Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can ANYBODY want David Carr??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: February 26, 2007, 06:39:46 PM

Sure, the guy has had no protection behind that lousy excuse of an o-line in Houston, but not all of those sacks can be attributed to the o-line. At some point, after getting sacked so much consistently, you have to question his decision making and the length of time he holds onto the ball. He reminds me of a younger Drew Bledsoe. From what I have seen of him in Houston, I have NO confidence in his ability to perform here. I get the feeling a lot of you want him solely based on his completion percentage. But so what? The rest of his game sucks.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : February 26, 2007, 06:41:59 PM

Somebody please listen!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 26, 2007, 06:43:41 PM

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10021837
A NEW CARR
After watching the college quarterbacks this weekend and further assessing the potential free-agent class, the Houston Texans came away even more convinced that David Carr will be their quarterback this season.

Up until now, the Texans have said they would listen to offers for Carr, but never have committed to trading him. And upon further review, Texans officials now believe that Carr is their best alternative and they won't be making a trade for Denver's Jake Plummer or any other quarterback.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 26, 2007, 06:46:07 PM

He holds the ball too long. We need a veteran QB not another young QB.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 26, 2007, 06:46:36 PM

It's been brought up before, if you're looking at him as the savior then you're foolish. If you're looking at him to solidify the back-up spot in case of the injury, then you haven't taken 15 swats off a bong.

#5 : February 26, 2007, 07:23:58 PM

I'm amazed that some are content with status quo.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 26, 2007, 07:37:11 PM

I don't think it is a case of being content with the status quo, more of a case of what can we do about it? Factor in if there is no to little improvement next year Gruden's ass will be on the line so it almost rules out the possibility of a rookie QB. So moving on from there, what choices do we have. As much as I would like to be proved wrong, I am not confident that Chris will rebound into our future HOF QB; so where do we go?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 26, 2007, 07:41:06 PM

here we go again, Carr does have up side and thats what JG and BA see and if the deal can get done you will see also.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : February 26, 2007, 07:48:24 PM

Somebody please listen!
To a Red Sox fan? I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a teaspoon than listen to anything a Red Sox fan has to say. Do the world a favor and run a Red Sox fan off the highway!!!

#9 : February 26, 2007, 07:49:08 PM

Somebody please listen!
To a Red Sox fan? I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a teaspoon than listen to anything a Red Sox fan has to say. Do the world a favor and run a Red Sox fan off the highway!!!
AMEN! I love seeing the Sox fans squirm seeing fat Dice-K...4.5+ ERA HERE WE COME BABY! BYE-BYE 111 DOLLAS FOR THE DOORMAT.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 26, 2007, 07:53:33 PM

Somebody please listen!

I listened, and what I'm hearing you say is:

"Please God No, no competition for my wonderyboy supercutie Chris!!"

EVERY time ANY other QB is mentioned for Tampa, you go into hysterics.  Get over him already, it's pathetic...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : February 26, 2007, 08:33:35 PM

Somebody please listen!
I am most certainly, absolutely, positively NOT a Red Sox fan!!!!!!!!

#12 : February 26, 2007, 08:35:47 PM

He meant cutthroat.

#13 : February 26, 2007, 08:46:29 PM

If you can admit that Carr has had NO protection then how can you say he holds the ball too long? You just want him to throw it away every time and not attempt to find a receiver? For him to have the completion % that he does is a wonder, hell by everyone 's account he should NOT have a completion % at all....just throw it away Dave!
 I like Simms but I'm not so confident that we dont need to bring someone in, and after watching the combine(bench press) and a few interviews w/ Quinn, I'm damn near sold that he will be a franchise QB and fit right in with any Pro Ofeense,, it's just ashame that we will all be saying "Could've been a Buc" .  I can't wait for his Pro day workout, it should definatley get people talking.

#14 : February 26, 2007, 08:53:03 PM

As much as I would like to be proved wrong, I am not confident that Chris will rebound into our future HOF QB; so where do we go?

Neither am I. Thats why I have no problem with a Carr acquisition. Those still waiting for Simms to "get it" are fooling themselves, IMO.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can ANYBODY want David Carr??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools