Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wilbon: RichRod and Weis are done « previous next »
Page: 1

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

: November 16, 2009, 01:23:23 PM

"Wilbon just said on TK's radio show that 'on pretty good authority' both Charlie Weis and Rich Rodriguez are both done."

http://twitter.com/brandon_ROTU/status/5771013386

Weis:  No shocker there.

I'm not one of those bitter WV fans.  I'd take RR back in a split second after two years of Bill Stewart. I'd bet Louisville would go after him..

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

matt

Starter

#1 : November 16, 2009, 01:41:45 PM

Wilbon's an idiot: http://mgoblog.com/content/dont-take-michael-wilbon-rumor-seriously

…let me make a futile attempt to stop the rumor storm coming down the pike. At this point if there were things afoot in the athletic department, someone would mention it to me. I don't have anything in the inbox suggesting that Rodriguez is in trouble, which is about as good as a denial when the idea in question is firing a football coach with Rodriguez's track record and a four million dollar buyout after two years.

Mike Wilbon doesn't know what he's talking about and is irresponsibly throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks because he heard from a friend of a friend who's got a guy who says he doesn't like Rodriguez.

University of Michigan President Mary Sue Coleman has come out in support of Rich saying he's going to get time and alluding to the fact that she gave Tommy Amaker 6 years. Unless something major comes out of the Freep nonsense, Rich likely is safe through 2011. He needs the time to rebuild the decimated roster that includes only 71 scholarship players. There are a lot of people **CENSORED**ing about Rich, but the people that matter are not going to allow Michigan to become Notre Dame.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 16, 2009, 02:31:13 PM

"There are a lot of people **CENSORED**ing about Rich, but the people that matter are not going to allow Michigan to become Notre Dame".

some would say they already have :)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 16, 2009, 03:04:42 PM

Weis makes sense. Rich Rod, I think it is too early. Give him 3-4 seasons at least.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 16, 2009, 04:48:39 PM

Rich will succeed in Mich.  Weiss needs to get some Richard Simmons tapes.

Here is to hoping Rich gets it going against OU this year!  I want them to lose so badly.....

#5 : November 17, 2009, 03:21:57 AM

Here is to hoping Rich gets it going against OU this year!  I want them to lose so badly.....
Too bad they don't play Ohio University.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 17, 2009, 12:42:46 PM

Too bad they don't play Ohio University.

I thought he meant Oregon or Oklahoma

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 17, 2009, 12:58:30 PM

my bad internet police.........you know what I meant!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wilbon: RichRod and Weis are done « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools