Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL informs Bucs they agree with Taylor INT call « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

armydx316

Starter

: November 16, 2009, 05:52:57 PM

Not sure if this was posted yet. If so I apologize....

Mike Pereira  the NFL's vice president of officiating, has informed the Bucs he agrees with the instant replay reversal that resulted in an interception by the Dolphins' Jason Taylor Sunday.

On Monday, Pereira reviewed the controversial play that took place near the end of the first half of Sunday's 25-23 loss in Miami.

Bucs receiver Michael Clayton appeared to make an 11-yard catch at the Tampa Bay 15 with 1:43 remaining in the half. After Clayton's body hit the ground, the ball squirted out and into the hands of Taylor.

Referee Tony Corrente huddled with his crew and ruled the pass incomplete. But the play was reviewed and Corrente ruled that Clayton didn't maintain possession after he hit the ground. Taylor was awarded an interception.

Morris received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for arguing the call, setting up the Dolphins at the Bucs' 8-yard line. Two plays later, Kory Sperry's 5-yard touchdown catch gave Miami a 16-6 lead.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/11/nfl-informs-bucs-they-agree-with-taylor-int-call-.html

This is utter bullspit.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 16, 2009, 05:54:18 PM

The blind leading the blind it seems.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : November 16, 2009, 05:58:02 PM

He's the expert - no reason for him to side with the refs if they're wrong.

Water under the bridge. We still lost because we can't tackle.

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#3 : November 16, 2009, 05:58:27 PM

they're full of crap, no one agrees with that call...... NO ONE!

Way to go NFL.... fail

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 16, 2009, 05:59:04 PM

If they support that call, they are busted in their ability to think clearly.  Screw the,, I don't care what they think, that call was erroneous.

Explain away if they must, but they ain't changin' my mind.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#5 : November 16, 2009, 06:09:00 PM

Well then this must mean that they will talk to the ref making the decision on the blown call. They should be suspended for a game without pay.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : November 16, 2009, 06:11:51 PM

Well then this must mean that they will talk to the ref making the decision on the blown call. They should be suspended for a game without pay.

Huh? The supervisor of referees said the call was correct. Why do you think he'd suspend the referee involved?

kennard19

Starter
#7 : November 16, 2009, 06:14:23 PM

It was bullcrap. He was down!! I can't remember being this pissed off over a call.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 16, 2009, 06:16:03 PM

Huh? The supervisor of referees said the call was correct. Why do you think he'd suspend the referee involved?

Not to put it mildly but Pereira  is a tool and always has been. I fully expected him to try and claim this call was good but sadly any claim they try and make fails in the face of video and photograpahic evidence so at the very least he's lying about the "indisputable" part of the review.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#9 : November 16, 2009, 06:18:19 PM

Oh I thought he agreed with the bucs. Nevermind.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 16, 2009, 06:23:24 PM

Maybe the league had a better angle to look at.  If their just going by the game replays we all saw......no way.

luke99

Starter

#11 : November 16, 2009, 06:28:17 PM

The play and replay was called right.. you guys are reaching..Too funny

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 16, 2009, 06:30:04 PM

NFfaiL

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 16, 2009, 06:30:13 PM

Dude, you can't be that retarded. The picture in the SPTimes pretty much puts and end to it. MC80 has the ball, controlled and is down with the Dolphin touching him. No matter how you slice it that can not happen and the ball still come out like they, and I guess you, want it to.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 16, 2009, 06:32:53 PM

Dude, you can't be that retarded. The picture in the SPTimes pretty much puts and end to it. MC80 has the ball, controlled and is down with the Dolphin touching him. No matter how you slice it that can not happen and the ball still come out like they, and I guess you, want it to.

Didn't see the pic........but the play should of been over when he is on his back with the ball in hand. End of play.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL informs Bucs they agree with Taylor INT call « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools