls in every game, true, but I have never seen one this bad. There should be an investigation on these refs.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Call of the Year by Refs! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools